Moscow plus rims

I was wondering the same thing, but more who makes the rims.
I'm looking to install a different hub and wanted to keep the stock wheel as a spare. Whilst keeping the custom one looking as original as possible.

I was wondering the same thing, but more who makes the rims.
I'm looking to install a different hub and wanted to keep the stock wheel as a spare. Whilst keeping the custom one looking as original as possible.
most rims are black, so it shouldn't be an issue looks wise. Make sure you obviously get the right sized rim. Do keep in mind that depending on the new hub, you will need new spokes as hubs have different diameters. It's better to pay extra and get the person who is selling you the new hub to lace the wheel on a rim.

most rims are black, so it shouldn't be an issue looks wise. Make sure you obviously get the right sized rim. Do keep in mind that depending on the new hub, you will need new spokes as hubs have different diameters. It's better to pay extra and get the person who is selling you the new hub to lace the wheel on a rim.
Thanks. I found some rims and will probably go down the route of lacing them myself. The hub has been donated to me and I have approached serveral bike mechanics who are either stupidly expensive or flat out refuse to do it becuase it is a 1000w hub. The cheapest quote i got was a minimum charge of $650 for labour only, not including parts.
Oh well new skills to learn i guess.

Thanks. I found some rims and will probably go down the route of lacing them myself. The hub has been donated to me and I have approached serveral bike mechanics who are either stupidly expensive or flat out refuse to do it becuase it is a 1000w hub. The cheapest quote i got was a minimum charge of $650 for labour only, not including parts.
That's criminal, the guys at Grin only charge 80 for a wheel build, though that's only an option if you but the motor from them.

they do have a good resource for doing a build yourself. Truing the wheel might be difficult at home, but that shouldn't cost 650 to do.

Wheel build video -

calculate spoke length-

650? who you going to? I had two new wheels all with dt Swiss components built with triple butted spokes for 650 hand built by a master wheel smith.

That's criminal, the guys at Grin only charge 80 for a wheel build, though that's only an option if you but the motor from them.

they do have a good resource for doing a build yourself. Truing the wheel might be difficult at home, but that shouldn't cost 650 to do.

Wheel build video -

calculate spoke length-
I agree ...those are excellent videos. I used them as my guide to lace 2 rims for the 1st time and both worked out well. Grin also is a pretty good source for spokes. They sell quality Sapim spokes and will cut them to the length(s) desired. If you're going to do all the work of lacing, truing, etc., I wouldn't cheap out on spokes. Also order a few more of desired length(s) for spares.

650? who you going to? I had two new wheels all with dt Swiss components built with triple butted spokes for 650 hand built by a master wheel smith.
I'm in Australia btw. I tried 99 bikes who turned me away as I didn't purchase from them.
Tried a mechanic that speciliazes in NCM and got turned away because he stated the bikes can't handle a 1000w motor.
Tried a wheel builder based in Mascot and he showed initial interest then didn't even come back with a quote.
Had another company state that due to insurance their cost would be expensive.

Kinda glad they did, im looking forward at trying my hand a building a wheel

Wheel build video -

calculate spoke length-
Great videos, thanks for the links

Back