My XP Lite theory

myers830

I have noticed that 3 (of the 4) colors of the Lectric XP Lite models...are SOLD OUT and that there is no indication that they are going to be replenished (no future shipping dates). So I have a theory that a new XP Lite 2.0 may be in the works. I say this because the XP Lite is their best selling model, so it makes no sense to let the supply run out UNLESS a new model is on the way? I am hoping and have been begging Lectric to come out with a carbon belt drive model, which would darn near make it maintenance free (other than the brakes). I think even if the cost went up $100 the new model would fly off the shelves. I have owned the XP, and a Ride1Up Core-5... my XP Lite easily has the most FUN factor of either of them. It's hard to explain to those that have never owned one, but damn it's so much fun and user friendly. It will be interesting to see what happens when the last of the XP Lites are sold out.

I like this theory. Basically a Lectric One without the Pinion Gear Box. I would love it so much and would probably buy it day 1. The XP Lite has to be the oldest model without a refresh at this point, and it greatly needs one. My gripes with the original were the range and the tail light not being brake actuated. But if they can also add hydraulic brakes and belt drive and keep it light weight and sub $1000, oh man.

According to the Lectric website, your theory is correct. There is no XP lite listed, but a pre-order for XP Lite 2.0. Long range version $999 and regular $799. The JW long range version even has a belt drive for $1,099.

Since you are such a good forecaster, when do you think the new Xpress will ship?

Last edited:
According to the Lectric website, your theory is correct. There is no XP lite listed, but a pre-order for XP Lite 2.0. Long range version $999 and regular $799. The JW long range version even has a belt drive for $1,099.

Since you are such a good forecaster, when do you think the new Xpress will ship?
Predicting when Lectric will ship a pre-ordered new model is something I gave up on years ago...when I remember waiting 4 months for the new XP 1.0 at that time. However, that was during COVID so I give Lectric a pass on that one. I know the frustration. I keep reading how the cost of new eBikes is going up quickly so I can appreciate Lectric even more...no matter the wait time. You simply can't get a better eBike value anywhere. The XPeak is now in stock...the Xpress can't be far behind.

Last edited:
Back