Region
USA
City
Arlington, Virginia

Arroyo C5 Elite
Avignon C380
Ultimate C380
Ultimate T10

All feature the new Bosch smart system, the Arroyo & Avignon have the Intuvia display, the Ultimate models use the Kiox 300 display. BRAIN report they should be arriving this month.

Does anyone know if they will make a new (2023) version of the Ultimate T10+? This is the class 3 version of the T10. It is not on the website yet. Thanks!

I have not seen any information on the T10+ for 2023. I hope they did not discontinue them.

I just got an Ultimate T10+. Didn't realize it was a 2022 model.

Any idea if the Kiox can be added in place of the controller I got? Is it swappable? I see Gazelle lists four controllers on their site, but no information about what ones are options on which bikes.

I just got an Ultimate T10+. Didn't realize it was a 2022 model.

Any idea if the Kiox can be added in place of the controller I got? Is it swappable? I see Gazelle lists four controllers on their site, but no information about what ones are options on which bikes.
I think your bike has the Purion display?

Yes, you can get a Kiox or Nyon retrofit kit which include display, mount, remote, and wires. You would need to feed new wires from the drive unit as the Purion does not use the same wiring as Kiox/Nyon/Smartphone Hub.

Smart system displays are not compatible with the older system 2 bikes.

System 2 is what Bosch are now calling their previous generation motors and supporting batteries, displays, components, etc. The current generation Bosch motors you find on MY2023/24 Gazelle ebikes are called Smart System.

Last edited:
Pretty much what Dewey said. I would quibble with some details and how they've characterized it - but the point is you can't mix and match components between the two systems which are both still being offered by Bosch as current product lines.

Btw, there's no real performance difference between your motor+battery from its equivalent in a Smart System bike.

Back