Nero Accessories

I just received my Nero Premium, so it came with a lot of accessories. One thing I am considering is a suspension seat post. From the Espin website it looks to be 30.4mm

I see a lot of 27.2 mm and then I would need a shim. I am thinking about the Suntour NCX. I see it and shim for about $70 with shipping on aliexpress. I haven't ordered from this site.

What do people think about this product?

Any other thoughts on suspension seat post?

The Suntour is a popular choice, a few others I have seen members have on the forum and are pretty satisfied are the Shockstop and Thudbuster. These are top of the line suspension seat posts and I haven’t seen anyone unhappy with them.

The only caveat about these seat posts is that they do make it so your seat saddle sits a bit higher than before, so if you are a bit short or want to have your feet be planted on the ground while at stops, this may not be the answer for you.

Hitch Bike Rack

I just picked up a Saris Freedom EX. It is rated for 60 lbs per and 120 total. I am over at 68 lbs without the battery. The fat tires barely fit in the wheel wells. Saris has 'fat tire' wheel wells available (I may upgrade). This unit will work on 1 1/4" and 2" receivers. I have only 'test fit' the bike in it on the garage floor. I haven't put in on my vehicle yet...

Bar Mitts or Pogies

Ordered these off of Amazon

They are good, not great. They really kept my hands warm with only thin gloves on. However, they would activate the throttle on occasion.

Attachments

• PXL_20210109_173407980.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210109_173407980.MP.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 320
I received and installed my suntour NCX with the 30.4 mm shim. All is great. The shim fits perfectly and the suspension post add noticeable travel...I recommend....

I received and installed my suntour NCX with the 30.4 mm shim. All is great. The shim fits perfectly and the suspension post add noticeable travel...I recommend....
Hi ebikemadtown- I am looking at getting a suspension seatpost for my Espin Flow as well. Can you please explain what a Shim is? I'm not very bike savvy, but see that most of the sizes for seatposts don't match up exactly with the 30.4. I am assuming that you ordered a smaller seatpost and a part, called a Shim, that will make up the difference in the circumference. Is that correct?

Hi ebikemadtown- I am looking at getting a suspension seatpost for my Espin Flow as well. Can you please explain what a Shim is? I'm not very bike savvy, but see that most of the sizes for seatposts don't match up exactly with the 30.4. I am assuming that you ordered a smaller seatpost and a part, called a Shim, that will make up the difference in the circumference. Is that correct?
The original post has a link with pictures.....

I have circled them. The Suntour is 27.2 mm and the shim is 27.2 on the inside and 30.4 on the outside so it fits our Espin bikes.....

1612273585207.png

Back