My New Piaggio Wi-bike has finally arrived from Vespa in NYC

Yes I saw it and I have it :)

FITNESS: Turns the Wi-Bike into a true mobile fitness machine: the rider selects its pedal power level to be maintained along the route (i.e. 100 Watt) and the electric motor dynamically adjusts the assistance level to maintain as constant as possible the effort close to the user selected target. In the graphic representation of the strategy behavior, the orange bar and the related number indicate the target power level; the blue area shows the instantaneous power of the cyclist.
Here are a few excerpts from the App manual which you can download from the appstore.

The are two models active and comfort the comfort has the Nuvinci with the manual control. The Active Plus has the Harmony sync.

By clicking on any of the five parameter areas the following values can be selected:
-Vehicle speed - monitor
-Average vehicle speed - monitor
-Traveled distance from the application start - goal
-Pedaling frequency - monitor
-Heart rate - monitor
-Average heart rate - monitor
-Calories burned from application start - goal WARNING: to enable the heart rate display the connection of a Bluetooth heart rate monitor (not included) to the app through the dedicated page is needed. The calories burned are calculated: - based on the heart rate if a heart rate monitor is connected to the app: in this case it is crucial to correctly insert your pulse rate at rest in the user data
-based on the power measured on the pedal if no heart rate monitor is connected to the app
Once the preferred data to be displayed has been selected, it is possible to ignore (‘skip’) or fix (‘set’): - upper and lower limits for parameters visualization (monitor) - target value to be achieved (goal) For monitored parameters the data are displayed in green or red whether within or outside the selected range. The parameters associated to goals are increased while using the app and the completed percentage is shown. The split of the parameters between goals and monitors is described on the previous page.
While using the dynamic assistance modes (CITY-HILL-FITNESS), the electric motor may be in ‘OFF‘ condition even if non-zero assistance levels are selected on the app (e.g. when in ‘FITNESS’ mode the cyclist is delivering much lower power respect to the selected target). These conditions are in line with the desired behavior of the system. In dynamic assistance modes and, in particular, in FITNESS mode, the pedal torque multiplier factor is calculated in real time by the app and sent to the Wi-Bike. Therefore sudden changes in pedaling assistance over time shall be expected

I watched the review that was just posted and what a great review as usual but I am scratching my head and wondering(let me see if I can say this right) If it's better to buy and ebike from a company that makes great bikes or a company that makes great motorized vehicles, such as Piaggio. What do you people think? I wish Piaggio had a size that fit me, my road bike is 64cm

Piaggio's all-electric Vespa set to hit the roads in 2018
https://www.dezeen.com/2017/11/17/piaggio-elettrica-all-electric-vespa-scooter-launches-2018/

electric-vespa-transport-design_dezeen_2364_hero-1.jpg

Last edited:
Great to hear that it came fully assembled. I’m considering buying it and I’m not handy.

Took it for a short test drive, really like the Nuvinci drive and belt drive very quiet.
Pretty cool and functional Smartphone APP.
Built in GPS, bike location, theft alarm, navigation. Belt Drive. 3 levels of assist eco, tour and power and walk and 10 levels of assist via the app. NYC Vespa dealer shipped it to Florida. Great support from the owner , Andrew. So far very pleased well made and well finished.
Integrated front and rear light that works off the battery, fenders rear rack. Leather seat and hand grips.[/QUOTE]
So
Finally my Piaggio Wi-bike has arrived , it was very well packed and fully assembled.

Took it for a short test drive, really like the Nuvinci drive and belt drive very quiet.
Built in GPS, bike location, theft alarm, navigation. Belt Drive. 3 levels of assist eco, tour and power and walk and 10 levels of assist via the app. NYC Vespa dealer shipped it to Florida. Great support from the owner , Andrew. So far very pleased well made and well finished.
Integrated front and rear light that works off the battery, fenders rear rack. Leather seat and hand grips.
Finally my Piaggio Wi-bike has arrived , it was very well packed and fully assembled.

Integrated front and rear light that works off the battery, fenders rear rack. Leather seat and hand grips.

With the smartphone app, the active plus can be used as your fitness trainer with several target goals, such as calories burned, effort in watts, heart rate, among other things.

Last edited:
I'd probably run off the road looking at the screen trying to keep track of all that stuff. Good thing I learned how to read my own body input/output on a bicycle before smartphones. But e bikes in general are good for teaching you your limits and letting you ride on the outer edge of your zone without going into oxygen debt.

Back