Making of Juiced Riders

Very nice video.

They just released their model and supposedly, it has the largest battery on any E-bike (48V, 32Ah) 1536 Whr !!!!
Tora (owner) seems very committed to building quality products and we are bringing couple of their models.

Very nice video.

They just released their model and supposedly, it has the largest battery on any E-bike (48V, 32Ah) 1536 Whr !!!!
Tora (owner) seems very committed to building quality products and we are bringing couple of their models.
Which new(er?) model has the 32ah battery...these guys are advertising 22ah here: http://www.juicedriders.com
They also advertise Samsung cells on one page and Panasonic on the other. If one could read Chinese I suppose that one could determine what cells were used in the video on their test rack. From what I can see (for utility purposes) it would be a bike that I would buy given the features you don't see elsewhere right now.

Last edited:
Which new(er?) model has the 32ah battery...these guys are advertising 22ah here: http://www.juicedriders.com
They also advertise Samsung cells on one page and Panasonic on the other. If one could read Chinese I suppose that one could determine what cells were used in the video on their test rack. From what I can see (for utility purposes) it would be a bike that I would buy given the features you don't see elsewhere right now.

Good point about the batteries. Not sure if their webpage is updated or not.
We have the dealer booklet here and I see it is Samsung 18650 cells.

They just launched their new model T500S and comes with 48V, 32Ah battery !! ( 1.5KWhr battery pack on an E-bike is very impressive).
The current model also has little over 1KWhr of juice.

It was also interesting to see different hydroformed frames. Their new frame has embedded struts unlike other hydroformed frames [picture] and can carry upto 375lbs of rider + cargo. Above all, their price point is really good. We thoroughly inspected the product and it is very well done.

ODK frame.JPG

Thanks for the pic...those are the things that sell me along with the video actually showing at least a little of how they manufacture them and what the factory looks like. While realizing that they produce more bikes than anywhere on the planet (by far) I had no concept of what an average factory might look like.

Hi Everyone:
Did you folks take the time to watch the full 2.5 Hrs Long form video they have on their website ? It shows a delivery guy supposedly peddling up a very steep mountain. (Does not look too steep in video ! It looks like a gradual incline to me). It shows the bikes incredible wet weather capabilities, but I have to say - If one of our employees was caught driving like this guy does in the video, then we would be forced to fire him on the spot ! If you ever have the time to sit there for 2.5 hrs, and just watch the battery last and last and also watch this chap drive ! Un beeeeeeeleeeeeeevable !

Hi Everyone:
Did you folks take the time to watch the full 2.5 Hrs Long form video they have on their website ? It shows a delivery guy supposedly peddling up a very steep mountain. (Does not look too steep in video ! It looks like a gradual incline to me). It shows the bikes incredible wet weather capabilities, but I have to say - If one of our employees was caught driving like this guy does in the video, then we would be forced to fire him on the spot ! If you ever have the time to sit there for 2.5 hrs, and just watch the battery last and last and also watch this chap drive ! Un beeeeeeeleeeeeeevable !
Yes! I must admit that I DID watch the full 2.5 hour video. (I know,) I should probably get a life! LOL. But I think that epic video is what ultimately "sold me" on the bike and the brand. The driver (unless I'm badly mistaken) was none other than Tora Harris, the owner of the company Juiced Riders, and he is the principle designer of the bike being tested in the video. The fact that he was out there risking life and limb in Chinese traffic in a freaking monsoon, driving the blazes out of that bike, pushing to find it's limit, spoke volumes to me of his dedication to excellence and personal investment and trust that he puts in his product! Tora, you're my e bike hero!

Tora is a great guy. He is really passionate about what he is doing. The latest specs on V3 ODK is just outstanding.
I mean where else can you find 48V 32Ah battery at that price point?

In my book, Tora wins big time. I am getting the long range version of this bike as soon as it comes out.

Well, I didn't know who "The driver guy" actually was, and I did already state for the record I thought the video proved an electric bike could stand heavy rain and big puddles, etcetera. The ODK Bike is the first and only bike I have ever seen tested in this manner, including the suicidal driving ;) Even $10,000.00 US racing bikes do not get this type of treatment on camera. I also think their choice to use the newer high torque wound Bafang 500 WATT performance Hub motor with what must be a Hot programmed custom controller to be a powerful and winning combination (y)

Yes! I must admit that I DID watch the full 2.5 hour video. (I know,) I should probably get a life! LOL. But I think that epic video is what ultimately "sold me" on the bike and the brand. The driver (unless I'm badly mistaken) was none other than Tora Harris, the owner of the company Juiced Riders, and he is the principle designer of the bike being tested in the video. The fact that he was out there risking life and limb in Chinese traffic in a freaking monsoon, driving the blazes out of that bike, pushing to find it's limit, spoke volumes to me of his dedication to excellence and personal investment and trust that he puts in his product! Tora, you're my e bike hero!

Well, I didn't know who "The driver guy" actually was, and I did already state for the record I thought the video proved an electric bike could stand heavy rain and big puddles, etcetera. The ODK Bike is the first and only bike I have ever seen tested in this manner, including the suicidal driving ;) Even $10,000.00 US racing bikes do not get this type of treatment on camera. I also think their choice to use the newer high torque wound Bafang 500 WATT performance Hub motor with what must be a Hot programmed custom controller to be a powerful and winning combination (y)

The "driver guy" is none other than Tora Harris, a Princeton graduate, Olympian, 5-time All American and NCAA champion.

Here is his Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tora_Harris

I would also like to add you should pay very close attention to the bottom frame line of that 2 hr video....He's peddling just about *all* of the time.

I propose a *New 2 hr video. This time. One shot on a sunny day of the same man riding the same bike up the same mountain. This time Mr. Harris does not peddle the bike even once !

Hi Riders:
Tora sent me a link to this Seattle, Wa hill climb with version 3 of the ODK bike :) There's a point about mid way into the video where the guy hits a slightly more than 16 % hill incline and the rider says he has to peddle, but frankly, I don't realistically expect any E-bike with a 500 Watt Hub motor to climb a mountain that steep ! Anything after 15 % is no longer a hill - It's a mountain really !! I am amazed to see the natural, sheer, hill climbing torque of the ODK Version 3 !! Incredible really !! Very exciting to see this type of performance in a road E-Bike. Just incredible !! Check out the video at

Hi Riders:
Tora sent me a link to this Seattle, Wa hill climb with version 3 of the ODK bike :) There's a point about mid way into the video where the guy hits a slightly more than 16 % hill incline and the rider says he has to peddle, but frankly, I don't realistically expect any E-bike with a 500 Watt Hub motor to climb a mountain that steep ! Very exciting to see this type of performance in a road E-Bike. Just incredible !! Check out the video at

Great stuff!
I spoke to Tora about this and asked him why he chose Bafang BPM while there are better motors. I am sure he will upgrade the motor in the coming years.

Hi Ravi:
The new Bafang BPM torque Hub motor with hot controller settings is supposed to be a very much improved series of these 500 Watt production motors ?? Bafang makes a whole series of what look like identical 500 Watt Hub motors, but have much different windings and characteristics. Some are wound for higher top speeds, but have lower torque on hills, while others have super high torque, but lower top end speed. There's the new *super 500 Watt,* which has both windings, planetary gear set, and something else allowing you to hot control it with much more current ! I don't have any knowledge of the exact version on the ODK version 3, but I'm sure it's a premium version.

The new Bafang BPM torque Hub motor with hot controller settings is supposed to be a very much improved series of these 500 Watt production motors ?? Bafang makes a whole series of what look like identical 500 Watt Hub motors . . .

All gibber-jabber to me :). If you think it's a good motor, that's what I want. And I did watch the Seattle hill climb video. Very impressive.

Hi Jim:
The performance is all in the details of how the controller is programmed to operate the hub motor and which version of the Bafang BPM hub motor is being used. These subtle differences can have a large impact on the overall performance of the ODK ;)

Hi Jim:
The performance is all in the details of how the controller is programmed to operate the hub motor and which version of the Bafang BPM hub motor is being used. These subtle differences can have a large impact on the overall performance of the ODK ;)
Well, knowing Tora and his pursuit of perfection, I'm pretty sure that whenever an equipment upgrade or improvement comes down the pipeline, he'll immediately incorporate it into the bikes he sells.

Hi Riders:
Tora sent me a link to this Seattle, Wa hill climb with version 3 of the ODK bike :) There's a point about mid way into the video where the guy hits a slightly more than 16 % hill incline and the rider says he has to peddle, but frankly, I don't realistically expect any E-bike with a 500 Watt Hub motor to climb a mountain that steep ! Anything after 15 % is no longer a hill - It's a mountain really !! I am amazed to see the natural, sheer, hill climbing torque of the ODK Version 3 !! Incredible really !! Very exciting to see this type of performance in a road E-Bike. Just incredible !! Check out the video at

Funny to see my video posted here, as EBR was a good source of info when I was thinking of which bike to buy.

To clarify what Mark said, the only incline on which I had to pedal is actually a 26% grade and is the steepest paved block in the city, according to the Seattle DOT. It's the hill at 20:27 in the video. The grade on the video's data overlay isn't to be trusted, as it's going off of GPS data from the ride and has a fair margin of error.

There are a few other blocks in that video with ~16% grade on which I got up just fine without peddling, albeit a bit slowly. That 26% grade hill is the only hill I've encountered in this hilly city which I have to help out with peddling.

Back