MY2021 N. America new models preview

There is a dealer in Seattle, Dandelion, that stocks Gazelle. They do look cool, but, haha, always a "but" right? They are not light, all things being equal. Check out the weights. It seems to me they traded off weight for price.

It might be a sweet spot for some looking for a good urban bike where cost is more important than weight. It is on wheels and has power, so weight is not that big a deal riding. The weight is more about lifting onto racks or lugging up stairs. For a lot of people 40 pounds is doable. 50 pounds starts to get to be too much for many. Add accessories and you might be looking at 55-60#s which starts to be a lot for an unwieldy bike.

There are other bikes out there that keep it closer to 40 pounds that cost about 20% more.

I own an Arroyo. I like it. Haven't had any problems but it is apparently hard to work on. I just had it in for a checkup at a bike shop that does not sell Gazelles. I had them take the chain guard off because it was hard to clean and oil the chain with it on. There is a clipped on part that comes off to do that, but it is still hard to work on.

I asked them to show me how to take off the rear tire and was told, after they'd talked to a Shimano guru, that it was too hard for most people to do and that the Schwalbe Marathons were pretty much bomb proof. Now I worry. I ride where there is no cell phone coverage and traffic is few and far between. I'm thinking I better carry good walking shoes.

It's a good bike to ride but apparently sucks to work on. I've got 2000 miles on it. I ride on and off pavement.

I own an Arroyo. I like it. Haven't had any problems but it is apparently hard to work on. I just had it in for a checkup at a bike shop that does not sell Gazelles. I had them take the chain guard off because it was hard to clean and oil the chain with it on. There is a clipped on part that comes off to do that, but it is still hard to work on.

I asked them to show me how to take off the rear tire and was told, after they'd talked to a Shimano guru, that it was too hard for most people to do and that the Schwalbe Marathons were pretty much bomb proof. Now I worry. I ride where there is no cell phone coverage and traffic is few and far between. I'm thinking I better carry good walking shoes.

It's a good bike to ride but apparently sucks to work on. I've got 2000 miles on it. I ride on and off pavement.
I just purchased a Medeo T10+ and my LBS recommended installing a Tannus Tire Liner in each wheel. These are a different design than most tire liners. LBS states they have had very positive results. I have only had the bike about a week, but no flats in the first 120 miles!

I just purchased a Medeo T10+ and my LBS recommended installing a Tannus Tire Liner in each wheel. These are a different design than most tire liners. LBS states they have had very positive results. I have only had the bike about a week, but no flats in the first 120 miles!
No flats in 2000 miles. Now I'm triply cursed. I did have them rotate the tires as the rear one was worn more than the front.

Back