New , Gazelle Eclipse , Class 3 , Bosch Smart System

Ordered mine in high step about 3 weeks ago! Just disappointed that was told it will be mid-May before ETA though.

Really? I was talking with our rep recently and the ETA's are way sooner than that. What color and frame size/style did you get? Gonna do RAGBRAI??

As owner of previous generation of C380+ I definitely would skip this generation. The overall changes are not that notable except migration to Bosch Smart System, with 750Wh battery as biggest benefit of it. Otherwise, the immaturity of Smart System add some limitations to this model, like no dual battery option (only 250W extender potentially available) or no Bosch Nyon display option. Somehow no Enviolo Automatiq option offered by Gazelle (while Smart System has compatibility already). And the final nail in the coffin is off-course the MSRP: $6k vs $4.75k in previous generation - there is absolutely no reason in the 25% price bump. Am I missing something here?
No you are not missing anything here. As much as my heart is n+1 for bikes, i cant justify this unless you dont have a c380+ already.

Tina from Gazelle North America here. 👋 The Verge selectively quoted our information provided. The Eclipse is the first Class 3 ebike with the Bosch Smart System edition of the Performance Line Speed platform with a step-through frame option. Too long for a headline perhaps. Think what you will of the price, but here's what's special/unique about the bike:
  • Our first step-through speed bike--this was a feat of engineering by our Dutch team to get a frame stiff and stable enough to meet our high testing standards. We have a unique double downtube design to pull this off.
  • We have our largest capacity battery yet at 750Wh but have managed to keep an active, semi-upright and most importantly comfortable geometry and not make a super long or insanely tall bike.
  • A new proprietary integrated stem/handlebar design with the Kiox 300 display built in
  • Our widest tires (60 mm), brightest headlighting, and best front suspension fork to date
  • A redesigned charge port cover design with convenient higher seat tube placement (we know everyone hates the plastic Bosch flap cover that is prone to tearing or not fitting properly)
  • On the T11+ drivetrain variant, we have our first 11 speed model with Shimano Deore XT
Hope this info is useful. Thanks for the interest in the new model
Thanks for chiming in. I find this bike to solve several of my personal complaints with my 2023 Ultimate C380. Had I predicted ergonomic issues with the twist shift, I would have opted for the T version. The other seemingly obvious fix for that would have been an Automatiq.

Curious if you could shed light on the Enviolo Automatiq decision. I really loved testing bikes with it, but notice that reliability may be an issue.
Some Vado 5.0 IGH complaints, and Tern removing it from their lineup back that up. On the other hand R&M recently started using it.

Will the Automatiq ever be offered? It seems like the perfect choice for a luxury city e-bike, and its absence really begs the question.

Don't forget to share your experience once you get it! What ebike/ebikes you have/had before?
I just got it yesterday!!! Haven’t rode it yet. I’m trying to figure out how to adjust the stem/handle bar as there are no directions on how to do so.

I’ve had a Bulls and was my first e-bike and was speed pedelec too. Then have had a custom Trek Allant 8+ S I just traded in.

Really? I was talking with our rep recently and the ETA's are way sooner than that. What color and frame size/style did you get? Gonna do RAGBRAI??
I finally got it yesterday!!! It’s a beast compared to what I had I feel like. Got a grey 55cm high step size. I would love to do RAGBRAI with it someday but feel like people frown upon e-bikes there.

I finally got it yesterday!!! It’s a beast compared to what I had I feel like. Got a grey 55cm high step size. I would love to do RAGBRAI with it someday but feel like people frown upon e-bikes there.

Hell no they don't, there's been more and more e-bikes out there which is great to see. Anytime someone rolls up on an e bike I hop on the wheel, best draft out there!!

Back