NCM Dehawk battery disassemble / repair

whatsup

Region
Canada
Hello. I have the Moscow Plus with a Dehawk 48 volt 16 Ah battery. The connectors on the battery have deteriorated from constant, slight movement while it is in the bike battery holder. Now, I have intermittent loss of power and can see that the contacts in the battery are worn.

I am second owner and battery is just over a year old, so no warranty left. It still holds a charge well, so I want to keep it and try to repair those connectors. Has anyone had success opening up the battery and getting to the internals?

So you need this??

or this
Wow!! Yes, exactly what I need. Thanks!! I will have to measure the existing one to make sure it fits. And find some instructions on how to install it.

Last edited:
If you have any snags let me know I've soldered those connectors before. My main issue is they are a fat connection and take a lot of heat so get a decent size soldering iron.

This place also sells them and I've ordered from them before.

If you have any snags let me know I've soldered those connectors before. My main issue is they are a fat connection and take a lot of heat so get a decent size soldering iron.

This place also sells them and I've ordered from them before.
Thanks for the info!! This forum is great!

I am about to replace this plug (Reention/Dorado 2 pin) on an early Oxygen bike. I don't know if anyone knows of a UK supplier for male/female plug complete at a reasonable price? I've found one in Bristol but it's 4 times the price of item below..

if anyone knows of a UK supplier for male/female plug complete at a reasonable price?

Lots of suppliers on Aliexpress. Search for Reention Dorado 2 pin

Wow!! Yes, exactly what I need. Thanks!! I will have to measure the existing one to make sure it fits. And find some instructions on how to install it.
Hi dose anyone know if ncm Moscow is 2pin or 6 pin discharge lead

Has anyone had any success or has suggestions on how to get the cells on the Reention Dorado pack out of the case. I have one that's giving me problems and I want to test the individual cell groups. These things seem really tight in there. I'm attaching a picture of what the cell pack looks like once removed and the state of my battery where I have only been able to move the cells a short way (with lots of "persuasion").

Any thoughts welcome
. Reention Dorado.jpgReention Dorado Cells.jpg

Back