Name your favorite accessory

My fold flat, rear rack, metal basket. Really comes in handy.
download.jpeg

No, a sewing machine. Or more precisely, relatives with a sewing machine:

Ok. I can do bungee cords and duct tape, but not sewing, but there were links to good looking frame bags in that article, thank you Mr. Coffee. I'm thinking of something like this, that I can just remove and throw over my shoulder...20200723_000656.jpg

By far my favorite accessory is my $1 ol' school bell. It's loud, reliable and gets peoples attention.
But the reason it's my favorite is that you are guaranteed to make a kid smile if you give them a triple as you pass.
Their mommies smile that follows is just sweet icing 😊

IMAG0280.jpg

When I was shopping I specified quotes included a display, a rack, fenders, and lights. So far have only added a couple of bungee cords and helmets fitted with a light and a rear view mirror. Maybe those are accessories, maybe they are part of the basic ebike package.

Does anybody use a triangle bag? The only ones I've seen have been very small (but very cheap). I'd like to try one instead of lifting my leg over my trunk bag.
I use an Ortlieb frame/triangle bag that fits my men's med Vado perfectly. Very sturdy waterproof bag.
20200218_135754.jpg

The frame bag is also a medium. I replaced the included down tube velcro straps with longer 20" ones. The manufacturer's site has downloadable templates so you can verify fit prior to purchase.

A surprisingly tough question, to pick just 1 accessory...
Probably the mirror (Mirrycle) has to be the most-used. So handy/useful and permanently ingrained in my behavior now, that when I am walking amidst people on a sidewalk, I find myself automatically glancing towards my lower-left, to check the mirror (that of course, isn't present) for people behind me before I overtake someone walking in front of me...!
In terms of most-enjoyed accessory, I really like my very compact Buckshot2.0 bluetooth speaker; with a silicon strap and the small size but good sound, I easily move it between both bikes' handlebars as needed (and sometimes even hook it on a towel rod in the bathroom for music in the shower.)
Winter-wise, the Gore jacket I have is probably my best "accessory", allowing me to comfortably commute throughout winter (well, when I had an open office building to commute to, that is, pre-teleworking!)
Like your speaker referenced in your post. 20hrs of playtime with handlebar functionality seems like a winner. Nice and compact. Cheers!

Bought and used my first "ebike accessory" beyond the kit above - Dielectric grease for the battery contacts. Haven't even bought a multitool or patch kit for on the bike yet, but had to stop at an auto parts store and remembered @Sierratim recommended it for waterproofing contacts. Specialized in frame battery is especially hard to insert and lock and this helps .

Bought and used my first "ebike accessory" beyond the kit above - Dielectric grease for the battery contacts. Haven't even bought a multitool or patch kit for on the bike yet, but had to stop at an auto parts store and remembered @Sierratim recommended it for waterproofing contacts. Specialized in frame battery is especially hard to insert and lock and this helps .

Dielectric Grease can have many useful applications on an eBike, such as you mentioned lubricating the guides to insert the battery.
But I would be hesitant to use it on battery contacts. Those that I have come across are not recommended for hi current applications... such as eBike battery contacts. If you have even the minimal of arcing, dielectric grease will make things worse.

Dielectric Grease can have many useful applications on an eBike, such as you mentioned lubricating the guides to insert the battery.
But I would be hesitant to use it on battery contacts. Those that I have come across are not recommended for hi current applications... such as eBike battery contacts. If you have even the minimal of arcing, dielectric grease will make things worse.
Too late. Already put it on. If it arcs it's Tim's fault ;). But I was carefull and applied only a drop per contact ...

Too late. Already put it on. If it arcs it's Tim's fault ;). But I was carefull and applied only a drop per contact ...

Well that's good... This is one of those situations where less is more. If your contacts are tight they should have displaced the grease at the contract points and thus you should still have a metal to metal connection.
Dielectric means non_conductive afterall

Well that's good... This is one of those situations where less is more. If your contacts are tight they should have displaced the grease at the contract points and thus you should still have a metal to metal connection.
Dielectric means non_conductive afterall
Opps. I thought it meant waterproofing for electric ..

Opps. I thought it meant waterproofing for electric ..

Sorry no... and even there it's abilities are often a bit exaggerated. It does have the ability to displace moisture and help seal it out along with other contaminates... but it would be a stretch to call it water proofing. Typically it's used to aid seals and gaskets in water proofing.

Sorry no... and even there it's abilities are often a bit exaggerated. It does have the ability to displace moisture and help seal it out along with other contaminates... but it would be a stretch to call it water proofing. Typically it's used to aid seals and gaskets in water proofing.
Well then, I've learned two new things while just wasting time inside on EBR today. Going to LBS soon, don't even have a flat kit or multitool yet and a group ride coming up. Just an empty backpack so far.

Anyway It would be wise to put a bit around the battery cover / frame joint? Yes?

Well then, I've learned two new things while just wasting time inside on EBR today. Going to LBS soon, don't even have a flat kit or multitool yet and a group ride coming up. Just an empty backpack so far.

Anyway It would be wise to put a bit around the battery cover / frame joint? Yes?

Not sure where you are asking to use it? If you mean so the battery slides in easy and to help keep water from seeping between the battery and frame.. sure.
It's used often in the automotive industry to help seal out moisture on all those little plugs under the car and hood. Just not on the high current connections like the battery.

Yes I got it. I bought it to seal between battery and frame, just thought if its safe for contacts the battery is a tough fit, grease helps a bit. Thanks.

I use an Ortlieb frame/triangle bag that fits my men's med Vado perfectly. Very sturdy waterproof bag.
View attachment 60098
The frame bag is also a medium. I replaced the included down tube velcro straps with longer 20" ones. The manufacturer's site has downloadable templates so you can verify fit prior to purchase.
That's an impressive amount of storage. More than I want to pedal uphill, indeed.I think just the frame bag is as much as I want ...

Back