New Firmware for Turbos

The link you shared, even though in German, is interesting. When I was trying to diagnose my bike a month ago, the guy who was trying to help me these files to me (there are different firmwares for the different batteries models). But to upload this anyway you need the tool and also the BMS software, is not just the firmware. Get a Specialized dealer do it for you, safer and you can blame them if anything goes wrong =).

I have loaded a week ago on my two batteries 691wh.
20161203_111325.jpg 20161203_111216.jpg

This update is for the reset the ODO (only 691wh and 504wh)

My battery (691 Wh) is at the dealer. He tried to download the firmware, but Specialized's server was down. Hope it comes back today, but if not, my battery will be updated to 5.12 soon.

My battery (691 Wh) is at the dealer. He tried to download the firmware, but Specialized's server was down. Hope it comes back today, but if not, my battery will be updated to 5.12 soon.

Well, this was a long story, not short. When the server came back up, the LBS tried to update to 5.12 but it failed and bricked the battery. They had to get a replacement from Specialized which came in with firmware 5.10. He was finally able to update the firmware to 5.12, set the proper odometer setting, acceleration mode, etc. I got the bike back on Dec. 23. Haven't ridden it yet. My body is now down with a bad cold, but I hope I can get some winter riding in on a day which is not too cold and isn't snowy/icy. (Like today, drat!)

Well, this was a long story, not short. When the server came back up, the LBS tried to update to 5.12 but it failed and bricked the battery. They had to get a replacement from Specialized which came in with firmware 5.10. He was finally able to update the firmware to 5.12, set the proper odometer setting, acceleration mode, etc. I got the bike back on Dec. 23. Haven't ridden it yet. My body is now down with a bad cold, but I hope I can get some winter riding in on a day which is not too cold and isn't snowy/icy. (Like today, drat!)

Hope you get out there, Douglas. Keeping a guy like you off his bike just isn't right.

I recently purchased a Turbo X. With the holidays I haven't had much ride time. But I've always been amazed at how few miles I have logged. Kept my eye on the odometer today. It goes backwards. Trip appears to reach a max of 4 miles then goes to 3, then back to 4, then to zero. After todays ride of ~10 miles, my total mileage is 8 miles. Down from 10 when I started.

Is this what this issue is all about?

Firmware: The Mission Control app informs me my firmware for an SBC-B04 (562 watts) is 1.9. Quite different than what you folks are referring to. Where do I find the firmware version?

Mission Control App - Units of measure: Set to metric I get metric. Set to Imperial, I get metric. Normal? No big deal as I have homes in Europe and the USA and am used to going back and forth. But I do like to standardize on one unit of measure depending on where I am.

Last edited:
Uniball, the symptoms you describe are not the ones most of us have experienced. Also, while it initially came up in Metric, once I set it to Imperial, the Mission Control App ran in Miles, etc. I may have had to reboot though.

Doug

Thanks for the reply. Well, the bike is a blast. My phone can track my miles. Once I've logged in enough miles to discover other anomalies, there will likely be a list for the dealer. Other than initial purchase, never been to a Specialized dealer in over 30 years of riding them.

@Rafael if your bike is still under warranty don't update the firmware of the bike by yourself, because if you brick the battery, you're on your own. Let the dealer do it because you'll need not only the hardware, but also the software with the latest version of both (software+firmware). None of them are easy to get.

Thanks for the reply. This is what i am trying to do with the dealer here in Bogota, Colombia. They told me that they are looking into the problem. Meanwhile i am still riding. Great bike!

Hi gang- I'm taking my '16 Turbo X in tomorrow for them to try to diagnose/fix the backlight.

Is there some magic language to ask for to fix the odo or should I leave well enough alone (bike works well and I don't want to mess up the performance)?

Hi Roja, in my experience your odometer will reset under the following circumstances:
- firmware upgrade of the battery
- battery replacement
- firmware bug (I have no idea if this is an actual issue fixable by firmware updates).
Is recommended to keep the record of your current odometer before sending the bike to a dealer to make the upgrade (they'll probably won't dump a log of your current settings and you'll loose the value). The best is to talk to your dealer to get a new battery replacement if this happens and if your bike is still under warranty. Only with the diagnosis tool you can set back the odometer to your former value (or any value you want).

Back