New E-Bike Owner... Maybe

Rideagain

Region
USA
City
South East
Getting my first E-Bike on Friday.. Maybe. That's because a hurricane decided to land on the east coast of Florida on.... Thursday. What Luck!
I pretty much went permanently dizzy trying to decide what to get. Even made a spreadsheet. Bad huh? Because some of the reviews were so bad, incomplete, wrong or use my affiliate types just made things worse. In the end I had to throw everything out and pick one that would fit my requirements.
I decided on a Ride1Up LMT'D because of the torque sensor. I hope it meets my expectations..... at least more than I do about it making it here on Friday. I know the LMT'D has some issues, but don't they all?
I'm not going to drag race, jump mounds or run it as fast as it can go(maybe once or twice). I'll maintain it myself mostly and have a shop do things I'm not comfortable with. Shops hate it when you bring a basket full of parts and tell them you'll wait. Yea right!
I have many miles on traditional mountain and road bikes but I'm getting older and need some help getting back in shape. Love to get back on those two bikes again.
Love to ride. Don't have to wait for anyone. Just pack up and go. A good trail here and not to far. Better one about an hour away that's really good. So fun awaits.
I've learned that life is short and time to slow down and enjoy the ride rain or shine.
Thanks for listening.

Welcome to the site and the electric side of the hobby.
Even if you are in shape, winds are higher these days; at least in my state. In my face this summer 80% of the time.
Best of luck with the storm rain. Wish it would edge over here, but appears it is going to douse Virginia/Maryland again.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new ebike!
You’re going to have a blast, like being a little kid again.
Don’t forget the next step: Accessories!
Please post pics and share your adventures. 🚴🏾‍♂️🚴🏼‍♀️😄

Welcome to the site and the electric side of the hobby.
Even if you are in shape, winds are higher these days; at least in my state. In my face this summer 80% of the time.
Best of luck with the storm rain. Wish it would edge over here, but appears it is going to douse Virginia/Maryland again.
Made it through the storm ok. Thanks.
I use to ride my mountain and road bike a lot. One thing I experienced is, if there is wind, it will hit you in the face going out and coming back. Haven't figured that one out???

Congrats on your new ebike!
You’re going to have a blast, like being a little kid again.
Don’t forget the next step: Accessories!
Please post pics and share your adventures. 🚴🏾‍♂️🚴🏼‍♀️😄
Yea, I am excited to ride it. Total new adventure for me.
I plan to add a few accessories. Rear rack is priority. Phone holder also.
I don't like to add accessories until I ride it awhile and figure what I need vs what I want. Course... want wins a lot of the time!

Got my bike yesterday afternoon. Couldn't wait so I put it together.... mostly.
Problem.. front tube blew. I always use a hand pump so that's not the problem. It blew at 20psi. Never seen that before. The tube looks so thin. I'm use to thicker ones but I haven't replaced one in awhile. Things happen and not a big deal. Rear tire inflated perfectly.
Mine came with a headlight. I didn't think LMT'Ds did? Problem is I don't know where to attach it. The cable won't reach the handlebar to mount it and there are no attachment points. I wrote R1U to see if they know.
Once I get the tube replaced I'll post a pic.

EDIT: Found mounting point for front light on back of fork brace. Threads were all messed up but a quick thread chaser fixed it.
Tubes due tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back