Name your favorite accessory

By far the Serfas E-Gel seat. Then, at a close second is the Mirrycle mirror. Wide, stable when properly installed, adjustable, and clear. I’ve got one on every bike I ride.

As a commuter; Garmin Radar. I purchased the RVR315 about a month ago and it's just given me a lot more confidence and awareness. There are a few spots in my commute where I have to merge into the left lane to make a turn and I was previously using a mirror and shoulder check but this enables me to not have to look around and lose so much speed doing so. I still ALWAYS do the shoulder check but I almost use it as more of a signal of intent now. I previously thought it was pretty gimmicky and why can't I just use a mirror and a shoulder check? Well, I've been in situations where a silent electric car is approaching me from behind and they don't have their lights on. That makes it that much tougher to hear or see them approaching.

Last edited:
I actually love my chain glider. No worries about gunking up my pant leg. No worries about the gear taking a bite out the cuff. No stuffing the cuff into my sock or hunting for a bicycle clip. No worries about dirt and dust fouling the chain. Just hop on without a second thought in whatever pants I'm wearing and off I go. All these bikes that don't even come standard with a regular chainguard - - what is up with that anyway?? Do manufacturers really think that ebike owners need to cut every gram of weight so they can ride the Tour de France?

That other thing I love is my motion detector alarm, which I can switch on easily when I'm just running into an establishment to pick up take-out or whatever. Fortunately, I live in a small town and don't think we have a lot of super pro bicycle thieves around. Of course I take my controller with me, too.

By far the Serfas E-Gel seat. Then, at a close second is the Mirrycle mirror. Wide, stable when properly installed, adjustable, and clear. I’ve got one on every bike I ride.
I use 2 of the "Men's Serfas Dual Density" seats on each bike and they are the best I have tried so far. No more "gel bike underware" to worry about anymore! ;) 👍

#1 Helmet. https://www.consumerreports.org/pro...bike-helmets-30731/giro-register-mips-394687/

#2 Bottle Cage and bottle.

#3 Rear Rack. Love the locking rail system on the Topeak racks, easy to attach a bag when you need it or remove it when you don't need it. https://www.topeak.com/us/en/products/racks

#4 Saddle Bag. Holds cable, lock, multi-tool https://www.topeak.com/us/en/products/saddle-bags/361-wedge-pack-ii

#5 MTB platform pedals. https://www.amazon.com/25NINE-Ronin...s&qid=1594841848&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3&th=1

Fave accessories: Mirrycle, Victagen LED headlight (came with a very bright tail light too), Coast LED head lamp, Nox Gear lighted vest. Victagen had biggest impact on safety.

It has been said many times but I would say mirror second would be rear rack and third would be Top tube phone bag
81A84174-3458-4968-BD69-E6E48117AD61.jpeg
29B41AE2-E2A3-4054-81C3-AC37B2FFAE61.jpeg

A surprisingly tough question, to pick just 1 accessory...
Probably the mirror (Mirrycle) has to be the most-used. So handy/useful and permanently ingrained in my behavior now, that when I am walking amidst people on a sidewalk, I find myself automatically glancing towards my lower-left, to check the mirror (that of course, isn't present) for people behind me before I overtake someone walking in front of me...!
In terms of most-enjoyed accessory, I really like my very compact Buckshot2.0 bluetooth speaker; with a silicon strap and the small size but good sound, I easily move it between both bikes' handlebars as needed (and sometimes even hook it on a towel rod in the bathroom for music in the shower.)
Winter-wise, the Gore jacket I have is probably my best "accessory", allowing me to comfortably commute throughout winter (well, when I had an open office building to commute to, that is, pre-teleworking!)

A surprisingly tough question, to pick just 1 accessory...
Probably the mirror (Mirrycle) has to be the most-used. So handy/useful and permanently ingrained in my behavior now, that when I am walking amidst people on a sidewalk, I find myself automatically glancing towards my lower-left, to check the mirror (that of course, isn't present) for people behind me before I overtake someone walking in front of me...!
In terms of most-enjoyed accessory, I really like my very compact Buckshot2.0 bluetooth speaker; with a silicon strap and the small size but good sound, I easily move it between both bikes' handlebars as needed (and sometimes even hook it on a towel rod in the bathroom for music in the shower.)
Winter-wise, the Gore jacket I have is probably my best "accessory", allowing me to comfortably commute throughout winter (well, when I had an open office building to commute to, that is, pre-teleworking!)

Same here Christop, I’m so accustomed to the Mirrcle that I occasionally look for it while walking.
Can’t imagine cycling without one.

I just received this new accesory 10 minutes ago and I am going to find a spot on the handebars to mount it. It came with a little flashing red light that would fit around a seatpost or somewhere in the back. Is it legal to have it above my headlight on the front?

Does anybody use a triangle bag? The only ones I've seen have been very small (but very cheap). I'd like to try one instead of lifting my leg over my trunk bag.

I have a tiny homemade one that carries tire levers, a multi-tool, a patch kit, and a tubolito.

Back