Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

I went for a refund this morning. This whole experience is getting on top of me so I had to get out, but I wish everyone else a great time with their bikes.
Ahhh, really sorry to hear that mate. Hope you manage to find something. I've checked those other bikes out, seem great but for me, I can't sway from NewGen, love the design too much and if all failed I would go with Super73 because again it's that style that I love.

How were they with that?
Sounded disappointed, but, what can you do? Even on the phone, I think they said the frames could be this week or next week. Even when confirming a refund, I'm still talking about delays.

As for other bikes, watch this space. Maybe I'll have a nap.

Ahhh, really sorry to hear that mate. Hope you manage to find something. I've checked those other bikes out, seem great but for me, I can't sway from NewGen, love the design too much and if all failed I would go with Super73 because again it's that style that I love.
The NewGen design is great, but consider:
  • The Knaap can hold more weight
  • Is lighter
  • Has more range
  • Has an active social media
  • Celebrities ride them (this is a plus and minus, since S73 do the same and apparently ignore their customer service)
  • There's also the Ribble which has brick and mortar shops
  • Ribble also have solid reviews across the board
  • There's the Zooz which is incredibly light
In short, there's a few other options, and I'm just not comfortable sticking around for this company when other products seem like a better choice (for me, anyway). Personally, I wouldn't even consider a Super73, but the Knaap is a real contender. Sure, it's uglier than the NewGen, but the fact it can do almost double the range and hold two people? Game changing.

• Is lighter
  • Has more range
  • Celebrities ride them (this is a plus and minus, since S73 do the same and apparently ignore their customer service)
In short, there's a few other options, and I'm just not comfortable sticking around for this company when other products seem like a better choice (for me, anyway). Personally, I wouldn't even consider a Super73, but the Knaap is a real contender. Sure, it's uglier than the NewGen, but the fact it can do almost double the range and hold two people? Game changing.
Fully understand where you're coming from, I have considered all these things but I just don't like the Knaaps unfortunately, I also don't like that the ones I looked at didn't have suspension. I don't need the bike to hold much weight and my commute is only 7 miles total each day so the range doesn't bother me too much, NewGen sells separate battery's if that ever becomes an issue though.

Hope you find something though mate, when you do please update us, would be nice to know what you went with. I'll update everyone when I eventually receive my NewGen.

• Is lighter
  • Has more range
The Super Monkey looks good too.

Fully understand where you're coming from, I have considered all these things but I just don't like the Knaaps unfortunately, I also don't like that the ones I looked at didn't have suspension. I don't need the bike to hold much weight and my commute is only 7 miles total each day so the range doesn't bother me too much, NewGen sells separate battery's if that ever becomes an issue though.

Hope you find something though mate, when you do please update us, would be nice to know what you went with. I'll update everyone when I eventually receive my NewGen.
I’m going to hang in there until the end of the month mate, I’ve had time off from work, plus summer months hoping to get out on the NewGen… it’s still my preference and having ridden it, they’re not making it easy though.

I’m going to hang in there until the end of the month mate, I’ve had time off from work, plus summer months hoping to get out on the NewGen… it’s still my preference and having ridden it, they’re not making it easy though.
I think that's what it is for me too, I travelled from Liverpool to London to ride both 250w and 750w bikes and I couldn't fault it, took my time looking it over, checking the build quality and talking to Marie about what she wants for the future of NewGen etc.. I've had a go on my mates S73 ZX and don't get me wrong it's awesome, just didn't seem to hold up to the build quality of the 345s. Fingers crossed our patience is rewarded mate.

The Super Monkey looks good too.
It doesn't look that great to me, I think NewGen has them beat on design.

As I said, you know, NewGen looks the best. It's a very beautiful bike. But it's not in my hands, and I don't know when it will be for sure. That's the kicker.

I've decided to go for a Knaap, if anyone was curious.

Welcome - Super73?
Literally just spoke with Fully Charged who said:

"Hello,
The next availability of ZX is going to be at the end of October. Its a £300 deposit and we have both colours available.
Many thanks"

Can't catch a break, I'll have my NewGen by then.

Literally just spoke with Fully Charged who said:

"Hello,
The next availability of ZX is going to be at the end of October. Its a £300 deposit and we have both colours available.
Many thanks"

Can't catch a break, I'll have my NewGen by then.
Ride and Glide have them in Moon Rock colour.

Newgen have finally received the bike frames and they have been assembling them over the weekend and will be continuing over the next 2 weeks sending bikes out as and when they are built, obviously the first batch will be going out to the people who ordered first but good news finally for those who haven't already received a refund.

Newgen have finally received the bike frames and they have been assembling them over the weekend and will be continuing over the next 2 weeks sending bikes out as and when they are built, obviously the first batch will be going out to the people who ordered first but good news finally for those who haven't already received a refund.
That's great news! I know I got a refund, but I do genuinely hope Newgen fulfill your expectations and you're happy with your bike. My Knaap arrived today so I'll assemble that this afternoon.

That’s good news… did they email you this news? And thanks for posting this

That's great news! I know I got a refund, but I do genuinely hope Newgen fulfill your expectations and you're happy with your bike. My Knaap arrived today so I'll assemble that this afternoon.
Ahh nice man, enjoy the Knaap.

Back