M-350 A vs. M-340 etrike

Kerrith

Region
USA
Update; 1/16/23

Since posting I bought another etrike, an Addmotor M-340, for spare parts. Parts to Hawaii can take a long time.

Significant differences between the M-350 A and the newer M-340 (I have no idea why the later improved model is a lower model number).

1) The battery connections are different. The batt for the M-350 A does not fit the M-340. The way the batt affixes to the M-340 is also different so even if the connections were the same the batts are not interchangeable. :=(
2) The diameter of the seat posts are different so they are not interchangeable.
3) The M-350 A batt is 17ah, the M-340 batt is 20ah. I.e. longer distance with no pedaling.
4) The M-340 has a horn, directionals, a brake light and a lower step through to mount the etrike.
5) The key for the M-340's batt is used only for removing the batt from the etrike.*
6) The way to turn on the batt is to press a button on the M-340 batt for three seconds and the blue.
power indicator LEDs light. The problem is the LEDs are hard to see because the seat is in the way.
7) The assembly video shows a longer Allen wrench to tighten the handle bar. The included shorter one doesn't allow for as much torque and it isn't long enough to adjust the brake pads. Twice the handle bars for both the M-350 A and the M-340 required re-tightening.
8) 1/4" around the holes for fastening the fenders have started to bubble indicating rust. I think they drilled the holes after painting the fenders so the holes didn't get a coat of paint.
9) The chrome on the shock absorbers has already started to rust.
10) The black paint on the rims and spokes have started to chip/peal.
11) The starting torque for the M-340 is noticeably faster; it requires a very gradual twist to start, else the tire spins. The top speed 20 mph appears to be the same for both.

* This means that someone could easily steal the etrike.

Even knowing the above I bought the M-340 because I like the etrike so much.

Emails to the sales department work. Chelsea has been very helpful.

Update: 2/24/23 The M-340 has been working perfectly. Again, the batt's blue LEDs are hard to see in the daylight under the seat; also, the On/Off button on the batt is small and hard to press and hold for arthritic fingers.

Last edited:
Back