NBD Tero X 5

Ebikelife72

Region
USA
I picked up my new Tero X 5 this morning and put in a quick 20 miles on paved trails with some steep climbs. This bike rips. I was considering a Vado 4 as I really like the speed due to the gearing but wanted the full suspension and the dropper post. Speed is not an issue with this bike. It may not get up to speed as quick as the Vado but it is not difficult to get to and maintain 28mph. It definitely climbs easier than the Vado. I find the suspension to be very plush and the dropper to be very useful. I’m 6’3 but got the large frame, it just felt more comfortable than the XL. I found that to be true on the Vado, as well. I really like this bike and am looking forward to many more miles. I also have a couple hub drive e-bikes, the Himiway Cobra and Zebra. Both are fantastic bikes but very different from the Tero. I’m likely to sell the Cobra as there is a bit of overlap between it and the Tero. The Zebra is just a comfortable, easy cruiser with a cadence sensor that I like to ride with my wife who also has a Zebra. But, without a doubt, the Tero X is my favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 133
it is not difficult to get to and maintain 28mph
I switched mine to a more compromise tire (Schwalbe Johnny Watts) but anything that gives you more of a solid center tread will make paved riding faster.
I’m 6’3 but got the large frame, it just felt more comfortable than the XL.
I'm 6'4 and got the XL sight unseen (closest bike was a 5 hour drive away at that point). I'm not surprised by your result--I feel like the reach on the XL is just a little too long for comfort.
I’m likely to sell the Cobra as there is a bit of overlap between it and the Tero.
I got an Aventure.2 before the Tero X and since then I've put maybe 50 miles on the Aventure.2 and 1400 miles on the Tero X. The Aventure is still handy for shopping, and I have it set up for more casual/cruising comfort, but the lowest assist is just way too high for any outings that are really about riding. I figure I'll give it one winter to see if there's any fat tire activities that it excels at, and sell it if not.

That was fun while it lasted. Just dropped the bike off at the shop. The display would not turn on. The diagnostic tool said there was no attached motor. It appears that the motor itself is not the issue but likely a port on the motor that malfunctioned. The net result is that they’re replacing the motor. So yeah, I’m real happy about that. The first 20 miles were fun, the next couple in my neighborhood, not so much.

Back