New LMT’d - who’s in?

Lumpydog, you said in your last post you would come back here after your first ride. Anxiously waiting to hear about it.

9 power assist levels - Check

higher gearing with a 44T chainring and 11-32 cassette - Check

hydraulic brakes - Check

non-fat but wider all-terrain tires - 2.4" - Check

12g rear spokes - Check

lower cost battery - Check

air fork - Check

Last edited:
hydraulic brakes - Check

non-fat but wider all-terrain tires - 2.4" - Check

lower cost battery - Check

Brakes on the bike are really satisfying in the way they feel, engage and stop the bike. I agree regarding the tires. Fat Bike tires are a little over the top for me but I wanted a good size tire - this works. Not having to pay $1000 - $1300 for a replacement battery is nice....

finally got my bike today! Need to bring it down to the bike shop for a couple minor tune ups I do not know how to do and have them put the rear rack on while they are messing with it. Haven't had the chance to ride it in the few hours it's been here with work and family stuff but will take it out as soon as I can. It looks so nice! Super excited to go to work with it!

All set! My 6yr old son got me a bike bell for father’s day to be safe. Added the rack and a cell phone holder. Ready to rock!

Attachments

• 556D43E4-748A-4904-AD59-10701BD9C8F7.jpeg
    556D43E4-748A-4904-AD59-10701BD9C8F7.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 62E23C5B-E7F2-42ED-833D-2A74D1FC74C9.jpeg
    62E23C5B-E7F2-42ED-833D-2A74D1FC74C9.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 474
Congrats! Did you get to meet the Ride1Up peeps when you picked up the bike?

not the crew, just Kevin. He was super nice and walked me through some of the bike’s features. My first ebike so it was all new to me.

Just took it for a ride and man it is an awesome feeling. My driveway is super steep and it didn’t make it up but I am about 5’10 215lb so can’t fault it. Made it halfway then used the throttle to walk up. Maybe I’m doing it wrong. Tried pas 5 (of 5) and gearing on either 3 or 7.

not the crew, just Kevin. He was super nice and walked me through some of the bike’s features. My first ebike so it was all new to me.

Just took it for a ride and man it is an awesome feeling. My driveway is super steep and it didn’t make it up but I am about 5’10 215lb so can’t fault it. Made it halfway then used the throttle to walk up. Maybe I’m doing it wrong. Tried pas 5 (of 5) and gearing on either 3 or 7.

That's awesome that you got to meet the Ride1Up founder - I was not kidding when I said you should have him sign your bike!

As to getting up the driveway. I've found that my LMT'D has a LOT of motor torque. So much so that I literally leave it in the top gear all the time - mainly because I forget about shifting down as the bike doesn't argue when starting from a standstill. I start from a red light in 8th gear - and the motor kicks in to assist. I'm 52 yrs old and 180 lbs - my legs still have some good power.

Go back and try again. 1st gear or 2nd gear, peddle assist 5 (if using the 1-5 assist range). Remember - the bike responds to the feel of you peddling so the trick is to find the gear where you are applying pressure to the pedal - so the motor kicks in. Then - have the motor set the a pedal assist that can get you up that hill.

Another idea - go to gear 1 or 2 and use the throttle. It may be hard to get PAS to kick in when in gear 1 or 2 as you would have to pedal like mad to get the torque sensor to kick in.

The LMT'D is now showing a different display . Quite recently, the LMT'D said, "APT 500C Full Color LCD Display", nothing about being programmable, because I had specifically checked for that, but now it says, "Programmable KD218 Full Color LCD Display". I confirmed this via an archived copy of of the webpage that I wasn't mis-remembering.

For the recent recipients of the LMT'D, they may all have the older APT 500C. LumpyDog posted a video of his new LMT'D, and ThereIsNoTry posted a picture of his, and they both show the older APT 500C, not the programmable KD218 as now shown on the LMT'D product page, today.

The KD218 LCD manual shows that the PAS levels can be individually programmed for the assist ratio. If that indeed works for the LMT'D as well, that would be an additional nice feature that the early recipients of the LMT'D didn't get.

New: https://ride1up.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/700-Series-Display-Manual.pdf

Old: https://ride1up.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/700-Series-LCD-Manual-APT-500c.pdf

Anyone have any additional feedback on this matter?

Last edited:
The LMT'D is now showing a different display . Quite recently, the LMT'D said, "APT 500C Full Color LCD Display", nothing about being programmable, because I had specifically checked for that, but now it says, "Programmable KD218 Full Color LCD Display". I confirmed this via an archived copy of of the webpage that I wasn't mis-remembering.

For the recent recipients of the LMT'D, they may all have the older APT 500C. LumpyDog posted a video of his new LMT'D, and ThereIsNoTry posted a picture of his, and they both show the older APT 500C, not the programmable KD218 as now shown on the LMT'D product page, today.

The KD218 LCD manual shows that the PAS levels can be individually programmed for the assist ratio. If that indeed works for the LMT'D as well, that would be an additional nice feature that the early recipients of the LMT'D didn't get.

New: https://ride1up.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/700-Series-Display-Manual.pdf

Old: https://ride1up.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/700-Series-LCD-Manual-APT-500c.pdf

Anyone have any additional feedback on this matter?

Interesting - this controller allows you to set current limit (effects torque) and there are other settings that I think might dial in the LMT'D's motor torque/response when the motor comes on.

Looks like the LMT'D now has a ship date of August 25th. Sigh...
With all the delays and doubts about the torque sensor, I'll probably be cancelling my order. Maybe RIDE1Up will have things straightened out by next Spring.

Were you notified that your order was now shipping August 25th? Or are new orders being placed now shipping August 25th?

The Shipping date for the LMT'D was changed on their website. I didn't get an email from them.

Then I would assume that date is for new purchasers and your ship date remains as estimated when you purchased. They may be getting several shipments/batches. Never hurts to reach out and ask them if your original stated ship date is still the expected target.

Crohnie
A torque sensor needs you to put a lot of pressure on the pedals to get the full power of the assist level your in. A cadence sensor just needs you to move the pedals to get the full power. So easier to climb hills with a cadence sensor.

Yes, the shipping date on website only applies to new orders. I agree on sending an e mail inquiring about shipping date for your order. I did that and they were very responsive. My son's Ride1up500 is being delivered tomorrow.

Back