New CC Air 1.1

I still think the extra $400 for the Cross Current S is money well spent. But it’s good to see that the Air is getting the extra power and display of the CCS.

I'm sure a lot of the extra $400 is due to the 12.8 Ah battery, standard on the CCS, vs. the 8.8 Ah on the Air. Fenders and rack, some but not so much. Batteries are not cheap, eh?

Have to say the larger battery looms larger for me than the torque sensor. Many fine bikes only have cadence sensors. I'm glad to have it, though.

The page doesn't even say the battery size anymore.

The CCS seems to be a much better buy if the battery size is bigger, but I'm guessing they still offer the Air because some people have a hard price limit. "I won't spend more than $1500." Considering the high prices of replacement batteries, and the limited number of charge cycles, you might as well just get the bike that has the lowest cost per watt, which is the CCS 19.2 aH 48V one. The price jump on the CCS for the 21V strikes me as too big, for optimal sales, but maybe it costs Juiced a lot more due to the 52V. Even at $2400, it costs more per watt than the 19.2ah CCS.

Chart below assumes 8.8aH for Air.

1519518783364.png

All of the downtube batteries will fit any Juiced bike except the ODK. Also, part of the reason that the 21 Ah battery costs more is that the Grin Technologies charger is included. The stock 2 amp charger won't charge a 52 volt battery. So that's several hundred dollars right there. Whether or not you'd want to include that in dollars per watt hours is a judgment call.

Back