NCM Moscow Plus 29" Freewheel 8 Speed

PeterDownes

Region
Canada
City
York
I wanted to know a few things.

How long do the 8speed 32 teeth freewheel last on these bikes?

I was planning on doing a conversion for the motor and freewheel with Grintech but I noticed it's not worth it because of cost, mounting options, and the fact that NCM already offers a much bigger battery.

Removing the 8 speed freewheel is a pain from what I saw at my local shop and the only actual fix is to contact leoncycles or NCM I guess to get a new one but they take forever / out of stock.

That's why I'd like to know how long they last before they die out and would need replacing so I can prepare by just stocking up etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Freewheels are sort of universal long as the spacing is right and the threaded part is the same, no problem just get a freewheel tool shouldn't be much problem,sometimes you can actually install one with more favorable gearing.

I wanted to know a few things.

How long do the 8speed 32 teeth freewheel last on these bikes?

I was planning on doing a conversion for the motor and freewheel with Grintech but I noticed it's not worth it because of cost, mounting options, and the fact that NCM already offers a much bigger battery.

Removing the 8 speed freewheel is a pain from what I saw at my local shop and the only actual fix is to contact leoncycles or NCM I guess to get a new one but they take forever / out of stock.

That's why I'd like to know how long they last before they die out and would need replacing so I can prepare by just stocking up etc. Any help would be appreciated.
I just replaced my freewheel at 4000Km. I'm not sure it needed to be changed, but the chain had stretched so I decided to replace both at the same time. With the freewheel tool, removing and replacing is quite straightforward.
As for sourcing one, you will find plenty of 13-32T 8-speed freewheels. However the 13T is not suitable in my opinion as you want to keep the high gear. Not sure where you are located, but I found a place in Kitchner that says they have the 11-32T -- and the price was reasonable. Post here if you want the link. I wouldn't mind getting another myself for inventory. I also saw reference somewhere to an 11-34T freewheel. The 34T would provide an even lower gear, but I don't think that's needed. Hope this helps.

Back