Making of Juiced Riders

Tora is a great guy. He is really passionate about what he is doing. The latest specs on V3 ODK is just outstanding.
I mean where else can you find 48V 32Ah battery at that price point?

In my book, Tora wins big time. I am getting the long range version of this bike as soon as it comes out.
Do you have your 32Ah ODK yet? Would be cool to see a video review as I cannot test ride one before buying (no dealers with stock in Minnesota). Cheers!

Yes, I got the 32Ah . . . I think it was in October last year. The bike is still just as fun to ride as day one. I re-purposed a child's bike trailer for it and made something I can haul huge amounts of groceries on. But since then I've added Juiced Bike's front and rear "combat" baskets, so for most of my shopping, I don't even need the trailer anymore. I also got the Cycle Analyst and the Grin battery charger.

Do you have your 32Ah ODK yet? Would be cool to see a video review as I cannot test ride one before buying (no dealers with stock in Minnesota). Cheers!

Funny you ask that.
I have been working at a E-bike store and I have every E-bike at my disposal.
Some days I use ST2-S and some other days, I use Juiced ODK. I love how sturdy this ODK is. Simple but powerful.
I was having dinner when you message popped up in my inbox, so I took this picture.
Ravi at Novanta.JPG

Funny you ask that.
Some days I use ST2-S and some other days, I use Juiced ODK. I love how sturdy this ODK is. Simple but powerful.
I was having dinner when you message popped up in my inbox, so I took this picture.
View attachment 6217
I like the passenger seat--very cool!

"I like the passenger seat--very cool!"
@Jim W did you watch the latest ODK review with 240# Sam 'driving' and 135# @Court riding 'shotgun' while holding onto those mini-bars? A bit of the 'Bear riding a bike at the Circus' but quite impressive even so.

@Ravi Kempaiah, please watch those backpack straps!

did you watch the latest ODK review with 240# Sam 'driving' and 135# @Court riding 'shotgun' while holding onto those mini-bars? A bit of the 'Bear riding a bike at the Circus' but quite impressive even so.
Yes I did. The last time I spoke with the folks at Juiced Bikes, the moped tires were still "top secret." Now that they're putting them on all their ODKs, I'm sort of looking forward to that upgrade when my tires finally give out.

Funny you ask that.
View attachment 6217
Ravi, the picture is appreciated! That's encouraging that you ride it when you have others you could choose from! I like the grey color as well but also think the matte blue looks pretty nice - my other bike is blue so I may keep everything matching.

Question about the seat setup - how easy is it to swap between a cargo setup and a second seat setup? Would be nice to have the option to do both for me - carry the wife on the weekends and carry cargo to the office during the week. And how comfortable have your passengers been riding in the back?

Cheers

Ravi, the picture is appreciated! That's encouraging that you ride it when you have others you could choose from! I like the grey color as well but also think the matte blue looks pretty nice - my other bike is blue so I may keep everything matching.

Question about the seat setup - how easy is it to swap between a cargo setup and a second seat setup? Would be nice to have the option to do both for me - carry the wife on the weekends and carry cargo to the office during the week. And how comfortable have your passengers been riding in the back?

Cheers

Ian,
I just tried to change the passenger seat and found that it is not easy. it is bolted on and takes quite a bit of work.
A better solution would be use Thule cargo basket that can be easily swapped with Yepp child seat. Take a look at the attached pic.
ODK_U500_V3_Thule.jpeg

Ian,
I just tried to change the passenger seat and found that it is not easy. it is bolted on and takes quite a bit of work.
A better solution would be use Thule cargo basket that can be easily swapped with Yepp child seat. Take a look at the attached pic.
View attachment 6223
Thanks Ravi. In that case, one option might be to get the seat and keep it on all the time, and instead of a basket use some pannier bags for rear storage. I'm wondering if the foot places would interfere with the panniers and make them site at a weird angle? If those were easy to remove maybe I would just switch those out when not using the seat. I could also maybe bungee cord a smaller basket on top of the seat to use in addition to the panniers and front basket if needed.

Also, I doubt my wife would fit in the child seat :)

I went today while traveling in Columbus Ohio to test ride a Cross Current. Afterwards the shop owner allowed me to ride the ODK. I was extremely impressed with how easy to ride this bike is. You just hop on a take off. I could honestly say if this thing is sitting in your garage you would favor it over a car to run to the store. I would have never guessed... I fall into the category of "you know nothing John Snow"!

Shout out to Orbit City bikes

Anyway I was very impressed with both of the @Tora Harris bikes.

If these are on your radar don't hesitate.

Last edited:
@grench there's something inherently user friendly about 20" tires on ebikes
I think it is the radius from tire OD to axle length. You don't have to dismount to reach the ground. The low step through is great for us stiff people who have a hard time raising our legs. Also the low center of gravity makes this bike very stable. If this bike had a torque sensor verses a throttle I would probably add it too my heard.

The 20" wheel size allows us to make the step-over section as wide as possible. The entire downtube is extruded like a wagon wheel pasta so you get back a lot of strength.

A slightly larger wheel size like 22"-23" is more ideal, but you run into tire availability issues. 20" is nice since you can run moped tires which are rated to like 60+ mph. Many cargo bikes have now gone to the smaller 20" rear wheel.

The 20" wheels gets the wheelbase wider, while the overall length of the bike is the same as a normal bicycle. However you gain much more rack payload capacity over a normal bike with just a standard rear rack.

Also more of the payload is carried in front of the rear axle so you have more stabilizing effect. It is about as compact as you can get and still carry a rear passenger comfortably.

We worked hard to make the seat post to go as low as possible so shorter riders can easily use the bike. This means the battery could not go behind the seat tube so it goes under the rack. The height of the battery is exactly enough to contain the 18650 cells standing up. The large space provides for lots of cells so you can get up to 1.5 kWh (48V x 32Ah) without using really fancy cells.

Last edited:
My ODK is over at Juiced Bikes right now getting the front tire replaced with one of those highfalutin moped tires. I'll have to wait on the rear tire because it's almost brand new. I can't wait to get the bike back. The semester has started down at the community college, and the parking situation is impossible there. It's nice to be able to ride up to the classroom door, and even bring it into the classroom.

I got the moped front tire, and have been riding on it for a week now. I don't notice any difference in handling or speed, but I am much more confident knowing that they're not going to have to be replaced for a long, long time. They're Shinko SR714, and they require 33psi.

Back