My battery is stuck won't disconnect!

I have a CrossCurrent S2. Coming up on a year. My second e-bike. Love it. Especially when cruising comfortably in the upper 20mphs. Biggest complaint is seat post shim. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everybody here and NO thanks to Juiced!! 7 business days later and I'm back on the road!! I just rode about 5 miles and everything was fine. Let's see for how long...

My ebike guy did show me the wires they use inside are really thin as well. 52v running through and they use these thin gauage wires.

I actually totally understand the reason for buying locally now. If you're somebody like me with zero mechanical/electrical experience and this happens you can definately be totally screwed buying a bike online without a local shop to service it. Or buying from a company with crap support. I need to sell this thing this company has just pissed me off. I'd rather take my business to a different company. f*ck Juiced Bikes!

Just an fyi... The wire is not sized by voltage, it's sized by current and motor wattage is the determining factor.
They seem to me to be entry level bikes and to expect top quality parts and engineering may be a stretch.
That said the connection point has better off the shelf solutions available and they should be supporting their products.

So great you had a local guy who could work on your bike. Glad that you got it going again. If you secure the battery with a strap of some sort you almost certainly won't need those other two sets of connectors. :)

So much for Tora's proclamation on improving customer support. He's failed in less than a week. He has a backlog of years of issues and I don't think a real desire for customer support or he never would have let it get this bad in the first place. He can't even manage the basics of keeping parts and accessories on-hand. Honestly he seems to have little knowledge of QC and support.

He maybe focusing on these moped models because he has already lost a lot of hits initial commuter customers. I hate to see them go away, but he is sure working hard at making sure that happens.

The truth is though, most e-bikes seem to have too many issues given their simple design. Even buying locally is not helping many people, as the bikes can sit in the shops for months.... it's ridiculous. Now with Covid-19 parts in general are in very short supply, so if bikes were sitting for months before, who knows how long they could be siting in the shop now. I don't want to, but it's required I learn how to maintain my own bikes.

I have a CrossCurrent S2. Coming up on a year. My second e-bike. Love it. Especially when cruising comfortably in the upper 20mphs. Biggest complaint is seat post shim. :rolleyes:
You might want to use an extra strap to secure the battery as preventive maintenance. They apparently made some quality and tolerance improvement on some bikes, but I would not risk it.

I have an RCS, the seat tube shim is so cheesy. The bike is a great bike though, so I put up with the smaller issues. I'me over 2K km in less than a year, I hope to make 2500km for 12 months even though it sat idle for many of the winter months. A lot depends on the weather now.

Just an fyi... The wire is not sized by voltage, it's sized by current and motor wattage is the determining factor.
They seem to me to be entry level bikes and to expect top quality parts and engineering may be a stretch.
That said the connection point has better off the shelf solutions available and they should be supporting their products.

Thanks for clarifying. This guy builds aftermarket ebikes and was trying to show me the difference in the wires that were in the battery and what he uses. This was an older guy and a little out there he seemed to be kind of a hard head and whatever he says goes so I didn’t really take what he said seriously.

I definately understand you get what you pay for I used to run a hobby (RC) shop, lithium batteries, brushed, brushless motors etc obviously I didn’t work on them lol but I learned quite and you get what you pay for definitely applies in the radio controlled industry.

My issue wasn’t about the connectors failing but how they chose to handle the matter. The lack of customer support. This was my issue. The fact that for two different customers to have this issue and they both only mention the battery and not the connector on the bike. The fact they did this same exact thing and say they are going to send a return box for the battery and never did. Same exact scenario with multiple people and then no reply from them.

If they just had responded to this matter appropriately and just mailed me a couple $1 connectors in a timely manner , I would still be supporting Juiced but my issue is entirely on how the company is handling such a critical issue. You can see this screenshot somebody else got treated the exact same way as me. With the exact same response with no outcome.

Attachments

• 5E227E92-F883-4096-8030-47586B8F43AA.jpeg
    5E227E92-F883-4096-8030-47586B8F43AA.jpeg
    816.9 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
So great you had a local guy who could work on your bike. Glad that you got it going again. If you secure the battery with a strap of some sort you almost certainly won't need those other two sets of connectors. :)

So much for Tora's proclamation on improving customer support. He's failed in less than a week. He has a backlog of years of issues and I don't think a real desire for customer support or he never would have let it get this bad in the first place. He can't even manage the basics of keeping parts and accessories on-hand. Honestly he seems to have little knowledge of QC and support.

He maybe focusing on these moped models because he has already lost a lot of hits initial commuter customers. I hate to see them go away, but he is sure working hard at making sure that happens.

The truth is though, most e-bikes seem to have too many issues given their simple design. Even buying locally is not helping many people, as the bikes can sit in the shops for months.... it's ridiculous. Now with Covid-19 parts in general are in very short supply, so if bikes were sitting for months before, who knows how long they could be siting in the shop now. I don't want to, but it's required I learn how to maintain my own bikes.

This is entirely a customer support issue for me as you pointed out. You're right about the local shops too during this time. When my juiced was in the shop last month or so if I didn't go out and order the front brake myself that went bad the shop wouldve just let it sit there for 3-4 months waiting for parts. They sell ebikes too from the known manufacturers and they were telling me the supply chain is seriously effected right now for everything.

Definately do need to be careful even with CCX take a look at my screenshots at this guy on reddit with a CCX is waiting for Juiced to reply since August with melted ports.

I am going to strap the battery. It honestly feels like it's rock solid tight/locked in as it is but maybe it's the microscopic movements doing it so I ordered straps the first set I bought were 14" and it's too short so I am ordering 18" straps now to see if it will work.

Attachments

• 874DA767-885E-4921-AC69-63F047A07EB2.jpeg
    874DA767-885E-4921-AC69-63F047A07EB2.jpeg
    816.9 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
IMG_0232.jpg
"I am going to strap the battery. It honestly feels like it's rock solid tight/locked in as it is but maybe it's the microscopic movements doing it so I ordered straps the first set I bought were 14" and it's too short so I am ordering 18" straps now to see if it will work."

I had some intermittent battery connections issues early on. I salvaged these large Velcro straps and used them for securing the battery. I could not get them real tight so used small wedges under them to tighten them really well. One can buy cedar shake wedges at a lumber supply. They use them for wedging door frame etc.
Never again had a problem with intermittent connection since.

Attachments

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 376
View attachment 65529"I am going to strap the battery. It honestly feels like it's rock solid tight/locked in as it is but maybe it's the microscopic movements doing it so I ordered straps the first set I bought were 14" and it's too short so I am ordering 18" straps now to see if it will work."

I had some intermittent battery connections issues early on. I salvaged these large Velcro straps and used them for securing the battery. I could not get them real tight so used small wedges under them to tighten them really well. One can buy cedar shake wedges at a lumber supply. They use them for wedging door frame etc.
Never again had a problem with intermittent connection since.

Attachments
That's a good solution too, i use rubber strapes that i can get very tight.

Ok full disclosure here. I received a reply from Juiced he confirmed that I would be receiving the lock mechanism (connector on the bike) along with the repaired battery. He also confirmed my warranty ran out in Feb 2020 but they would still honor the warranty and I would NOT have to pay out of pocket for anything.

So Juiced is standing behind the issue and wanting to make it right. I guess this is just the worst time for all this to happen to my bike during covid. Otherwise it seems like everything would have been promptly handled.

I have no use for the warranty though since I already fixed the issue. I just wanted to update here because I started trashing them but in the end they do want to resolve the issue even though I'm out of warranty.

Ok full disclosure here. I received a reply from Juiced he confirmed that I would be receiving the lock mechanism (connector on the bike) along with the repaired battery. He also confirmed my warranty ran out in Feb 2020 but they would still honor the warranty and I would NOT have to pay out of pocket for anything.

So Juiced is standing behind the issue and wanting to make it right. I guess this is just the worst time for all this to happen to my bike during covid. Otherwise it seems like everything would have been promptly handled.

I have no use for the warranty though since I already fixed the issue. I just wanted to update here because I started trashing them but in the end they do want to resolve the issue even though I'm out of warranty.
Sounds good. Let us know if you receive the items.

Sounds good. Let us know if you receive the items.

Well I'm not going to receive anything because I'm not sending my battery back because I already fixed the issue so nothing else for them to do. I just wanted to update the thread that Juiced is standing behind in wanting to resolve the issue. Although I already resolved it myself because I didn't want to wait a month because Juiced is so backed up at this time.

OK I hope juiced sells it. I will have to wait for their support to reply. I wonder if thats the reason my battery is dead or acting all crazy with voltage jumping around and battery meter flashing, because it welded itself and one of the connections is messed up now. It seems like it did weld itself. I suppose it's the Colorado sun I have had a pressure washer attachment weld itself together in the sun out here in one afternoon and I was never able to get it off.

Anyway since it looks like there's no other option here I will prob wait for juiced to reply for the next step but I suppose I'll have to start getting aggressive with it. No other choice but to break it off it seems.

Can anybody tell me which direction you turn the key, clockwise or counter clockwise to unlock the battery? Mine turns both ways will it unlock either way? I forgot but, I don't want to keep trying it if one way is wrong that way I'm not wasting time/energy.

Ever since I got this bike 1.5 yrs ago it's been one thing after another, fix one thing now it's something else. My bike was just in the shop for almost a month getting its front brake replaced and cassette and now not even a week later this happens. but I can't just let it go it's too much fun. It looks like I'm going to have to buy a new bike though and still keep this one and get it going again. Will be good to have two so whenever one is down I can have a backup.

Both of your ports are melting and/or melted together. Juiced Bike's will need to replace down tube locking interface and battery. I had the exact same issue as well as a multitude if people. It is a manufacturing design flaw that Juiced Bike's refuses to fix...:(

Both of your ports are melting and/or melted together. Juiced Bike's will need to replace down tube locking interface and battery. I had the exact same issue as well as a multitude if people. It is a manufacturing design flaw that Juiced Bike's refuses to fix...:(
This issue is resolved, he separated the plugs and replaced them. read above in the thread.

Enough, there is a 'One & Done' solution.
No adjustment or replacement of the stock bi-pin design battery connectors is going to provide full power and not eventually fail. The problem is the connectors just can't handle up to 20 amps without near perfect conditions causing too much resistance and becoming a heating element.

The fix is easy you only need to CUT, STRIP and use a candle. torch, lighter, heat gun heat source to solder and seal the new connections DESIGNED for this use and the same found on your controller and in a vast majority of 30 amp or less ebikes out there.

The finished job will add 3-4 seconds to each disconnect and is rated for 1000 plus uses FULLY exceeding max power needs of any single part of your bike by 2x. Providing consistent power and no heat resistance using the stock 12ga wiring.

This change means removing both existing Juiced stock sockets (I used needle nose pliers to loosen the retaining nut) done safely after removing the 2 fuses in the bottom of your battery before opening the pack.
See the photos and I will provide links to everything required to do this job.
YOU DO THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK!
This will void your warranty.

First remove the fuses shown here!!!!
signal-2020-08-02-065734_006.jpeg

XT60 conversion.jpg

Links to what you need:
Solder seal waterproof butt connectors. We will use the 10-12 awg yellow ones. https://amzn.to/3kZub8s

There are a number of good tutorials on YouTube on how to use these butt connectors. See this video,

4pcs XT60 Plug Male Female Connector with Sheath Housing Connector with 150mm 12AWG Silicon Wire. (same thickness wire used system wide on your Juiced bike)
https://amzn.to/2SePkPy

Want a decent heat gun for this and future projects?
PRULDE N2190 1500W Hot Air Gun. https://amzn.to/2Sd7IIF

I used plain old electrical tape to reduce potential abrasions but that's optional as the silicone wire is pretty tough, and you could eve get some nice nylon wire braid to make it pretty.

I actually replaced my stock bi-pins first and that failed then read a couple examples of wareny replaced sockets failing and decided to do what's detailed above.
Here are picture of that mess.

BIKE pack melt.jpg

signal-2020-07-15-193553_003.jpeg

Got this far huh?
OK here is the place to buy better (Juiced style) bi-pins and the price shipped was around $13. pair https://www.greenbikekit.com/e-bike...TGx_hBKM2E1RyknKQNMwkxzIYwPZmnqxtrVHyRTvBUQjM

Just to update this thread. Juiced has disappointingly NOT followed up on the matter or sent me the return box regarding the battery issue. There has been ZERO response. I have not told them that I fixed the issue myself just to see how they are handling the issue. So take from it what you will. I'm in the market to buy a new rear hub and I wish I could get the CCX but seeing how Juiced is operating these days whether it's covid related or not. I will not continue doing business with this company or buy another bike from them ever again unfortunately.

This past week I finally received an empty return box from juiced to send the defective battery back. Seriously slow is an understatement I guess they are still blaming covid. I don't understand how other bike shops are operating just fine and they are seriously slower than China. Imagine if I was waiting for them this entire time.

I know I am out of warranty and they don't have to help me at all but they are doing the same to people that are in warranty but anyway I'm done with them. I bought a Biktrix Ultra Eagle which arrived to me in like 3 days from Canada. Had some initial issues with setting up but got prompt replies from their support.

These are vibration problems... like those found with the Hailong packs. The stock hard mount connection is just too rigid in this bicycle bouncing around town application.
By using the XT60 you've created a floating connection that is allowed to move freely thus the vibration is dissipated.
Nice out of the box fix.
fyi.. XT30 is more than sufficient current wise and may be easier to work with due to being a little smaller in physical size and easier to tuck away in tight spots.

Thanks to everybody here and NO thanks to Juiced!! 7 business days later and I'm back on the road!! I just rode about 5 miles and everything was fine. Let's see for how long...

My ebike guy did show me the wires they use inside are really thin as well. 52v running through and they use these thin gauage wires.

I actually totally understand the reason for buying locally now. If you're somebody like me with zero mechanical/electrical experience and this happens you can definately be totally screwed buying a bike online without a local shop to service it. Or buying from a company with crap support. I need to sell this thing this company has just pissed me off. I'd rather take my business to a different company. f*ck Juiced Bikes!
I hate to use you as a Guinea Pig but your post caused me to do the following : I coated the terminals with a silicone dielectric paste and also wrap the battery, where the connector is, with a Velcro knee brace. I did this on my R1U 700 also. I'll never put the kind of mileage on my eBike that you have so I'll never know if this works but it makes me 'feel good'. My opinion is that any movement in the terminals, at 52 Volts will cause a spark. Anything you do to eliminate movement is good for sparking.

Last edited:
Back