Need replacement battery for Kalkhoff Pro Connect

PCGordon

I have a 2010 Kalkhoff pro connect sport, which I have used a great deal. The battery has lasted a lot longer than I had expected but is now starting to fail. The bike has a 250w Panasonic center drive motor that runs at ~26 volts. Replacement batteries used to be readily available but I am not having much luck finding one quickly. Also, I know that the batteries were upgraded in terms of capacity but I don't really need that capacity for my daily commute. Given the age of the bike I am a reluctant to spend the roughly $800 that the high-capacity batteries were selling for in the past. I'd appreciate suggestions about where I could get a suitable battery or whether the current battery could be re-celled.

I have a 2010 Kalkhoff pro connect sport, which I have used a great deal. The battery has lasted a lot longer than I had expected but is now starting to fail. The bike has a 250w Panasonic center drive motor that runs at ~26 volts. Replacement batteries used to be readily available but I am not having much luck finding one quickly. Also, I know that the batteries were upgraded in terms of capacity but I don't really need that capacity for my daily commute. Given the age of the bike I am a reluctant to spend the roughly $800 that the high-capacity batteries were selling for in the past. I'd appreciate suggestions about where I could get a suitable battery or whether the current battery could be re-celled.
There's a shop in Las Vegas, and a fellow on Facebook in the endless sphere group that does repairs. I spent a few minutes trying to find information on their batteries, but there's not a lot out there. My biggest worry would be having a proprietary communication system that needs to be in place to "talk" to the controller. I can't find that answer either. Spend sometime researching and reading forums to gather as much info as you can and I'll happily help you find a solution, or repair person.

Thanks very much. I'd like to try an alternative battery given the age of the bike. Within a couple of years I'm likely to get a new bike but the available options seem to keep on getting better and other than the battery issue my Kalkhoff serves my needs.

Amazon lists a number of relatively cheap 24v ebike batteries and I see that the second pedelecs entry that you copied gives the necessary information on electrical connections. I am pretty sure that I can figure out a way to mount the battery on the bike but I am concerned about waterproofing and making connections that won't shake loose. Is there any way that a pre-made battery back (one that doesn't require that I do spot welding between cells) might fit inside the case for the current battery? For example, this web site lists what they call "naked" battery backs like this one here (https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/lithium-batteries).

In terms of having the current pack re-celled, the forum entries on this site made the process seem time consuming, a bit uncertain and likely close to as expensive as a new battery pack if I could find one. I'm not sure if that is an accurate evaluation on my part.

Thanks again.

Th
Thanks very much. I'd like to try an alternative battery given the age of the bike. Within a couple of years I'm likely to get a new bike but the available options seem to keep on getting better and other than the battery issue my Kalkhoff serves my needs.

Amazon lists a number of relatively cheap 24v ebike batteries and I see that the second pedelecs entry that you copied gives the necessary information on electrical connections. I am pretty sure that I can figure out a way to mount the battery on the bike but I am concerned about waterproofing and making connections that won't shake loose. Is there any way that a pre-made battery back (one that doesn't require that I do spot welding between cells) might fit inside the case for the current battery? For example, this web site lists what they call "naked" battery backs like this one here (https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/lithium-batteries).

In terms of having the current pack re-celled, the forum entries on this site made the process seem time consuming, a bit uncertain and likely close to as expensive as a new battery pack if I could find one. I'm not sure if that is an accurate evaluation on my part.

Thanks again.
This fellow should be pretty reasonable. https://www.hicbattery.com/Battery-Rebuild-Services_ep_41.html
You may be able to find a pack to fit but I'm afraid there might be some pitfalls and problems that would arise. You could use a soft pack battery in a nylon case in place, but I'd consider going the rebuild route. It's really not a very big pack maybe 7S/3-4P 21-28 cells. And with newer 3000-3500maH cells you'd gain aH and range. Careful if you decide to buy a soft pack and adapt. Make sure the reseller has been checked out. I can reference one to be trusted, but again, Call Hi C first!

Would it be this battery?

It says ‘enquire for US delivery’. Might be worth a shot.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
That is a higher capacity version of the battery that I have now. I'd need to make sure that it fits the bike and I have seen some sites that discuss the issue. Shipping to the US may be tricky, since I expect that they would not want to send it by plane.

I will also give the Hi C battery folks a call on Monday to hear what they have to say.

Would it be this battery?

It says ‘enquire for US delivery’. Might be worth a shot.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Fit, since the battery listed is double sized, and I've never found a UK seller to ship to the USA.

Back