Need paint color match for Trek Rage Red

rleonard

Hi! I have a new Allant+ 8S in Rage Red and I love it. Got a rock chip and the LBS said to use nail polish for the touch up. Anyone have a Rage Red bike and have found a good match. Really don't want to mess this up. Thanks in advance!

I found one that is close but I wanted to see if anyone has found a good match. I bought a Limited Addiction Red color by duplicolor. I hope it matches!
Has there been any result with paint matching? A friend and I both have the deep red. His got scratched today.

Has there been any result with paint matching? A friend and I both have the deep red. His got scratched today.
What I do is take a bike to the beauty store. They have hundreds of colors of nail polish. Sometimes to make something like Bianci teal I need to mix two or three colors from the bargain bin. Some disposable kid's water color brushes come in handy. You can mix on or in a zip lock baggie.

If you can't find a match among the available nail polishes and car touch-up paints, go to a hobby shop and pick up some model enamel.

I bought a used pick-up truck when I was in high school and it had several on the sides and tailgate. I couldn't find any automotive paint that matched the light blue color so I bought a bottle of blue Testors brand model paint along with a bottle of white and a bottle of thinner. I poured out the thinner and mixed blue and white in the empty thinner bottle until I achieved a really close match. If you need a metallic paint, then buy a color that is too dark and use silver or silver and white to lighten it.

If you can't find a match among the available nail polishes and car touch-up paints, go to a hobby shop and pick up some model enamel.

I bought a used pick-up truck when I was in high school and it had several on the sides and tailgate. I couldn't find any automotive paint that matched the light blue color so I bought a bottle of blue Testors brand model paint along with a bottle of white and a bottle of thinner. I poured out the thinner and mixed blue and white in the empty thinner bottle until I achieved a really close match. If you need a metallic paint, then buy a color that is too dark and use silver or silver and white to lighten it.
I use nail polish for our Allant+7. Haven’t looked yet for the Rail’s Grey Olive color.
6B2C1BA7-F984-4C08-ABB1-D2FEA2D58112.jpeg

You guys have a lot more experience than me, but I know if you have a picture or sample of the color you need, sometimes home depot can color match the paint. I don't know if they would have car-type or bike-type paint though.

A good body shop can do a custom color. But it’s expensive.
You guys have a lot more experience than me, but I know if you have a picture or sample of the color you need, sometimes home depot can color match the paint. I don't know if they would have car-type or bike-type paint though.
nope.

Back