Need a new rear v2 wheel, where?

fendee1

Region
USA
I have the ride 1up Roadster V2 for 11 months now, did anyone find a rear wheel seller, looking through the forums, just noticed one off my spokes is broken.

I have the ride 1up Roadster V2 for 11 months now, did anyone find a rear wheel seller, looking through the forums, just noticed one off my spokes is broken.
Never got a new wheel, but I did replace a few rear spokes over the past few years. A good source for me was wheelbuilder.com for spokes. Really easy to replace a spoke.

I found that if I was in PAS5 and using my full leg strength to sprint up hills, I would break a spoke once in a while. Once I paid more attention to the smoothness of my spinning, I haven’t had another spoke break. I also got a spoke tension meter, to make sure my tension was relatively even.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, probably end up getting it from 1up, couldn't find anything cheaper elsewhere.

If the old nipple is still hanging out of the rim. you don't have to remove the wheel to install a replacement spoke if you have the right spoke.
If they won't send you a new one, which could take a month, a bike shop can easily measure it for you and cut one to length if they have 12G or 13G spokes in stock.

111_spoke.jpg

I need a new rear wheel as well. The only option I have found is a whole new wheel and hub motor from Ride 1 Up for around 350. Sucks you cant find a wheel to rebuild...

You guys have me wondering now. What exactly is wrong with your rear wheel? Rim damaged, or …?

I need a new rear wheel as well. The only option I have found is a whole new wheel and hub motor from Ride 1 Up for around 350. Sucks you cant find a wheel to rebuild...
So I placed a order on Thursday got it Saturday morning, don't know how much but for a Saturday delivery next day but it's probably a third of the price of the wheel alone, better then waiting 2 months from China I guess. I'm surprised tho later it didn't come with a cog for the belt drive would of liked a new one also it's pretty worn.

You guys have me wondering now. What exactly is wrong with your rear wheel? Rim damaged, or …?
Yeah, hit a curb pretty hard and rear wheel is bent, unrepairable. Tried a couple of rims off the internet no dice. Even tried bigger nipples for the spokes, no dice. LBS has looked. No dice. Only option so far is entire hub, wheel and motor assembly for 350. I will be curious if Fendee1 above was able to find a stand alone wheel that works.

Does anyone how to remove the rear cog off the old rim. I have no instructions and can't find any youtube video's.

You need one of those straps you get at a hardware store. I have info somewhere, but will need to dig around for it.

Yeah, hit a curb pretty hard and rear wheel is bent, unrepairable. Tried a couple of rims off the internet no dice. Even tried bigger nipples for the spokes, no dice. LBS has looked. No dice. Only option so far is entire hub, wheel and motor assembly for 350. I will be curious if Fendee1 above was able to find a stand alone wheel that works.
Bummer. I’m getting close to 7k miles on my Roadster, so I’m guessing I’ll probably need a new motor anyway sometime, so a new wheel would work for me. Have no idea how long the motor will last.

Yes, one of the downsides of a mail order bike. But I’m still glad to have all the cost savings from going this way. And I haven’t seen any major manufacturer with something similar or at a similar price point.

I may ask support if they have a source or can sell the rear cog, in case I need one in the future. When I get to 10k miles, I might want to do some preventative maintenance.

So I placed a order on Thursday got it Saturday morning, don't know how much but for a Saturday delivery next day but it's probably a third of the price of the wheel alone, better then waiting 2 months from China I guess. I'm surprised tho later it didn't come with a cog for the belt drive would of liked a new one also it's pretty worn.
Hi Fendee, did you get the wheel, hub and motor assembly or just the wheel. Also, if you don't mind, how much did you pay?

Or fendee1 if you don't want buy the strap/cog tool, just take the 2 wheels to your LBS. They'll have those tools. Should cost you less than 20 bucks to remove the cog off the old wheel and put it back on the new one. I did this when I went to the 24 tooth on the gravel. But since I also have a non-ebike single speed and change out cogs a lot I now have the strap and correct cog tool.
PSm will be interested in seeing what rear cog the V2 is using with the Toptrans belt. Getting the cog for the gravel is easier as it's a standard Gates CDX/CDN.

Hi Fendee, did you get the wheel, hub and motor assembly or just the wheel. Also, if you don't mind, how much did you pay?
Yeah it was just the wheel with the motor assembled just no belt cog or tools about 340+tax 370.

Ok, and about how long did you have to wait from the time you ordered until it showed up at your house?
The next business day, order Thursday afternoon, the received it Saturday morning.
It was sent through a currier service.

Thanks so much, now I have to buy more things and wait more days, funny I would have gladly paid extra if it was in the box already.
Turns out these were the tools I got. Maybe $20-25 total? Performance Tool W54059 and Park Tool FR-5.2

Back