Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Hey - so I ordered the bike at the start of September (despite the lack of reviews) and after speaking with them, I’ll be receiving it at the end of September / start of October.

I saw somewhere that you can turn off the restriction setting in the little menu, but would be good to have that clarified.
You got in at the right time. I ordered back in April!

Oldboy. You can download the manual from the Newgen website. I'm assuming a printed manual will come with the bike. Now it seems that the warranty is nullified by any "modifications" made to the bike. Which includes ADDING A THROTTLE!!! Surely adding a throttle provided by the seller, as an accessory to the bike it was specifically designed for can't be grounds to void a warranty???!
The main thing is product liability. If you knock down a little old lady having a sudden seizure in her walker with a throttle attached, they can't get blamed. The want it both ways, while maintaining a way off the hook if it comes to passing blame. It is silly that a water bottle cage is a Modification, but all bike companies have that stipulation regarding 'modifications.' Even the ones that sell their own branded cages and the bikes come with cage mounts!
Here is an extra-small ladies bike that does 39Kph with a mid-drive torque sensor that I made yesterday. No throttle needed. The top tube cage idea had to go. Turns out it was exactly in the wrong spot yet didn't vibrate.

Attachments

• 40cMTB1.JPG
    40cMTB1.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 40cMTB2.JPG
    40cMTB2.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 112
I don’t blame you at all - this was via email. I said I was looking forward to receiving my bike at the end of the month and asking if everything was still on track. That’s when they hit me with it.

They said it would be the second half of October, which really means the end of October, which is super disappointing, hence looking at the Super73 ZX (which looks good from a power perspective). I know they had issues with the ZG but none from the ZX (I’ll take a look at Reddit too). But it just seems as though the small company restrictions have caught up with them. No social presence, 1 video review (sketchy), delays on delays, no roadmap of additional products unlike S73 with panniers, seat extenders, no app to make it more powerful - it just feels as though NewGen are 4-5 years behind these guys. It might sound petty, but for the price you’re paying - they better have their business straight, and it all seems a bit… wobbly.
Confidence in the business isn’t high, that’s for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the ETA turned out to be Christmas.

I ordered on April 7th exactly. I've been told again and again, "it'll come next month," or, "just two/three weeks". I don't want to scare you, but, I've been hearing this for months.

Now to be fair, there's also a HGV driver shortage. I totally get that. I also understand that there's been a spike in ebike sales and people wanting their frames made. All that is understandable.

What I don't like is how you've been told some information that I haven't, even though we're both paying customers. It's just delay after delay and I'm honestly done. I just can't be bothered to wait anymore. They really are taking the Michael.
I don’t Blame you at all…. Think you might have made my mind up for me too!

I don’t Blame you at all…. Think you might have made my mind up for me too!
You may have noticed I deleted a couple of posts here. I'll tell you why:

I just called Newgen and had a talk with someone on the other end. According to them, the frames are being sent out tomorrow (the 24th of September) and they'll be arriving next week. From there, it's assembly, and from there, it's a case of next day shipping.

I asked about your order, @Warrilow2017, and they said that for you to get yours at the end of October is normal, since you ordered relatively recently and these bikes are being made and sent in priority, so I'm before you because I paid for mine months before you. I think it's fair to say that we both were under the impression that _all_ orders were delayed (which wouldn't be a stretch, given that they've been delayed before).

After calming down, talking to Newgen, I'm feeling better. I do think it's annoying how I've had to wait, and I will say that the dead social media still worries me, alongside the delays and lack of emails, but I'm still willing to give them a chance. Looking through other ebikes online, there's really nothing like what they're doing for the same price that has the same quality and the same customer service.

It's just, you know, Brexit, COVID and all that sort of thing. But I do think they could've given more updates. That's my gripe.

Right, I suppose I'm sat waiting until the start of October.

I’m not prepared to wait as we edge into
You may have noticed I deleted a couple of posts here. I'll tell you why:

I just called Newgen and had a talk with someone on the other end. According to them, the frames are being sent out tomorrow (the 24th of September) and they'll be arriving next week. From there, it's assembly, and from there, it's a case of next day shipping.

I asked about your order, @Warrilow2017, and they said that for you to get yours at the end of October is normal, since you ordered relatively recently and these bikes are being made and sent in priority, so I'm before you because I paid for mine months before you. I think it's fair to say that we both were under the impression that _all_ orders were delayed (which wouldn't be a stretch, given that they've been delayed before).

After calming down, talking to Newgen, I'm feeling better. I do think it's annoying how I've had to wait, and I will say that the dead social media still worries me, alongside the delays and lack of emails, but I'm still willing to give them a chance. Looking through other ebikes online, there's really nothing like what they're doing for the same price that has the same quality and the same customer service.

It's just, you know, Brexit, COVID and all that sort of thing. But I do think they could've given more updates. That's my gripe.

Right, I suppose I'm sat waiting until the start of October.
You’re right - I did order fairly recently but I have plans for the bike including a family trip, which I can’t wait on. I also didn’t like the roadmap of the product - since I would like to use it for taking my daughter to school / cargo area is a must. This irked me at the time, but I didn’t think much of it.

I am also surprised that they talked to you about my order - but the fact they confirmed the end of October to you, but said the middle of October to me - means that they’re not being truthful (or maybe they just don’t know).

I agree with you - you should receive your bike before mine, but after rethinking it, I believe I’ve made the right choice for me. More power, more accessories, better support, generation 4 (I think) of the s73.

I hope you enjoy it and you actually get what you’ve paid for, at a time they agreed. History doesn’t seem to be kind on that front.

I’m not prepared to wait as we edge into

You’re right - I did order fairly recently but I have plans for the bike including a family trip, which I can’t wait on. I also didn’t like the roadmap of the product - since I would like to use it for taking my daughter to school / cargo area is a must. This irked me at the time, but I didn’t think much of it.

I am also surprised that they talked to you about my order - but the fact they confirmed the end of October to you, but said the middle of October to me - means that they’re not being truthful (or maybe they just don’t know).

I agree with you - you should receive your bike before mine, but after rethinking it, I believe I’ve made the right choice for me. More power, more accessories, better support, generation 4 (I think) of the s73.

I hope you enjoy it and you actually get what you’ve paid for, at a time they agreed. History doesn’t seem to be kind on that front.
Hey man,

I ordered my bike back in May, been through all the same stuff, constant delays but the customer service is spot on, I get regular calls and updates from Marie the co-founder, she is always upfront and honest about the issues they are experiencing with supply. Regarding the S73 ZX I would genuinely advise you to hold off, a friend has had one for around 6 weeks now and has had nothing but issues with it, from the display breaking to the battery falling out. He has had a replacement battery but his bike was out of action for 2 weeks while he waited. The customer service he has experienced isn't great at all and a quick google search on zx issues and customer service complaints will show you just how bad it is at the minute. You're also paying for an inferior product, apart from the speed which I will be honest is the reason I considered cancelling my order and getting a zx as well, it just isn't as good as the newgen. Having ridden both I can comfortably say the newgen is a better built and more sturdy bike.

Fully understand the concern over lack of social media presence but the NewGen team is still fairly small and they have been unable to get bikes to send to influencers etc because they are waiting on a backlog of orders for paying customers. S73 has a massive investment which allowed them to create a large social media presence but I think once the ball is rolling for NewGen they will really take off.

Hey man,

I ordered my bike back in May, been through all the same stuff, constant delays but the customer service is spot on, I get regular calls and updates from Marie the co-founder, she is always upfront and honest about the issues they are experiencing with supply. Regarding the S73 ZX I would genuinely advise you to hold off, a friend has had one for around 6 weeks now and has had nothing but issues with it, from the display breaking to the battery falling out. He has had a replacement battery but his bike was out of action for 2 weeks while he waited. The customer service he has experienced isn't great at all and a quick google search on zx issues and customer service complaints will show you just how bad it is at the minute. You're also paying for an inferior product, apart from the speed which I will be honest is the reason I considered cancelling my order and getting a zx as well, it just isn't as good as the newgen. Having ridden both I can comfortably say the newgen is a better built and more sturdy bike.

Fully understand the concern over lack of social media presence but the NewGen team is still fairly small and they have been unable to get bikes to send to influencers etc because they are waiting on a backlog of orders for paying customers. S73 has a massive investment which allowed them to create a large social media presence but I think once the ball is rolling for NewGen they will really take off.
I just want to piggyback off this and say that Super73 really don't have a good name when it comes to customer service. The fact I was able to call Newgen and speak to a human being about all these issues and be calmed down in a genuine and authentic way is enough for me to keep my order with Newgen. I know that if I have a problem, I can just call them. It's as simple as that.

I haven't ridden either bike yet, but I trust what Hummo is saying about build quality.

Hello Guys,

I have been looking at this bike: https://www.newgenbikes.com/product-page/the-345
and I was wondering if you could help me with your experience and give me advice an though about the specification of the bike.

I am desperetly looking for advice considering that this is a young company and product and that there is not a lot of review available online.
I was looking for a stylish city ride kind of ebike that I can use to go on ride around london over the weekend.
I was looking for bikes such as Super73 products https://eu.super73.com/collections/all-products

What I like about the bike is that the sit is much higher compared to other products in the same range. the battery look alright for what I want to do with it and it is a stylish product like the one I was lookking at.

Thanks
Simon
If either preference were U.S. specs I´d say go for it, but Uk regs. are too wimpy for a basically scooter bike.
Since watts are limited, I´d go for a light weight midrive. something a bicycle first & ebike 2nd.

So, Newgen were supposed to get their frames delivered today but I haven't heard anything. This could be the week some of us get our bikes, so it's all very exciting. Has anyone been in touch with them?

Hi, so our experience is that we went to London to test drive the 250 & 750 bikes, there was no hard sell & they were generous with the time we were given on the bike. All questions were answered & it was a positive experience.
We paid for 2 bikes on July 15th for an August delivery..so an outlay of 5k essentially..add on things like gloves, lock etc it’s near a 6k layout.

The first we heard of a delay in delivering the bikes was through here, at no point were we contacted about a delay from NewGen.
We have emailed them, where their responses mirror what you guys have said essentially.
I too have bemoaned the lack of social media absence, but as my girlfriend said, this would probably lead to more heat on them..questions and negativity.
The way our email reply read, I’m thinking late October at best. We also enquired awhile back about compatible fenders..they said they would have some of their own in September, this hasn’t materialised. I’m loathe to bale out.. but patience is running a bit thin, I know there has been big troubles in the bike industry too, let alone anything else.

It is also advertised on their site, that buy now for a September delivery, which is misleading..I looked at Super73 but have seen as others have mentioned, issues. The RadRhino may be a suitable alternative, most American models which look great, especially the Ariel Rider, most don’t appear to ship abroad, then add on if things went wrong.

Hey Littleze, I'm contacting them shortly over the frames, I ordered back in May so I'm hopeful of delivery this/next week but not keeping my hopes too high. I'll let you know what they say when I get in touch.

Hey Littleze, I'm contacting them shortly over the frames, I ordered back in May so I'm hopeful of delivery this/next week but not keeping my hopes too high. I'll let you know what they say when I get in touch.
Ah ok, good luck and thanks for that. 👍🏻

Hi, so our experience is that we went to London to test drive the 250 & 750 bikes, there was no hard sell & they were generous with the time we were given on the bike. All questions were answered & it was a positive experience.
We paid for 2 bikes on July 15th for an August delivery..so an outlay of 5k essentially..add on things like gloves, lock etc it’s near a 6k layout.

The first we heard of a delay in delivering the bikes was through here, at no point were we contacted about a delay from NewGen.
We have emailed them, where their responses mirror what you guys have said essentially.
I too have bemoaned the lack of social media absence, but as my girlfriend said, this would probably lead to more heat on them..questions and negativity.
The way our email reply read, I’m thinking late October at best. We also enquired awhile back about compatible fenders..they said they would have some of their own in September, this hasn’t materialised. I’m loathe to bale out.. but patience is running a bit thin, I know there has been big troubles in the bike industry too, let alone anything else.
'at no point were we contacted about a delay from NewGen.' - That's grim.
'this would probably lead to more heat on them..questions and negativity.' - That's a great point.
'I’m thinking late October at best.' - Probably not wrong, but you have to remember that those who ordered earlier get theirs first. I ordered in April, so, logically I'd get mine before yours and then everyone between April and July. It could be October.
'they said they would have some of their own in September, this hasn’t materialised' - Remember, supply chain issues are rampant right now.

All in all, it's a terrible situation, but we haven't had concrete evidence there's going to be a delay, and waiting until the end of October isn't so bad IF! (and it's a big IF) they're sending bikes out soon.

Any update? I was thinking of calling myself, but I don't want to stress people out.

Back