My first ebike...refurbished crossedcurrent

El Knight Man

Ive been riding a fairly cheap Fuji hybrid for about 10 years and finally added a juiced crosscurrent For commuting and leisure.

Price: 9/10. I paid a little over 1200 directly from juiced for their refurbished 10.4 ah L black using a recent promo code

Assembly: 9/10. very easy. I'm not mechanical with bikes at all. Attach wheel, handlebar and pedals. All pretty intuitive. Battery arrived fully charged.

Instructions: None. Not really needed, but was expecting something. Forums provide enough.

Condition: 9/10. no clear cosmetic damages. Some rusty screws and break discs were some what rusty looking. I've never had discs before so this may be normalonce used. Overall very good for refurbished tho .

Shipping: fast, 1 week to get to Alpharetta, Ga from CA.

Bike experience: 8/10. faster than expected. You feel the power right away. Can easily maintain speeds of around 23-25 on flats. 28 would require hard work on flats but is reachable on downgrades. Rides up slight hills nicely, this is really where you feel the difference vs a regular bike. Slight hills on a regular bike are hellish. Downhills feel like they max out at around 30, I could get going slightly faster on my hybrid. Granted I'd be winded. I rode 6 miles with the flu last night and felt fine. Shocks and brakes felt great.

I looked at my results on Strava and set some records (and then deleted, don't worry). You don't realize the speed your maintaining.

Bike weight: it's heavy, but not too bad. I actually rode this a little without any power which is impressive.

Aesthetics: 9/10. looks awesome. Love the black. Doesn't stand out enough to get stolen but is a very good looking bike.

Noise: 7/10. slight. but supposedly this one is pretty quiet. Not bad at all.

Size: Fits good. I'm 31, 6'0, 175, and purchased a Large

I could not be happier with my first e bike purchase.

IMG_1787.PNG

Night time ride last night (with the flu.) Speed x Elevation. Note 22-24 while going up hills and 27-29 going down.

The Cross Currents are a good looking bike and Tora designed them with the focus on speed rather than hill power. However, if you've been riding a 'regular' bike, any assist on hills feels great. Not a bad ride for a guy with the flu!

Ha. I literally got the flu the day I got this bike and it was killing me to sit around all day, so finally took it for a spin. I agree that it's not optimized for hills but I can ride hills without strain pretty easily. Like you said , coming from a non ebike , the assist feels great. As a commuter, getting to work without killing yourself is nice .

Also, I'm adding the ibera pak rak to the back of my bike using tips from other forums. Pictures to come later today, just need to pick up one screw.

Attached is the bolt I purchased to match the crossed current's threading for the bottom right pak rak mount

Attachments

• IMG_1794.JPG
    IMG_1794.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 663
Looks good, those refurb Cross Currents are hard to beat for the money. You can't really get something similar new for that kind of money that comes with torque sensing and will do 28mph.

I bought the refurb CC too. I was taken back by the rust on brake rotors, BB spindle and some bolts when unpacking the bike. The shipping box was ripped open in a corner. After a good cleaning and riding it for a month, I can say that I'm pleased with choosing this bike with the 10.4 ah battery and throttle because it's great value and a fun ride.

Just ordered the refurbed CC with the 10.4 battery and got an amazing deal on it. Juiced Bikes is awesome; email responses were very speedy and helpful. I can't wait to start riding it! Any recommendations for cleaning? Im thinking of taking it to the LBS to have them give it a tune up/set up, that or the bike collective-you guys find that to be necessary?

I would assemble the bike and ride it. If there are no big issues I'd ride it for a few hundred miles before tuning the bike up. The cables will stretch and require some adjustment so that's why I say wait a little to avoid doing it twice. The hydraulic brakes shouldn't need any adjustment unless they are rubbing.

Back