Moscow Plus motor life / maintenance

zumafan

I've had my Moscow Plus (29") for 3 years and I've put about 7500km on it. I've done all the regular bike maintenance, and I'm not a hard rider (usually leave the speed on 2 or 3).

How much longer should I expect the motor to last, and is there any routine maintenance I need to do?

The battery is not really holding a charge any more, so I need to decide if I should get a new battery or a new bike. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
From what I have read Das-Kit motors can last almost forever, especially if you're not hard on them.

I believe that your ebike uses a standard Reention Dorado/Dehawk battery.
You don't need to purchase a Das-Kit battery.

Half the ebikes out there use Reention batteries.
If you bought a new battery, you could use it on your old e-bike then use it on your new ebike if you ever need to replace your old e-bike.

You may be able to buy your new ebike without the battery and charger for less money.

@Jenny Mao sells reliable, safe, batteries with quality cells for your bike, at a great price.

Last edited:
Would like to know as well how long a motor should last
A mechanic at one of the dealers once told me in the neighbourhood of 10,000Km,,,but I'm sure some get more and some less. I believe the Das-Kit motor is a rebranded MXUS -- so should see the same chracteristics. I personaaly have about 6,000Km on mine.

A mechanic at one of the dealers once told me in the neighbourhood of 10,000Km,,,but I'm sure some get more and some less. I believe the Das-Kit motor is a rebranded MXUS -- so should see the same chracteristics. I personaaly have about 6,000Km on mine.
I think it really depends on what those 10000km mean. At level 1 or 6 or just amperes and we don't use the motor constantly on a ride?

I've put over 2000 km on my Das-Kit equipped ET.CYCLE T1000 since I got it last November, including at least 400 km on my Das-Kit Controller/Displays.

20230709_185328.jpg

I put 400 km on the bike with my Das-Kit Controller and display before winter and rest since then on my KT controller/display.

I'm not the least bit worried about my motor.

I've got a bigger fatter motor than what you have, but I don't pedal.
I have my power turned down to 550 Watts maximum which helps extend my range and should help extend the life of the motor and battery.
I try to keep my power output at ~350 Watts or less and slow down if the power output goes above 400 Watts.

I'm sure that I'll get way beyond 10,000 km on my ebike.

I'm way more worried about flat tires, breakdowns and running out of battery.

Last edited:
Back