“Many things have been thrown away that we could have used.” - eBike24/Brose

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
If you are interested in recycling eBike motors, this blog post on eBike24.com might be of interest.

The development away from the patterns of a throwaway society towards a community in which used things do have value has long permeated many areas of our lives. So far, ebikes have not necessarily been considered a prime example of this trend. But the industry is gradually changing. For example, Brose was the first German drive manufacturer to launch a series remanufacturing process for old drive systems in 2021. The project is headed up by Vincent Bahar at the company’s headquarters in Berlin. In an exclusive interview with Elektrfahrrad24, he explains what this more efficient use of resources looks like, what limits it currently still faces and what is still needed for a wider acceptance of remanufactured ebike components.

Have yet to either melt or wear out an ebike motor, but have burned up half a dozen controllers in 9 years. Those cannot be re-used.

As for batteries, I have several that I'll never use, but regardless of what Call2Recycle claims on their websites, the local bikeshops only take brand name batteries, and I don't blame them, I wouldn't take a no-name pack either.

Back