My Tricked out XP

I’m my photos you’ll see the chain maxed out on the low gear. Yes, I had to add another 10 links.
Thanks for answering my question. I didn't realize that you had installed a larger diameter chain ring. Will that aid in pedaling uphill with ease in addition to the 11-34t freewheel?

Either you or sed6 ought to start a modders thread. Both of you have done really sweet customizations.

I used to belong to a guitar modders forum. So many great ideas came out of that. Please get this going :)

P.S. It is more than a sub 1k bike. Many eBikes are price pointed based on things like added fenders, disc brakes, light setup etc. So your "upgrades" did exactly that. As an addendum to that, don't waste a lick of your attention worrying about what others think or say, unless its complimentary lol

Last edited:
Either you or sed6 ought to start a modders thread. Both of you have done really sweet customizations.

I used to belong to a guitar modders forum. So many great ideas came out of that. Please get this going :)

P.S. It is more than a sub 1k bike. Many eBikes are price pointed based on things like added fenders, disc brakes, light setup etc. So your "upgrades" did exactly that. As an addendum to that, don't waste a lick of your attention worrying about what others think or say, unless its complimentary lol
Where are the modder's thread? I'd like to see some real cool, out of the ordinary mods for the XP.

Hi Saf
what is the model number of the Hafny mirrors you bought? Did it take any modifications to the grips to install?
Thanks!

I’m my photos you’ll see the chain maxed out on the low gear. Yes, I had to add another 10 links.
I know people that went with that freewheel and had to do nothing to the chain. It has to be the combination of the freewheel and crankset you changed.

I know people that went with that freewheel and had to do nothing to the chain. It has to be the combination of the freewheel and crankset you changed.
It absolutely was both. I think 10 links is much and maybe 7-8 would suit the bike better with more tension. It’s derailed once over some rough dirt but that was my doing.

It's nice to see and hear about people like Saf that have a passion for a hobby/sport and impart their style and creativity! Keep those mods coming!
I really appreciate this! Reading back through these posts have kept me sane recently. Been sick with covid for the past few weeks and I’m finally feeling well enough to go for a ride. Today’s the day!

Safetywise - i was able to find a very simple FOX multi sports helmet and matching FOX gloves that match the paint and decal scheme. When i head out today for a ride, I’ll take new pics. I may find a small bar in town and have a few drinks while the day emerges.

I really appreciate this! Reading back through these posts have kept me sane recently.
Been sick with covid for the past few weeks and I’m finally feeling well enough to go for a ride. Today’s the day!
Glad to hear that you are recovering... enjoy the ride today! ;)

It absolutely was both. I think 10 links is much and maybe 7-8 would suit the bike better with more tension. It’s derailed once over some rough dirt but that was my doing.
I changed mine to 34T cog(rear) and 60T chainring, total link is 122. Tension is perfect.

Back