Most have seen this review, some have not. This review IS one of the main reasons I decided on Lectric eBikes

Well people like what they like. Either that or he has a financial interest in Lectric bikes being sold.

But I have to say that for me, if I made a fictional list of all the bikes I could have independent of price, this Lectric doesn't even make it into my top 100. Probably it doesn't even make it into my top 250 bikes that I'd like to have.

Personally, I'm a fan of features @ a reasonable price.
not really seeing features. a cheap shock does not do much. a front rack gonna get I the way of folding. if its in your budget then its fine but not if you can have any bike at any price.

Y
not really seeing features. a cheap shock does not do much. a front rack gonna get I the way of folding. if its in your budget then its fine but not if you can have any bike at any price.
I was posting on the original XP eBike. There is no front shock on my XP. No basket or rack in the front to speak of. ANY bike. I'll take that 929RR Repsol.

I have several e bikes. One is an Lectric xp step thru. My 21 yo 5'4" daughter rides it. The Lectric xp is a very versatile bike. It can fit a wide range of riders. It is adjustable and the step thru is approachable for shorter riders and riders with mobility issues. By most accounts it is reliable and their customer service is good. It can go at class 3 speeds and it is very affordable. It is foldable, which appeals to some. I believe it is one of the most popular bikes sold in America in 2020. It is not for everyone and at 65 lbs it is heavy. But it does seem like a lot of bang for your buck especially for someone who has never owned an xp. I believe their 2.0 model just announced will be popular as they made a few changes in response to consumer demand.

I have several e bikes. One is an Lectric xp step thru. My 21 yo 5'4" daughter rides it. The Lectric xp is a very versatile bike. It can fit a wide range of riders. It is adjustable and the step thru is approachable for shorter riders and riders with mobility issues. By most accounts it is reliable and their customer service is good. It can go at class 3 speeds and it is very affordable. It is foldable, which appeals to some. I believe it is one of the most popular bikes sold in America in 2020. It is not for everyone and at 65 lbs it is heavy. But it does seem like a lot of bang for your buck especially for someone who has never owned an xp. I believe their 2.0 model just announced will be popular as they made a few changes in response to consumer demand.
most people that buy e bikes its s fine they don't ride a lot or peddle that much. so it fits and they may not ride it enough to wear it out. but the best part is passing them and rads while going uphill on my bosch powered bike gets my heart racing and gives me a good workout keeping ahead of them using low levels of assist.

most people that buy e bikes its s fine they don't ride a lot or peddle that much. so it fits and they may not ride it enough to wear it out. but the best part is passing them and rads while going uphill on my bosch powered bike gets my heart racing and gives me a good workout keeping ahead of them using low levels of assist.
While it may be fun passing a econobox in a sports car going uphill, it is more fun if you have a secretly souped-up pocket rocket disguised as a beater and passes said sports car. ;)

While it may be fun passing a econobox in a sports car going uphill, it is more fun if you have a secretly souped-up pocket rocket disguised as a beater and passes said sports car. ;)
well my bike does not look too much like a e bike unless your looking closely. but I keep my assist low and get my heart racing. nothing like putting out 400 watts doing so. that will get my heart rate to 150 or 160

For $900 I dont think you can find a better (new) ebike. Put it up against my Vado 4.0, and there's no contest. Even compared to bikes that are $1500-2000, its shortcomings are magnified. I'd say it can punch against brands like Radpower and Ride1up who offer bikes in the $1500 range though, which in and of itself is incredible.

For $900 I dont think you can find a better (new) ebike. Put it up against my Vado 4.0, and there's no contest. Even compared to bikes that are $1500-2000, its shortcomings are magnified. I'd say it can punch against brands like Radpower and Ride1up who offer bikes in the $1500 range though, which in and of itself is incredible.
I know this now. I'd been doing a little research & I REALLY like the new Juiced models. I'd like to check out the Vado as well. I should've edited the OP, except, @ the time it was how I felt on the whole 'current features for a price bargain'. Knowing what I know now really gives a different perspective! Thank's @lloose !

well ya but when you say you would choose a cheap bike over any bike no matter the cost thats a different thing then not being able to afford a better bike.
Thing is, I had $1400 & was thinking I should buy some kind of summer bike to get around campsite etc. Went to the bank, hopped on Lectric eBike website, got the XP, all within a half hour. Lol. @ the time it seemed like the best bike in the world. It's not.

Thing is, I had $1400 & was thinking I should buy some kind of summer bike to get around campsite etc. Went to the bank, hopped on Lectric eBike website, got the XP, all within a half hour. Lol. @ the time it seemed like the best bike in the world. It's not.
ya I test rode a mid drive with a dapu motor seemed great. bought it. then discovered I needed performance and bosch was so much better lighter and took a lot less power to do almost the same. lucky I only lost about 800 selling it.

well ya but when you say you would choose a cheap bike over any bike no matter the cost thats a different thing then not being able to afford a better bike.
There is ALWAYS a nicer bike and ALWAYS someone who will let you know what bike that is. The trick is to find one that you like and stop listening to what other people think about YOUR bike. It helps when companies like Lectric come out with a bike that offers a lot for the money. There will always be someone with a bike that costs 5-10x more than the Lectric reminding you that its not top of the line, let them simmer in their own insecurity.

Back