MXS plastic battery cover durable?

Rmcnelly

Region
USA
I’m considering purchase of the Sondors MXS. Is the plastic battery cover/box durable. Does it rattle at all? I’m concerned it won’t hold up, but I’ve never seen the bike in person.

—Rick

Seems as durable as any plastic. I don't hear any rattle from mine. I'm sure I could break it if I wanted to or laid it down on pointed rock with force.

Welcome to EBR by the way.

I've had mine (first ebike) for a couple of months. I neglected to buy the rack/bag/fender package when I ordered and a week later changed my mind - by that time out of stock. They're supposed to be back in stock soon.

Last edited:
On the old triangular battery box, the plastic wing bolt was very susceptible to having the head break off. I have no idea what the MXS uses. Interestingly the triangular battery box was the only invented and patented part on the originals. And that was a co-owned. There were also issues with newer bikes where the color of the plastic did not match the frame color. Red was especially bad for a while.

Hi RMC, I have a MXS too. The box is VERY durable, including the wing nut. I did have a little rattle initially (forgot about it actually). I fixed it by applying a tiny sliver of clear bra that I used on the rest of the bike to stop the spot that was rattling. I did it on the inside on the ridge so it is unseen.

Back