Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

I also have the forgeddaboutit (if that’s how you spell it) chain / lock. It’s a proper heavy, so forgetting about it, frankly, is not likely. I also have a gold standard u lock for quick stops.

Mirrors… Personal choice I reckon - although my seated position is quite high so I’d be inclined to go above

if you read through the forum, I’d also recommend some tyre liners. I got ‘mr tuffy’ branded by chance off eBay. There were expensive but give some peace of mind when off piste. The tyres do not come off easily though…. You need 4 steel reinforced nylon levers if your tyres are anything like mine
Thanks, yes I’ve ploughed through the forum, lots of good, solid advice.. plus general bike security on YT. Yes, need to get liners..and levers! I saw those tread tyres too, a must get as well? We are likely to use over Heath ground a fair bit.

Thanks, yes I’ve ploughed through the forum, lots of good, solid advice.. plus general bike security on YT. Yes, need to get liners..and levers! I saw those tread tyres too, a must get as well? We are likely to use over Heath ground a fair bit.
I’ve gone back to light off road, so dirt tracks mostly on the flat. Power drops out I find on a steady incline anyway and the tyres took a couple of mph off on the flat. I put the originals back on.

just starting to get the brute doing wheelies. Quite tricky, but it reminds me of my old grifter, front heavy but a balance point a mile wide

I’ve gone back to light off road, so dirt tracks mostly on the flat. Power drops out I find on a steady incline anyway and the tyres took a couple of mph off on the flat. I put the originals back on.

just starting to get the brute doing wheelies. Quite tricky, but it reminds me of my old grifter, front heavy but a balance point a mile wide
Love it, I had a Grifter, was never off it… I sense I won’t be off this. 😊

Welcome to the club buddy. Did you go for the 250 or the 750? Was there much difference?

For the others, I decided on a front light upgrade. Not got the attached wired or owt yet, but this is how it will look…

I’m also considering a brown leather seat and matching grips
Oh Wow! That looks great :)

Two 750w bikes, a delicate decision for the obvious reasons, we felt there was a difference, but would have bought if 250w was the only option.
A couple of questions, if you can or anyone else can help out.
I’m thinking a kryptonite chain, to lock our 2 up in our bike shed.

Mirrors, below or above handle bars? is there a particular size or is it a fits all situation?
I bought the biggest baddest Kryptonite available which I would think would be long enough to secure two bikes. Call me if you want to check it out Littleze :)

I bought the biggest baddest Kryptonite available which I would think would be long enough to secure two bikes. Call me if you want to check it out Littleze :)
Cheers M, yes, think that would secure two from what I’ve seen, awaiting our shed to be cleared, so holding back on a purchase until I see what space we have. Itching for the bikes.. 😊 Any news on a price for a bag & cargo pants ? 😊

Light attached, cable is in the mail. Hadn’t noticed that the julet 2 pin cable is male at either end of the new light and existing cable, so had to get a female-female

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 190
I always thought the original looked like it should be on a different bike.

Once I’ve tested the light I’ll post all the bits I bought to do it. The front light now only has a single led vs 6, so may not be up to much. If not, I’ll scavenge the original and adapt the light to fit it

a dremel and a glue gun. What could go wrong…

I always thought the original looked like it should be on a different bike.

Once I’ve tested the light I’ll post all the bits I bought to do it. The front light now only has a single led vs 6, so may not be up to much. If not, I’ll scavenge the original and adapt the light to fit it

a dremel and a glue gun. What could go wrong

Plenty it seems.

The single led light I bought didn’t work. Adapting the original light meant I had to snip cables. I ran out of glue sticks. I had to learn how to solder. Handlebar clamps I bought off that eBay were the wrong size. The original julet cable wasn’t long enough.

Circumstances just plain conspired against me. But here it is. Mission completed.

Also attached a picture of the leftover bits from the original light

Next, I’m thinking about some seat springs to fake rear suspension. Hope I don’t trap anything important if I get that working.

Attachments

• EA6BEE56-DCCD-45F7-A93B-F704E14F6033.jpeg
    EA6BEE56-DCCD-45F7-A93B-F704E14F6033.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 5EB555ED-A7E3-457E-B082-F43C56D2A155.jpeg
    5EB555ED-A7E3-457E-B082-F43C56D2A155.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
The single led light I bought didn’t work. Adapting the original light meant I had to snip cables. I ran out of glue sticks. I had to learn how to solder. Handlebar clamps I bought off that eBay were the wrong size. The original julet cable wasn’t long enough.

Circumstances just plain conspired against me. But here it is. Mission completed.

Also attached a picture of the leftover bits from the original light

Next, I’m thinking about some seat springs to fake rear suspension. Hope I don’t trap anything important if I get that working.
Looks really cool mate :)

Hey gang,

I just wanted to give you all a little update: I had a call back in June (I think?) from Newgen saying that the bike wouldn't be ready until August. I got another call this week saying that now the 345 won't be coming until September. Mid-September is what they're saying. The reason is because of something to do with the frames and Brexit is really ruining the shipping systems. I've been assured that their warehouse is full and everything else is in place, they're just waiting for one piece of the puzzle, as it were.

Kinda bummed, but hey, you can't really rush these things. If it can't be shipped, it can't be shipped. Newgen can't do much; their hands are tied. I was just writing this because some others might be in the same boat, or some people might be in the dark about what the company is doing now. It's just disappointing, because, you know, we're months down the line and I'm a little worried about winter weather. You can't ride these bikes in the rain, right?

Hey gang,

I just wanted to give you all a little update: I had a call back in June (I think?) from Newgen saying that the bike wouldn't be ready until August. I got another call this week saying that now the 345 won't be coming until September. Mid-September is what they're saying. The reason is because of something to do with the frames and Brexit is really ruining the shipping systems. I've been assured that their warehouse is full and everything else is in place, they're just waiting for one piece of the puzzle, as it were.

Kinda bummed, but hey, you can't really rush these things. If it can't be shipped, it can't be shipped. Newgen can't do much; their hands are tied. I was just writing this because some others might be in the same boat, or some people might be in the dark about what the company is doing now. It's just disappointing, because, you know, we're months down the line and I'm a little worried about winter weather. You can't ride these bikes in the rain, right?
That’s a shame RD :( i feel your pain and all other new riders. I have ridden mine in the rain and have no worries so I wouldn’t be too worried about that. I wouldn’t ride through a stream or ford for fear of engulfing the motor or pedal sensor thing but rain hasn’t been a problem. Hang in there mate

That’s a shame RD :( i feel your pain and all other new riders. I have ridden mine in the rain and have no worries so I wouldn’t be too worried about that. I wouldn’t ride through a stream or ford for fear of engulfing the motor or pedal sensor thing but rain hasn’t been a problem. Hang in there mate
It's quite surprising that you've ridden it in the rain. I would be worried sick about water getting into the electronics!

Hi All - should be taking delivery of my NewGen in 10 days or so and looking at the power output. ive managed to get a 250w on the bike to work scheme (win) but was disappointed that i could only get the 250W version, which feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts, since the 750W is only £100 more.

The question is, does anyone know about unrestricting the bike, or is the W controlled by the motor in the rear hub, thus - im only ever going to get 250w out of it?

Hi All - should be taking delivery of my NewGen in 10 days or so and looking at the power output. ive managed to get a 250w on the bike to work scheme (win) but was disappointed that i could only get the 250W version, which feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts, since the 750W is only £100 more.

The question is, does anyone know about unrestricting the bike, or is the W controlled by the motor in the rear hub, thus - im only ever going to get 250w out of it?
Hey Warriolow,

I'm just wondering where you got the 10 days from. I called NewGen just last week and had a long chat with them. They said supply chain issues are rampant and that the frames are the last thing they need but they HAVE been tested and are in the process of getting painted. They said to me that it'd be the end of September for delivery, with the frames due this week and then postage the week after. I'm almost tempted to call again and ask what the situation is because I'm itching to ride before the weather gets bad.

As far as I know about 250W and 750W, they're entirely different motors and once more, if you're found riding a 750W, you're in a spot of bother because it's illegal to ride them on the streets. You can, however, ride them on private land. In my mind, it's not worth getting a 750W just so you can go a little bit faster. In my city, at least, they're really clamping down on escooters and ebikes and people who own and ride them, so it's not impossible for a policeman to stop and have a look!

Hey - so I ordered the bike at the start of September (despite the lack of reviews) and after speaking with them, I’ll be receiving it at the end of September / start of October.

I saw somewhere that you can turn off the restriction setting in the little menu, but would be good to have that clarified.

Back