New Biktrix Kutty Folder?

ghmb

Hey all,

I've been checking out folding bikes for quite a while and had a demo ride on a Rad mini step through, and liked it alot. Just checking Biktrix web site and saw the Kutty 2020 looks like a totally new design with 750W hub internal tube battery, rack, fenders and your choice of suspension or not for $1599? It looks like a huge improvement and a potential competitor in this space. Anyone seen one or had more insights?

I don't see internal tube battery. Looks like semi-integrated on the downtube, similar to non-folding Aventon Level. Abnormally thick seat tube is probably where the controller is hidden. There is a lot of competition in fat folders segment. Apples to apples, RAD Mini Step Through is a better value though doesn't look as stylish as this one.

After looking closer on the specs and the picture of the hub motor, it looks like the hub motor is 500W nominal 750W Peak, vs Rad mini 750W nominal 1000W peak, wonder what the nm rating is...

After looking closer on the specs and the picture of the hub motor, it looks like the hub motor is 500W nominal 750W Peak, vs Rad mini 750W nominal 1000W peak, wonder what the nm rating is...
I was told today by two different Biktrix persons the Kutty motor is a 750Watt Nominal with 100Wat peak

Rad Mini is not 1000watt peak, its 750watts continuous so really its just an overvolted 500watt motor.

Back