Mototec Roadster 500w 48v 20-in Fat Tire

daveinsatx

Hello Ebike fans! I am interested in the new Mototec Roadster fat tire Ebike; the one with 500w of power, 48v battery. Anyone know anything or have experience with this one! There is limited info from sellers but it says top speed is 31 mph; I’m wondering if that’s with pedal assist or throttle only? And does it have 5 levels of pedal assist when the motor kicks in on different levels, and its own separate throttle? It looks like a really cool Ebike, but I can’t get specifics from sellers. Any thoughts are appreciated ; thank you!

Attachments

• AAC08E81-9C47-4B4F-9848-6401868E5CB2.png
    AAC08E81-9C47-4B4F-9848-6401868E5CB2.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 241
I wouldn't buy it because i never heard of Mototec, it has a little motor and it appears to have some type of a weird battery pack that could be hard to find after market.

Don’t do it ! I bought a 750w hub drive and am wishing I had purchased at least a 750w mid drive…. Be careful because unless you are already rich you’ll be buying another bike within the next 2 months I promise…. ALSO - I don’t know how big a man you are but 500w is definitely not a big enough motor for a grown man, it’ll putter you around on flat streets but I am very suspect about its claims of doing 30mph. My 750w fat tire cascade cruiser only does 25mph, downhill with the wind on your back ….

For that price you could buy an X-Class 52v, they actually perform as advertised!

Back