Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

In other news my Super73 ZX comes on Friday! I’ve ordered a number of accessories and look forward to riding it. The ZX is apparently pretty good. Fingers crossed!

Did they/have they refunded you on your cancelled order?
Yep - all refunded, no issue at all. They seem like genuine people, but hampered by supply issues. Comms could be better of course - something I don’t think should be an excuse in today’s world of electronic Mail.

Yep - all refunded, no issue at all. They seem like genuine people, but hampered by supply issues. Comms could be better of course - something I don’t think should be an excuse in today’s world of electronic Mail.
Did you hear any more about delivery or anything about when yours would have been with you?

Did you hear any more about delivery or anything about when yours would have been with you?
Nope - I just said I’d decided to go with another bike, they then asked me who it was, so I told them. I wasn’t really interested in finding out what would happen to my bike - but they didn’t seem to make me any offers to stay.

Nope - I just said I’d decided to go with another bike, they then asked me who it was, so I told them. I wasn’t really interested in finding out what would happen to my bike - but they didn’t seem to make me any offers to stay.
I find that really interesting. I would've thought they would say something like, 'we're getting the frames this week, yours is coming soon' or something like that. Hmm.

Hey guys, got a reply from NewGen, bike frames are currently in transit and they are expecting them end of the week with assembly beginning over the weekend.

Hey guys, got a reply from NewGen, bike frames are currently in transit and they are expecting them end of the week with assembly beginning over the weekend.
Hm. It's disappointing that it won't be this week, but at least it's not another delay for another two weeks or a month!

That’s good, let’s hope they arrive, thanks mate.

I just hope they don't rush construction. I'd rather it came later but put together better than rushed and early, if that makes sense.

I just hope they don't rush construction. I'd rather it came later but put together better than rushed and early, if that makes sense.
100%, I don't think they're going to want the bikes returning to them because they're already off to a rocky start with all this delivery chaos. Fingers crossed mate.

Have any of you guys considered going for a Ribble bike? They aren't like the S73 or the Newgen in looks, but some of them have some solid reviews. It's a bit more sensible, but a worthy alternative, especially given that the range of them is 60 miles.

I was having a look on their website and the earliest I could get one is January 2022. I'm not saying I'm bailing out on Newgen just yet, but discovering a well reviewed, same price, name brand with a brick and mortar shop... It's got my eye wandering... If Newgen don't deliver next week, I'm cutting my loses.

Edit: Knaap caught my eye a while ago and they're back on the table again, especially since they're ready to buy right now. Anyone heard anything good or bad about Knaap or Ribble?

Last edited:
Have any of you guys considered going for a Ribble bike? They aren't like the S73 or the Newgen in looks, but some of them have some solid reviews. It's a bit more sensible, but a worthy alternative, especially given that the range of them is 60 miles.

I was having a look on their website and the earliest I could get one is January 2022. I'm not saying I'm bailing out on Newgen just yet, but discovering a well reviewed, same price, name brand with a brick and mortar shop... It's got my eye wandering... If Newgen don't deliver next week, I'm cutting my loses.

Edit: Knaap caught my eye a while ago and they're back on the table again, especially since they're ready to buy right now. Anyone heard anything good or bad about Knaap or Ribble?
Not looked at Ribble, I have looked at Knaap, similar look and appears a solid brand/bike, maybe look at Zooz ebike, looks cool.. and Lil Buddy… I still think NewGen is a great bike, just a young company and possibly a 2nd hustle for Laurie & Marie… I’ll hang in there until the end of October and review then if not received, I want them to succeed, they are just a newish company in its infancy.

I went for a refund this morning. This whole experience is getting on top of me so I had to get out, but I wish everyone else a great time with their bikes.

Back