New Juiced Ripcurrent S Fat eBike

It’s a unique product and is somewhat similar to what I’m using my HF1000 to do on a daily basis. There’s a reasonable number of ebike commuters here in the SF Bay Area and hopefully more people will join the ranks of fat bike commuters.

If Tora is out there he should ditch the Kenda tires as stock equipment. It was the first thing I took off the HyperFat. Also, a chain guide, motor quick disconnect, and chain stay guard would be nice touch as well.

Yeah, I gave Tora the info about how bad the Kenda's were a year ago so he knows. Kenda's are dirt cheap and help the bottom line. I would like a good tire choice as an option. The only other thing I don't like about this bike is the 20mph throttle limit even in off-road mode. I understand this is legal but it should not apply to "off-road" mode. Other than those things, I think this is a good, solid offering for the price. It should be a good ebike.

Delivery next month seems ambitious unless there is a certain number already built and being shipped to the U.S. now or soon since it takes 3+ weeks to boat ship them from China and then you still have to re-ship them to their final destinations.

looks nice. Looks like they are taking the "non" legal lessons from the Hpyerfat and tricking it out like a CCS. Also Jazz I think you are referring to your motor but the Rip Current looksl like it has motor disconnects more inline with the CCS.

I wonder what 52v gets you? more torque? anyone know? Are the current controllers 52 v compatible?

2018-01-01_23h55_15.png

Looks like it is offering quite a bit of value. Voltage that makes the bike go faster and gives more torque off the starting line. 52V is nice, but its only offered in the largest battery. You need more voltage and HP to overcome the heavier fatter bike.

52 Volt Battery direct form Juice Bikes! :eek:
WoW!! :)
Yea, 52v is definitely cool, but then it takes the price from $1699 to $3K which is really pushing it for this bike. The added GPS and Satiator charger with the 52v battery are nice additions at this price however.

Once you get to the $3K price range, you also have other good options to throw into the mix such as the Biktrix Ultra which is a better motor than the one that comes with the RipCurrent and the Luna 500 & 100 Fusion ebikes with the BBSHD drives.

The stock offering with 13aH 48v battery for the RipCurrent at $1699 is a good deal for this bike with a torque sensor and thumb throttle.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to remove the fat tires and throw some 26x2.8” slicks on there and drop the pressure down to 20-25psi. That would make for a pretty great high speed commuter bike for the price. Especially for those of us who already have invested in the Juiced Bikes 17.4/21aH long range battery packs. One of my few complaints about the standard Cross Current frame is that it limits how wide you can go with the tires.

Honestly I'd rather see the addition of parallel batteries in a 48 than the meager improvements with 52V. That and programable sine wave controller. These days they are no that expensive. But I suppose I think more like a builder than an end user. Still I'd buy a finished bike if it mattered more to owner tuning.

The added GPS and Satiator charger with the 52v battery are nice additions at this price however.
That's a shift in attitude, nice to read! There was a sale on 72V so I grabbed a second Satiator last year. Amazing chargers. my original has hundreds of hours and flawless. No noisy fans either.

Once you get to the $3K price range, you also have other good options to throw into the mix such as the Biktrix Ultra which is a better motor than the one that comes with the RipCurrent
I think the superior support from Roshan at Biktrix is a huge plus!

Yeah, I gave Tora the info about how bad the Kenda's were a year ago so he knows. Kenda's are dirt cheap and help the bottom line. I would like a good tire choice as an option.
I have Kenda tires on 26", 1.95" and they are among the best. I think they went braindead doing fat tires, but then so did a lot of tire makers. It's getting better but slowly...

I bought some Panaracer Fat Be Nimble, cheap, and they've been decent.

Other than Biktrix and Luna, what other good options are there in the over 3K range??
You don’t mention what you want? Cruiser, fat, mountain, slower, faster.....mid, hub, front, rear, geared, direct drive.....

Other than Biktrix and Luna, what other good options are there in the over 3K range??
I’d go biktrix before the other. Direct support, unless you want a hobby. Local bike shop makes best sense for some.

You don’t mention what you want? Cruiser, fat, mountain, slower, faster.....mid, hub, front, rear, geared, direct drive.....
what I'd be looking for would be a Mountain or Fat with 1000W or better. Can be mid or rear hub drive but pretty fast as least as fast as the HyperFat. Must have a decent size battery, 20Ah or above. Concerning cost, I'm open...HyperFat was 3K (hydraulic disc brakes & 21Ah battery) so 3 to 6K would be fine. Does a good quality bike like this exists?? Thanks .

IMO I think going forward anything over 750W will be more of niche or a DYI solution as most of those bikes are not street legal which I think leads to less sales. (I could be wrong).

That being said there is the FLX bike which Court just reviewed, but read up on the forum about them. They Hyper is "sold out" and with the RC there I am not hopeful those will come back in stock.

what I'd be looking for would be a Mountain or Fat with 1000W or better. Can be mid or rear hub drive but pretty fast as least as fast as the HyperFat. Must have a decent size battery, 20Ah or above. Concerning cost, I'm open...HyperFat was 3K (hydraulic disc brakes & 21Ah battery) so 3 to 6K would be fine. Does a good quality bike like this exists?? Thanks .
If you’re willing to spend up to $6k, I’d take a serious look at Luna’s Apex. Beautiful carbon fiber, full-suspension fat bike, torque sensing Bafang Ultra motor paired with the “ludicrous” option, a 28ah battery with 21700 cells, looks pretty awesome. Fat bike blogger Karl Gesslein posted a review online.

If you’re willing to spend up to $6k, I’d take a serious look at Luna’s Apex. Beautiful carbon fiber, full-suspension fat bike, torque sensing Bafang Ultra motor paired with the “ludicrous” option, a 28ah battery with 21700 cells, looks pretty awesome. Fat bike blogger Karl Gesslein posted a review online.
Making it hardly an independent review. I never buy first model year cars. Migh5 be wise to see how it goes once there are a few out and ridden.

It’s a unique product and is somewhat similar to what I’m using my HF1000 to do on a daily basis. There’s a reasonable number of ebike commuters here in the SF Bay Area and hopefully more people will join the ranks of fat bike commuters.

If Tora is out there he should ditch the Kenda tires as stock equipment. It was the first thing I took off the HyperFat. Also, a chain guide, motor quick disconnect, and chain stay guard would be nice touch as well.
You had mentioned on a different thread that the Hyper Fat has quirky behavior at lower speeds? I was wondering if you might elaborate on that? How do you like the Hyper Fat for commuting so far?

Back