New Juiced Ripcurrent S Fat eBike

You had mentioned on a different thread that the Hyper Fat has quirky behavior at lower speeds? I was wondering if you might elaborate on that? How do you like the Hyper Fat for commuting so far?

It’s almost like the motor controller is causing the motor to shutter or bog down when moving from a standstill to about 5mph. Once you get moving it goes away, but if you don’t get moving fast enough the controller just decides to not work and then you have to restart the bike. This behavior is mostly present in ECO and Sport mode.

As a commuting platform it’s has some pluses and minuses. I’ve shortened my commute time from 47-50 mins down to 38-40 mins. I have a 16.5 mile one way commute. Due to the nature of my route, I can take advantage of the extra power and speed. Having a large battery is great, I know that I’ll make it to the office with plenty of power.

The downsides are the controller functionality in some modes as described and the lack of a service disconnect at the motor. Getting a flat already sucks and it doubly sucks with a hub motor that needs tools to remove.

I was watching a ebike repair video with Court interviewing an Ebike shop owner/ tech. His recommendation for rear flats on a hub motor is to patch the tube with the wheel on the bike. This seems to be a pretty reasonable approach to allow for a quick fix on a ride. You can still easily use tire levers to pull one side of the tire off the wheel and then pull out the tube, patch it, put it back in and hit the road. This solution would also allow most riders to limit their riding tool kit to a patch kit and tire levers.

The motor phase wires used on the HF1000, MAC motor are very large and cannot use the normal quick connect cables.
The RipCurrent's motor is Bafang and uses less amps so we can use the same type of cables used on the CrossCurrent. The RipCurrent is a more mainstream, easier to handle e-bike with a big focus on commuting. The HF is much more raw performance machine.

Attachments

• RCS-P1-04_1024x1024.jpg
    RCS-P1-04_1024x1024.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 694
  • RCS-P1-05_1024x1024.jpg
    RCS-P1-05_1024x1024.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 683
  • RCS-P1-02_1024x1024.jpg
    RCS-P1-02_1024x1024.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 717
  • RCS-P1-03_1024x1024.jpg
    RCS-P1-03_1024x1024.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 702
  • RCS-P1-01_1024x1024.jpg
    RCS-P1-01_1024x1024.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 677
  • RCS-P1-06_1024x1024.jpg
    RCS-P1-06_1024x1024.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 676
@jazz @hurricane56 A tire option would be great for those who are considering a fat bike for commuting. Juiced needs to install the tires too and not just throw them in the box.

Wow, that is a massively larger and more heavy duty looking than the already sturdy CCS rear rack.

Seemed impossible, but we pulled it off. New RipCurrent S Pre-Orders are coming off the line. These things look amazing. In one leap, we moved the design forward 2 seasons. This is already our fastest selling e-bike ever! The RipCurrent S will tear a path right to the top spot for fat tire e-bikes. Big thanks to all the people who have made this possible. Enjoy more pictures. blog post: https://www.juicedbikes.com/blogs/news/ripcurrent-s-pre-orders-rolling-off-the-line

Attachments

• RCSP1-12.jpg
    RCSP1-12.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,012
  • RCSP1-10.jpg
    RCSP1-10.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 1,754
  • RCSP1-11.jpg
    RCSP1-11.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,794
  • RCSP1-13.jpg
    RCSP1-13.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,809
  • RCSP1-14.jpg
    RCSP1-14.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 1,872
Looks good. I tried to order silver Rip but was out of stock with stock battery

Seemed impossible, but we pulled it off. New RipCurrent S Pre-Orders are coming off the line. These things look amazing. In one leap, we moved the design forward 2 seasons. This is already our fastest selling e-bike ever! The RipCurrent S will tear a path right to the top spot for fat tire e-bikes. Big thanks to all the people who have made this possible. Enjoy more pictures. blog post: https://www.juicedbikes.com/blogs/news/ripcurrent-s-pre-orders-rolling-off-the-line
I swear I saw MY black RCS in your video. There's only one, and I'm certain it's mine. Oh, I can't wait!

Attachments

• RCS-Set3-04.jpg
    RCS-Set3-04.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,033
  • RCS-Set3-09.jpg
    RCS-Set3-09.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2,069
  • RCS-Set3-08.jpg
    RCS-Set3-08.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 1,916
  • RCS-Set3-07.jpg
    RCS-Set3-07.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 1,735
  • RCS-Set3-06.jpg
    RCS-Set3-06.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 2,176
  • RCS-Set3-05.jpg
    RCS-Set3-05.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 2,040
  • RCS-Set3-03.jpg
    RCS-Set3-03.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 2,007
  • RCS-Set3-02.jpg
    RCS-Set3-02.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 1,773
I have Kenda tires on 26", 1.95" and they are among the best. I think they went braindead doing fat tires, but then so did a lot of tire makers. It's getting better but slowly...

I bought some Panaracer Fat Be Nimble, cheap, and they've been decent.

My 2 cents: I have stock Kenda 700c X 28c on my bikes and they perform quite well. No need to change 'em yet...

Tora wrote this caption at the cited blog,

"Careful attention to details, balanced with the need to deliver."

There is a lot of attention to details in a Juiced bike. Mine "says" about the factory employees, every time I look at the bike close or ride it hard, that they care. Teething pains are mostly in the past, hubs and spokes are sorted issues these days.

KWYADAWYADI

(Tora, you do!)

Factory morale under your watch must be pretty good!
Please tell the workers their work is appreciated...around the world.

Yes we designed and manufactured the case ourselves. As well as all the other parts including the downtube extrusion, nickel strips, plastic and rubber receiver parts. However we do source the 18650 Cells and Charge/Discharge ports. The pack is not found on any other e-bikes.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Thats a shame and a mistake in my opinion, made by many OEM’s. That is close to a deal killer for me. It means buyers cannot buy replacements except at inflated rates. I understand you need to make money but when replacement batteries are $700 for 12.5aH and $1000 for 17.5aH...frankly thats just to high. The good news would if the case is constructed like Reention, or Hailong it could be rebuilt. Saving the bacon for me. It is a very nice looking build. Its just hard for a DIY battery guy buying a second.

@Tora Harris Since you're labeling this the "Ultimate Fat-Tire Commuter E-Bike", I would love to see a tire option for a more street friendly ride than those Juggernauts. Something like the Vee Tire Speedster or the Origin8 Supercell.

Back