New Gazelle Medeo T9 (two!)

@steve_rolfeca, do you have a link to the German Vendor who sells the AXA plug-in chains? Thanks!
Bike24 GMBH:

Cheap at 29 Euros plus shipping.

Another 9 Euros would have upgraded it from the 140mm RLC chain to the stronger Plus version, but that doesn’t come in a combo pack with the under-seat bag.

I think the regular RLC will be enough deterrent for my neighbourhood, as I also installed Pinhead wheel and seat post locks, and carry a short U-lock as well on shopping trips.

I have this bike....Medeo T9. Is it possible to lift the handlebars so that they are more in line with my tall body? I seem to have to lean over too far and would love it if they could come up some. I suppose I could loosen the nut and pull and see what happens, but I don't really want to mess with the bike if that's not possible. Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.

I have this bike....Medeo T9. Is it possible to lift the handlebars so that they are more in line with my tall body? I seem to have to lean over too far and would love it if they could come up some. I suppose I could loosen the nut and pull and see what happens, but I don't really want to mess with the bike if that's not possible. Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.
The online Gazelle Medeo T9 manual is better than the paper one that comes with the bike. If you scroll down to about page 7, they describe adjusting both the height and angle of the handlebars.

Bike24 GMBH:

Bad news!

I mounted the bag under my seat, but didn't have a reason to use the chain until the other day. You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it wouldn't latch in my lock!

I contacted Gazelle North America, and the lock on the Medeo HMB is the AXA Block XXL, not the regular Defender. The Defender isn't wide enough for fenders and a Big Apple 2.0" balloon tire.

I should have ordered the ULC 130/5.5 chain, not the RLC. The pin is longer, to fit the wider top bracket of the lock.

To add insult to injury, COVID has affected availability- this chain is out of stock and on back order.

Gazelle NA expects to have more towards the end of the year. The supply situation must be similar in Europe, as I see that Bike24 GMBH is quoting 15 to 18 weeks delivery:

Hello biking community...I purchased a Gazelle Medeo T9 last May in Vancouver Canada from Reckless bikes. Since September I have had no end of trouble with both Reckless bikes and my Gazelle. It began with a rear flat caused by a manufacturing glitch, followed by 2 more rear flats caused by the poor workmanship of the bike technicians at Reckless bikes, and after the 4th flat, I was forced to purchase an 'upgraded' new tire for an additional $100. In total I was at Reckless bikes 4 times to fix tires.
At this same time in the fall, I began to have trouble with the left brake. Each time I went in, the guys would 'repair' it, and it would fail shortly after.
In January I filed a written formal complaint with the owner Paul Dragan, who had the bike in twice to look at before replacing the brake system entirely. He has replaced my shimano brakes with Magura brakes...I have no idea what this is. This bike has been in and out of the shop for 7 months now...mostly from poor customer service.
The bike seems to be working now, and my concern is that my warranty is up in May. I would like to find a reliable bike shop and mechanic in Vancouver..or even in British Columbia! who I can feel that I trust for my Gazelle. Any advice is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello biking community...I purchased a Gazelle Medeo T9 last May in Vancouver Canada from Reckless bikes. Since September I have had no end of trouble with both Reckless bikes and my Gazelle. It began with a rear flat caused by a manufacturing glitch, followed by 2 more rear flats caused by the poor workmanship of the bike technicians at Reckless bikes, and after the 4th flat, I was forced to purchase an 'upgraded' new tire for an additional $100. In total I was at Reckless bikes 4 times to fix tires.
At this same time in the fall, I began to have trouble with the left brake. Each time I went in, the guys would 'repair' it, and it would fail shortly after.
In January I filed a written formal complaint with the owner Paul Dragan, who had the bike in twice to look at before replacing the brake system entirely. This bike has been in and out of the shop for 7 months now...mostly from poor customer service.
The bike seems to be working now, and my concern is that my warranty is up in May. I would like to find a reliable bike shop and mechanic in Vancouver..or even in British Columbia! who I can feel that I trust for my Gazelle. Any advice is much appreciated.
This sounds very frustrating!
@Jenniferd , I belong to a Gazelle FB group, and several people on there like this ebike store on Vancouver Island, Ca. I'm not sure how convenient that is. They do sell Gazelles.

A Gazelle FB group! that sounds like something to look into. I will look at citrus, looks like they are in Ladysmith...far away but something to think about. What to do about businesses which are inept...

A Gazelle FB group! that sounds like something to look into. I will look at citrus, looks like they are in Ladysmith...far away but something to think about. What to do about businesses which are inept...
@Jenniferd I agree! It's called Gazelle Electric Bike Owners and it seems like there are at least several members from Vancouver BC. So you might get additional input. Good luck!

Very nice bikes!
I just ordered two Gazelle NL C8 HMBs last week. One for me and one for my wife.
I have been trying to figure out what bike locks and trunk bags to get.
I haven’t been able to determine what bag brands will work with the NL’s rear rack since it has the battery mounted in it and the rack tubing seems thicker than other manufacturer‘s racks. It would be nice to know if the MIK locking system that is available on Basil brand bicycle bags will work with the NL’s rack.
Can you share what brand trunk bag are on your bike in your picture?
It would also be great to get a second lock that is keyed alike to the battery and cafe lock like you have.
Thank you.
I would love to see pics when you get your new bikes.

@EdM, I, too, am leery about cutting holes in my handlebar grips.
My husband uses an inexpensive mirror that attaches to his glasses and is satisfied with that. He likes the fact that the vibration of the handlebar doesn’t interfere with the view, and that he can turn his head slightly to change the view. I might do a combination of both.
A single pannier is a great idea- and might be much easier to remove if you are running errands on your bike.
Keep us posted on what you end up with!
I cut out the end of my left grip for a bar end mirror. It was a pain in the beginning until I decided to get serious. I just couldn't see buying new grips to get a removable plug on one grip.
I have way more money than brains but very little money.

I started out thinking single bags too. I found the Ortleib Hi-Viz single bags and was ready to buy one.
For $50 more I was able to get a second pannier. The plan is to use only the one but have the second if the need arises. (not Ortleib) I bought a 45 litre set. (total volume, both bags)
CN

Back