Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Another self fix on the brake... šŸ˜ Unconnected cabling requiring some front end recabling work and general cable tidy up. Pleased with the results...
image.jpg

Hi folks, sadly I just got a puncture on my 345 and have been looking for inner tubes and just canā€™t find any. Does anyone have any advise on where to go?

Hi, have you tried amazon? I just did a quick search and spotted this...

MARTES CST Mountain Bike Tire Tyre Liner Inner Tube 20 X 4" Schrader Valve (Pack of 2) Suitable For š— š—”š—„š—§š—˜š—¦(š—¦š—–) Fat Tire Electric Bike

Thanks for that OldBoy :) I had looked there but didnā€™t see them before. In my mad panic I did find some through Urban Drivestyle in Germany in the end and ordered them. I also wrote to Newgen who have just got back to me and they have some too. So I think I will ask my wife if she can get me another couple through them just to have some back up.
Thanks for the tip though :) One thing I will say is I went to a few bike shops to ask if they could repair it and none of them could, in the end I did get it repaired through a local motorcycle repair company as they had one of those machines that pop the tire like you see at quick fit only smaller. Anyway the guys there were very helpful and used my repair kit patches. That was late yesterday. This morning though I got the bike out ready to take off on another adventure and found it had deflated. So I went back to the motorcycle guys who found another puncture only this time it was due to one of the spokes getting through the rim tape inside. No idea how that happened maybe the tape got moved when the tyre was taken off before , just be aware that tape can move. Also the patch the guy had fitted before was leaking due to it not seating properly because of the seam going round the centre of the tube. I did ask them if they could get some of those Kevlar tyres but sadly 20x4ā€ is not available.
So chaps be careful when not on tarmac, actually be careful on tarmac as well just go to a motorcycle garage and donā€™t bother with the bike shops those tyres are way too tight.

Thanks for that OldBoy :) I had looked there but didnā€™t see them before. In my mad panic I did find some through Urban Drivestyle in Germany in the end and ordered them. I also wrote to Newgen who have just got back to me and they have some too. So I think I will ask my wife if she can get me another couple through them just to have some back up.
Thanks for the tip though :) One thing I will say is I went to a few bike shops to ask if they could repair it and none of them could, in the end I did get it repaired through a local motorcycle repair company as they had one of those machines that pop the tire like you see at quick fit only smaller. Anyway the guys there were very helpful and used my repair kit patches. That was late yesterday. This morning though I got the bike out ready to take off on another adventure and found it had deflated. So I went back to the motorcycle guys who found another puncture only this time it was due to one of the spokes getting through the rim tape inside. No idea how that happened maybe the tape got moved when the tyre was taken off before , just be aware that tape can move. Also the patch the guy had fitted before was leaking due to it not seating properly because of the seam going round the centre of the tube. I did ask them if they could get some of those Kevlar tyres but sadly 20x4ā€ is not available.
So chaps be careful when not on tarmac, actually be careful on tarmac as well just go to a motorcycle garage and donā€™t bother with the bike shops those tyres are way too tight.

How did you get the original puncture do you think mate? I was on a pathway last night and the bushes had all been cut. I was pedalling along thinking "oh f*** there'll be thorns everywhere". Nightmare.

5B664603-EEE2-4175-8C82-ECC3A1383F71.jpegYou just described what I think happened to me Elgorgo. There was a crew cutting the hedges when I came back from my last ride near where I live. It was a dirty great thorn I pulled from my tyre the next morning.
In fact hereā€™s a picture of the little bastard with keys for scale. Grrrr!
5B664603-EEE2-4175-8C82-ECC3A1383F71.jpeg

View attachment 65162You just described what I think happened to me Elgorgo. There was a crew cutting the hedges when I came back from my last ride near where I live. It was a dirty great thorn I pulled from my tyre the next morning.
In fact hereā€™s a picture of the little bastard with keys for scale. Grrrr!
View attachment 65162

Oh crap!! I'm paranoid about things like this. Brand new bike too! I once got a puncture from a hedgehog spine or spike. Have you heard of 'slime'? Which is put into the tyre to seal it? Popular in the U.S with trail riders I believe.

Thorns / puncture has been playing on my mind... more acutely as the distance I venture from home increases on it. Iā€™ve been looking at bike bags / toolkits to take around with me but from what youā€™re saying it sounds like humble tyre levers at the side of the road may not be good enough.

i may invest in some ā€˜Mr Tuffyā€™ tyre liners to reduce the risk. These go between the inner tube and the inside of the tyre. I guess that the innova semi slicks that may also need some support as we all busily go about recreating our chopper and bmx childhoods on these fab bikes.

on another note, I got my wife to have a go on mine today. She really enjoyed it and got caught up in Halfords this afternoon looking at electric ā€˜ladyā€™ bikes.. šŸ˜‰

Yeah you can forget tyre irons OldBoy. I have some steel ones and sure they will lift the tyre from the rim but thereā€™s just no way you could move them left or right. Plus they are aluminium rims so it wouldnā€™t take much to warp them. It was at least a front puncture so I didnā€™t have the hassle of removing the chain etc.
Iā€™m still working on my wife (sheā€™s stubborn and a bit scared I think :) My daughter wants one though so I guess Iā€™ll have to start saving again.

Yeah you can forget tyre irons OldBoy. I have some steel ones and sure they will lift the tyre from the rim but thereā€™s just no way you could move them left or right. Plus they are aluminium rims so it wouldnā€™t take much to warp them. It was at least a front puncture so I didnā€™t have the hassle of removing the chain etc.
Iā€™m still working on my wife (sheā€™s stubborn and a bit scared I think :) My daughter wants one though so I guess Iā€™ll have to start saving again.
Dayum, how much did the ā€œrepairā€ cost?

I just ordered some knobby tyres (compass brand) for off road use. The innova tyres as supplied are great but Iā€™m getting some side slip when cornering

no gravel rash yet but itā€™s only a matter of time...

I just ordered some knobby tyres (compass brand) for off road use. The innova tyres as supplied are great but Iā€™m getting some side slip when cornering

no gravel rash yet but itā€™s only a matter of time...

I had a retro style slip on wet cut grass the other night trying to remount a path. Got off path cos I was worried about thorns, nearly speedwayed the the bike getting back on the bugger.

I had a retro style slip on wet cut grass the other night trying to remount a path. Got off path cos I was worried about thorns, nearly speedwayed the the bike getting back on the bugger.
Sounds about right, I was tonking down a fairly decent damp grass hill, turned at the bottom, lost both wheels simultaneously and stomped down hard with my right foot to prevent the spill. Fucking loved it!

36C125C8-B0BD-4929-8E7C-4697DD3C82CD.jpegHi chaps, I just finished Oldboys key ring. Figured I would get creative while I wait for my inner tubes. God how I miss flying around on my 345 :(

Message me with your address OldBoy if thatā€™s possible here. If not then email me at [email protected]

Sounds about right, I was tonking down a fairly decent damp grass hill, turned at the bottom, lost both wheels simultaneously and stomped down hard with my right foot to prevent the spill. Fucking loved it!

Took me back to the 70's trying to hop back onto a kerb and the front wheel just running parallel to it. Like a superbike speedwobble. Only at 15 mph! Lol.

Back