NCM Moscow - Has anyone tried an URSUS jumbo double kickstand

Mithel

Region
Australia
Hi I'm new to the forum. i will do intro when i get some pics.

I have built a heavy duty pack rack and basket on my bike and now need a more stable kickstand.
From my research the URSUS Jumbo double fits my bill. It looks as though the jumbo will fit and have all the clearances i need. But before i buy i wanted to see if anyone else has had experience.

Hi I'm new to the forum. i will do intro when i get some pics.

I have built a heavy duty pack rack and basket on my bike and now need a more stable kickstand.
From my research the URSUS Jumbo double fits my bill. It looks as though the jumbo will fit and have all the clearances i need. But before i buy i wanted to see if anyone else has had experience.
That stand has an impressive wide stance in the down position. When I needed a wide double leg stand in 2014 the only one available was the Pletscher. I do like it a lot, it is wide. Most aren't as wide, but the Ursus looks even wider in the down position. The only concern is will the Ursus accommodate the tires on your bike when the stand is folded up. Most of the pictures I see in reviews show fairly narrow hybrid bike tires (2"??) and the Moscow has 2.25" mtb tires. If the Ursus fits it looks like a great choice. Best of luck! I'll be following this for a review.

I far over-exceed it's weight limit but the double stand from Decathlon has been great for me. Handles the loads I put on it and is wide enough to keep the bike stable, feels very solid. I think the URSUS one is super wide which will be nice but I can say that even a regular width one from decathlon has plenty of strength and width for my needs and fits a Moscow perfect.

I far over-exceed it's weight limit but the double stand from Decathlon has been great for me. Handles the loads I put on it and is wide enough to keep the bike stable, feels very solid. I think the URSUS one is super wide which will be nice but I can say that even a regular width one from decathlon has plenty of strength and width for my needs and fits a Moscow perfect.

That´s what i have as well. It is so handy being able to rock one tire or the other off the ground, whether
you need to change a tire, a spoke, or just tune brakes, cables, or check a wheel for true. 3200 mi, &
the front is still dead true. I have made very minor tweaks to the rear whl, being fussier than Monk when
it comes to my wheels . I am a fanatic about keeping the bike perfectly tuned.

That stand has an impressive wide stance in the down position. When I needed a wide double leg stand in 2014 the only one available was the Pletscher. I do like it a lot, it is wide. Most aren't as wide, but the Ursus looks even wider in the down position. The only concern is will the Ursus accommodate the tires on your bike when the stand is folded up. Most of the pictures I see in reviews show fairly narrow hybrid bike tires (2"??) and the Moscow has 2.25" mtb tires. If the Ursus fits it looks like a great choice. Best of luck! I'll be following this for a review.
According to the spec drawings there is 97mm between the legs in the up position. The only concern i have is that it clears the chain.

According to the spec drawings there is 97mm between the legs in the up position. The only concern i have is that it clears the chain.
I think the 97mm (3.8") is the space between each foot. This 5 star review shows the area of concern.
20210507_061555.jpg 20210507_061639.jpg
Screenshot_20210507-061702_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks like average hybrid bike tires.

That´s what i have as well.

That's funny I landed on the same model of double stand as you since it was you who gave me the idea to get one myself! Once I saw you had one I remembered how nice it was on bikes I rode in Denmark and the Netherlands and realized how awful side kickstands are when my old bike was loaded down with gear. I'll never go back.

If someone could figure out how to mount a frame lock on a Moscow now I'll be delighted. I have a very small cable lock (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B085Y4FV3F) but would prefer a frame lock but couldn't get it to mount. I want a frame lock for running into country corner stores, I just lock the bike, set the alarm (I think I have the same alarm as you John as you inspired me there too) and run in for my water or whatever. I have a regular lock for longer stops.

Thank you for both ideas, the stand and the alarm. :)

That's funny I landed on the same model of double stand as you since it was you who gave me the idea to get one myself! Once I saw you had one I remembered how nice it was on bikes I rode in Denmark and the Netherlands and realized how awful side kickstands are when my old bike was loaded down with gear. I'll never go back.

If someone could figure out how to mount a frame lock on a Moscow now I'll be delighted. I have a very small cable lock (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B085Y4FV3F) but would prefer a frame lock but couldn't get it to mount. I want a frame lock for running into country corner stores, I just lock the bike, set the alarm (I think I have the same alarm as you John as you inspired me there too) and run in for my water or whatever. I have a regular lock for longer stops.

Thank you for both ideas, the stand and the alarm. :)
I have both a dbl & an adjustable rear mount single. Level ground is not always available.

My concern is keeping the dbl bolted down tight. They do tend to loosen up, swinging right or left &
the bolt is in a difficult place to access.

I have some thread locker on mine (on most bolts actually, lol). Maybe try that? I use the blue loctite stuff that will still let you back the bolts out, if you get the red loctite the bolt is permanent, it's pretty hard to release it.

The Decathlon double is my second choice. The 50kg limit was my only hesitation, but i note your comments on load performance. The 86kg offered by the URSUS is what has me interested. The URSUS is almost twice the price but it isn't always about money.

My lockup setup is part of the reason for wanting a double kickstand. Depending on where i am going i carry an ONGUARD beast chain and two ONGUARD brute D-locks. One D-lock to rear wheel, one to whatever i am anchoring to and chain through front wheel to rear wheel D-lock. Runs around 6kg

Thank you to everyone who has posted, i appreciate the knowledge and experience. I will let you know the outcome

My apologies for the long delay. After waiting for replies from manufacturers and dealers of the ursus stand, and not getting any, i went ahead and got the stand anyway.

John Peck pointed out that i may have an issue with the 2.25" inch tyres and referenced the 5 star review from another bike. And i thank him for his advice/warning. i didn't have a problem as the Moscow has a proper centre mount as part of the frame. The bike in the review had to use the mounting plate. The mounting plate places the stand several inches further back towards the tyre. This is what makes the difference.

I will do a proper review with pictures once i am done with the stand but here are the key points.

The ursus stand fit the NCM Moscow pretty much out of the box. One side was was almost touching the whiskers on the tyre. Being a little ocd'ish i found on examination that the stand has a spring plate on one side in the stand. The opposite side to the leg that was close to the tyre. To ensure clearance I took a 1x5x25mm piece of rubber and double sided tape and slid it into the recess where the leg folds up. This gave me plenty of clearance.

Even though the stand is advertised as 24-28" compatible, it sits around 10mm off the ground when the legs are down. The only issue this creates is the bike tends to "walk" if you have the stand out on a hill. My solution to this is to make a 10mm extension plate to fit into the frame bracket and capture the stand. I am currently looking for someone locally that still does metal milling.

i apologise for mixing the measurements but i am old and mentally work better with inches, but take measurements in centimetres.

Final word is that this stand is worth the extra effort to get a perfect fit. It is stable and sturdy in construction.

Oh, and it doesn't hit the ground on cornering, but you can still manage pedal lock if you aren't careful.

Thank you to those that offered input. I will publish a formal review with pictures when i complete the work.

Last edited:
Back