man found these guys local.

fooferdoggie

found them at river city bicycles a portland boutique bike store. but their idea of test riding a bike is riding around the parking lot.

found them at river city bicycles a portland boutique bike store. but their idea of test riding a bike is riding around the parking lot.
You made me interested. I went in serial.eu portal to find out there is only a tiny collection of technical data (a single web page for all four models!) and a Dealer Locator. The next dealers are in Czech Republic and Slovakia. Meanwhile, Poland is full of Specialized stores with many superior models, often at lower price than these offered by Serial 1. And you can demo ride a Spec e-bike for a day.

You made me interested. I went in serial.eu portal to find out there is only a tiny collection of technical data (a single web page for all four models!) and a Dealer Locator. The next dealers are in Czech Republic and Slovakia. Meanwhile, Poland is full of Specialized stores with many superior models, often at lower price than these offered by Serial 1. And you can demo ride a Spec e-bike for a day.
they carry specialized (sure thats why they have these) but with only parking lot riding what's the point? not sure if I would buy such a new bike till all the bigs are reviewed.

they carry specialized (sure thats why they have these) but with only parking lot riding what's the point? not sure if I would buy such a new bike till all the bigs are reviewed.
I really don't want to bash Serial 1 e-bikes but what's the point to buy a Brose motor e-bike with generic electronics if you can get a Brose motor e-bike with premium electronics cheaper or at the same price?

FYI, Serial 1 Rush/CTY costs EUR5300, and the Specialized Vado 5.0 2022 is EUR5200 (similar motor and battery size).

I really don't want to bash Serial 1 e-bikes but what's the point to buy a Brose motor e-bike with generic electronics if you can get a Brose motor e-bike with premium electronics cheaper or at the same price?

FYI, Serial 1 Rush/CTY costs EUR5300, and the Specialized Vado 5.0 2022 is EUR5200 (similar motor and battery size).
cause it has the name on it? no clue.

Last edited:

I owned the Specialized Turbo Creo and is was very fun but like the Serial 1, it is limited in it's use case. I wanted a fast, long range on-road/off-road ebike and the R&M Delite GX full suspension pedelec is the perfect long distance combo road/trail ebike.

For me, the Serial 1 is the perfect hop on, no shiting hence little to no maintenance ebike. I ride it more conservatively on rides with my wife on her ebike. It is also the quietest ebike ever and the is the one I prefer for traveling via bike rack along with her very Euro Blix Aveny. Perhaps the most important feature for me of the Serial 1 is the sizing. Being tall, I got the XL frame size and the fit geometry is better than any other bike I've owned including the XL Turbo Creo. The build quality is excellent (Specialized level or better), it has no visible wires, is comfortable and handels great for a bike this size and weight.

Yeah, you could call me a fan boy of this wonderful, somewhat unique ebike. Well done Harley Davidson!

Back