My XDURO Build

Metalmasher

I picked up a bone stock 2014 XDURO RX 650B on eBay for $2,300 (400 miles) and the mod bug started.

Still not done with it, but having fun in the process. Had a 2014 eMotion Neo Jumper 650B prior to this I put about $4k in upgrades on and the Haibike is on a completely different level.

Attachments

• 4789.jpeg
    4789.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 594
I picked up a bone stock 2014 XDURO RX 650B on eBay for $2,300 (400 miles) and the mod bug started.

Still not done with it, but having fun in the process. Had a 2014 eMotion Neo Jumper 650B prior to this I put about $4k in upgrades on and the Haibike is on a completely different level.

Are you the guy from Utah who had done some cool mods to Jumper 650B?

Precisely why I sold the Neo. Loved the stealth look of it, but I'm an aggressive rider, so it just didn't feel nearly as athletic as this Haibike, plus theres virtually no rolling resistance from a rear hub so i can go twice as far as the Neo. I don't miss the throttle as all.

Awesome! You mind if I share this picture?

Have had the exact same bike for over a year, absolutely love it, no doubt the assist helps up hill but it rocks the downhill as well. I have 1500 miles and 2,300 wouldn't come close, great deal! What tires did you use, see WTB but what size, I would love to go 2.5 if possible.
Swarty

Yeah, pretty happy about the deal. I have WTB Vigilante 2.35's, which are more like 2.4's. I may end up going with some fattie rims to go to 2.5 or 2.6 at some point. Have heard 2.5's tend to burp air a lot (at least tubeless) on standard width rims like these DT Swiss ones that ship with Haibikes.

Love the WTB vigis...perfect all around tire...what their race team specs.

Last edited:
Another quick pic...climbed from the base of the Boise Valley to the top of the mountain range (2,700 vertical feet) on a single charge with 4% battery back at the bottom. The trail is aggressive at times (called Hard Guy for a reason) and mainly stayed in Eco & Sport with some quick climbs using Turbo. Have a 42 Tooth Wolf rear cog conversion coming soon, so should help with those crazy steep sections where even getting traction is a problem.

The key to this Bosch system is good calibration with the wheel magnet and keeping the drivetrain clear of debris. Caught a little sagebrush in the rear derailleur without knowing and the system became pretty irratic until I finally stopped for anow inspection.

Otherwise, this thing is a dream. Keep pace with my weight weenie buddies and still get a nice workout.

Attachments

• 5186.jpeg
    5186.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 570
Agreed. I haven't had so much fun on a bike in a long time. I almost think I could sell our dirt motorcycles and be happy riding trails on these. Love it.
I usually worry that I'm cheating too much, but i'm when I look my HR is right where it needs to be and I'm usually panting a bit.
I just never hurt a lot. ;)

Last edited:
Literally just had my second microdiscetomy today, so my next option is a fusion on my L5S1.

Need to tone it down on the downhill, so the eBike has finally made climbing just as rewarding for me.

Just have to get help lifting it up on the bike rack now that my disc is the thickness of a communion wafer (no offense). ;)

Sucks that the Haibike will have to sit for 3 months before I can lift a leg over it.

Quick update...for those of you who have wished for one more climbing gear on our 10 speed drivetrain, I just picked up a Wolf Components 42 Tooth Cog conversion for the rear cassette.

It effectively replaces the 17 tooth and spacer with a 16 tooth and allows the massive 42 tooth to set next to the 36 tooth. Basically a lower cost alternative than going full 1x 11 ($100 vs about $500).

I'll be installing a new chain with it and have attached a couple of pics.

When I ride with my slower analog buddies, having an extra tall climbing cog will let me keep my pedaling cadence in line with theirs rather than feeling like I'm on a single speed on steep climbs.

Haven't heard of anyone else doing this with a Haibike.

Attachments

• 5419.jpeg
    5419.jpeg
    787.6 KB · Views: 543
  • 5415.jpeg
    5415.jpeg
    753.1 KB · Views: 508
Thank you Metalmasher and MLB for your comments. Been looking up 650B Jumper vs Haibike for a while now. I, too, ride aggressively and only in the woods. Good to know you don't miss the throttle. I was leaning towards Jumper due to cheaper cost, but still full suspension. But now leaning Haibike. No dealers around CT, but just have to go it alone. I thought Haibikes were out of my price range, but I saw MLB talking and Crazy Lenny and there's Ebikesofne in this part of the country too.ill start making some calls when I get some more funds. Don't want to waste their time till I can pony up.

Keep up the great thread,
Mike

Back