New member and new owner of a Stromer ST1 Platinum

S Johnson

Just picked up my Stromer, and my first e-bike, Saturday night. Not the best time of year here in Colorado, but our frigid weather has broken for a time and the roads are dry, so I'll get out for a bit today.

I have appreciated this site and some others as I decided what to purchase. The Stromer was the only e-bike carried by my LBS, but after doing some research, I decided I didn't need to look too far afield for options.

I will look forward to continued learning from all of you.

Steve

Hey a fellow Coloradoan! Welcome and grats on the ST1P. That's a sweet bike.

What's ur LBS? The closest one to me is small planet ebikes, they carry stormer and currie pluse a few more brands... But the st1 is a great bike so yeah. Enjoy that sucker while this weather lasts.

We need picks of ur ride! Lol.

Yeah...pictures if you please! (Pics or it didn't happen :p ) Congratulations to your buy! I've been riding my electric bicycle for 2,5 years now....it's the best thing ever!! :)

Kaldeem--is that a real pic of you? ;)
Got my stromer at C3, Colorado Cycling Connection, in the Highlands. Technically not local--I'm in Littleton--but I know a guy there. Great shop with lots of mid range and high end bikes. And the Stromer line.

Looking forward to some warmer weather coming up!

Will post a pic soon.

Steve

Kaldeem--is that a real pic of you? ;)
Got my stromer at C3, Colorado Cycling Connection, in the Highlands. Technically not local--I'm in Littleton--but I know a guy there. Great shop with lots of mid range and high end bikes. And the Stromer line.

Looking forward to some warmer weather coming up!

Will post a pic soon.

Steve

Smart move Steve and Congrats! Buying from your LBS is the way to go, and you were fortunate that it was a Stromer... Not the fastest and certainly not the lightest, but the quality and overall design is excellent imo.. Mine is a Stromer Elite with 2000miles on it... Only problems were bicycle related, not electrical.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.

After a week of frigid temps a couple of weeks ago, we're back to a more typical late November--67 degrees as I type and I just finished a "quick" hour and 15 minute ride. 14.93 miles, all on Eco setting, and battery reads at 76%. I'm trying to ride in Eco to do a bit of research on battery range. Let's see, at 1% battery per mile I'll have a range of . . . ? I know this isn't typical, but I am putting in some effort.

Those who denigrate the e-bike as a lazy way to bike--well, let's just say I'm getting a work out. My heart rate is up, I'm sweating a bit, and I definitely feel it in my upper thighs.

I'll post updates periodically on my settings and battery usage. So far, I am very pleased and grinning a lot!

Oh, and here's a pic to make it real!

Steve
Stromer First Ride!.jpg

A beeeuutifulll day here in Colorado--68 degrees (but headed to the 50s and 40s for highs this week). Decided I better get another ride in today.

100% charge to begin the ride.
21.02 miles in 1 hour 36 minutes.
68% charge remains.

All in ECO except one short, but steep hill where I tried the CITY and TOUR settings just to see. Even in ECO and a lower gear, going up was not an issue.

Really happy with this battery usage level.

I definitely got some exercise! Yes, could have done the same on a non-E-bike, but got to see a lot more ground, including a massive cloud of geese taking off from McLellan Resevoir.

Hope you all had a great day, too!

Steve

Sounds really great!! That's the core principal for me when it comes to E-bikes: added practical range. I really love to be able to go to rural areas and explore without sweating. Another thing I love to do is to go to the shopping mall outside the city. I was never able to do that before without a car. When I need for example small spare parts for my car like windshield vipers I take the E-bike. Makes total sense.

Back