Nero Road Tires - Vee Tire 26 x 3.5

I changed out the factory 'knobbies' for some road tires. They are 26" x 3.5". They were advertised as:

• Sunlite Bicycle Baja Tire 26x3.5 Black with White Stripe Wire Bead
amazon link

They are actually Veetire. I think they are 'speedsters'. I wanted to save the factory tires for winter riding. Most of my other riding is road, paved trail and packed trail. These are capable of 30 PSI.

It was tough to get the bead to set properly and they were 'out of round'.... made for a terrible ride. After some internet searching, I used dish soap on the side wall and 40 PSI. The bead 'popped' into place. They have been great since then.

Seems like less rolling resistance and maybe a bit higher speeds/less effort. Anyways, thought I would share in case anyone else was thinking of doing something like this....

Attachments

• Nero Slicks.jpg
    Nero Slicks.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 504
Very cool, I have been looking into slick tires for my Nero as well. My number one choice is the Orgin8 Supercells, but these might be my new favorite as they seem to be about half the price.

Any chance of a side profile shot of the bike? :) I am wondering how the white stripe would look with the design of the Nero, thank you!

I ended up going with the Origin8 Supercells. They ended up going on sale and I am super happy with the outcome!
IMG_3831.jpeg

Back