Mission Control STUCK on"processing rides", again, again, again

GuruUno

Mission control has been stuck for three days on processing rides.

I've tried two different iPhones, rebooted both iPhones, charged discharged changed batteries on the turbo Vado and I still to this day for the last three days cannot get the mission control app to upload rides whether it be to Strava or even mission control Specialized registers that logs drives.

My research has shown that previous phone calls to specialized indicate they're aware of the problem however, this problem has been acknowledged for more than two years with them saying will fix it soon we are aware of the problem we're going to fix it we're working on it. Yeah, I have no way to be able to catalog and itemize and document the miles that I put on a daily basis other than to see the total mileage that my bike has accumulated since my ownership.

I'm openly annoyed because Specialized threatened me that they would never speak to me again for whatever reason, and I had no authority or privilege to contact or support for any reason whatsoever and had to go through my local bike shop and they would be the conduit to assist me in resolving any issues. However, when you take your bike to a local bike shop and you give them the issues of the inability of the mission control app to be able to upload the ride statistics to either the mission control, specialized cloud, or any associated Strava, Kamut or whatever the bottom line is they don't know they don't care they don't have any higher level of rapport with the specialize I don't care people.

So I'm just sharing my frustrations and experiences because as much as I love my turbo Vado 5.0 and it's the best bike I've ever owned in my entire life. I have to tell you that your support sucks your telephone support sucks the company who knows do they really exist because they don't follow up with people who have issues and if you have more issues than they can handle they get peeved, and they tell you to take a hike don't ever call us again.

Anyway, sorry for the long vent bottom line summary. This post is about mission control being unable to upload any ride statistics to either the specialized cloud or any associated membership clouds like Strava or Kamut.

As I've said, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, it has been documented not only on these forms, but in various other forms that people have had these issues for years and years and years and years and years and years and years, and nothing is done to fix it. Gee I can't wait until the new bikes come out. What are they gonna be like? Sarcasm.

I apologize if the verbiage in this post is a little bit screwed up however I'm tired of typing. My fingers are tired. I've done this multiple times over the past few years and I'm using the built-in voice dictation that's available to me in my iMac with the new operating system, Ventura. Again apologies if the words or mumble did roll together I'm just trying to express my opinion to find out if there are any resolutions from others who have experienced the same problems.

Last edited:
Same here! Mine stopped working with the latest mission control release. That release was to FIX the issue. I wear a Garmin vivoactive watch for other reasons but it tracks my mileage and rides for me. I then use it to upload my stats to runkeeper and Strava. STILL waiting for a fix. Version 3.40 build 135 Android version

One thing I forgot - You cannot upload a .fit file to ride so that your mileage (online) remains accurate. It IS frustrating!

One thing I forgot - You cannot upload a .fit file to ride so that your mileage (online) remains accurate. It IS frustrating!
Correct, because there is no .fit file, the spinning wheel never stops and there is no data to generate a .fit file or any data for record keeping.

I don't use Apple products, but if there is a way to clear the app's cache on your iPhone, give that a try. I had one ride fail to get processed on my Android device: after reading a bit, I just wiped MC cache (not all data, just cached) and have not had a problem since. I do still wipe the cache once a week or so, generally after a ride/after ride has been processed.

I don't use Apple products, but if there is a way to clear the app's cache on your iPhone, give that a try. I had one ride fail to get processed on my Android device: after reading a bit, I just wiped MC cache (not all data, just cached) and have not had a problem since. I do still wipe the cache once a week or so, generally after a ride/after ride has been processed.
Thanks - Something new for me to try.

I tried that today (wiped data/cache for Mission Control), it did allow me to use it and it worked. However, past rides are not anywhere to be found. (the 2=3 that did not register..spinning wheel, so they do have to be in the memory chip on the bike, right?)

I tried that today (wiped data/cache for Mission Control), it did allow me to use it and it worked. However, past rides are not anywhere to be found. (the 2=3 that did not register..spinning wheel, so they do have to be in the memory chip on the bike, right?)
I don't believe so, when I experienced this problem the ride was seemingly lost and never got processed. :(

Still ongoing, after one ride, returns to non-responsive, disconnect Bluetooth on iPhone, works, but doesn't communicate with Strava/Wahoo...it's still all whacked out. I have 2 different devices (iPhones) I've continued to test this on, so if anyone has other opinions......

Had an interesting experience today. Earlier this week, I cleared cache one night, all rides logged since. Rode ~25mi today and upon returning to my truck, Mission Control did not process the ride, so I cussed.

I also have the Specialized Ride app on my phone. I do not use it when riding, just look at rides on occasion while having a beer. Lo and behold, today's ride was in the Ride app/online before I loaded up and headed home. Re-opened MC, the ride was in it too!

This may not help, but it's an interesting anecdote/data point. No idea wtf is going on as I clearly had internet access via 4G in the parking lot. Maybe also install the Ride app?

Back