Luna

Jed

Has anyone tried to deal with Luna cycle and been satisfied with the level of support? I am not at all pleased with their service or effort in resolving issues with the roam fusion. My rad power bike for 1/2 the price kicks its ass for reliability and customer service.

I’ve never purchased anything from them, but the video that Court released earlier this year featuring Eric Hicks speaks volumes about why they structure their warranty the way they do. I gather the type of clientele they cater to are the type that can diagnose and fix issues as they arise.

Did you purchase the warranty on your Roam Fusion?

I didn't purchase the warranty, my bad I guess. I've dealt with Rad and the shop previously with minor issues and they have taken care of them without having to submit trouble tickets and waiting for help at their convenience

I took delivery of it November 6th 2017 ,I have 2 other e bikes that I use to commute with on rotation ride about 3500 miles per year.

Is the Roam Fusion your primary commute bike? We have similar setups, a couple of different ebikes in rotation keeps it interesting. Any specific issues that your Fusion is having?

On my way to work it just died , would not start back up. Checked all connections that I could see at 5:00 am they were fine, tried it again after hauling it home still nothing. I then plugged in the charger and bike and it ran fine. I had charged it the night before to 90% and was about 2 miles into my commute. I have taken it out just around town a few times trying to replicate the problem but it has ran fine. Just not confident enough in it for the work commute. I'll stick with the haibike and rad.

Sounds like controller issue.

Rad builds bikes of same mid-low quality parts as Luna. Whenever problems arise, Rad sends you a new part, though they do this rather promptly.

You're right Alex, I think the difference for an old fart like me is being able to talk to a human closer to the source than a sub contractor that just wants to make himself feel smart and the customer an idiot.

On my way to work it just died , would not start back up. Checked all connections that I could see at 5:00 am they were fine, tried it again after hauling it home still nothing. I then plugged in the charger and bike and it ran fine. I had charged it the night before to 90% and was about 2 miles into my commute. I have taken it out just around town a few times trying to replicate the problem but it has ran fine. Just not confident enough in it for the work commute. I'll stick with the haibike and rad.
The BBSHD has controller issues, like nearly every Bafang mid. Sometimes it's really easy. Some models used Andersn connectors for the control to motor. They sometimes come loose. Check those. Also check and confirm battery voltage, probably OK, but test. I not solved look to the other possibilities. Can be a display problem. Can be a wiring issue, or a throttle. Send me a message if I can help. Those guys expect YOU to sort it. And as usual the excuse every spring is that they are very busy. I'm sorry you are having this experience.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 1.32.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 1.32.53 PM.png
    502.6 KB · Views: 327
The BBSHD has controller issues, like nearly every Bafang mid. Sometimes it's really easy. Some models used Andersn connectors for the control to motor. They sometimes come loose. Check those. Also check and confirm battery voltage, probably OK, but test. I not solved look to the other possibilities. Can be a display problem. Can be a wiring issue, or a throttle. Send me a message if I can help. Those guys expect YOU to sort it. And as usual the excuse every spring is that they are very busy. I'm sorry you are having this experience.

Thomas
Thank you, I am electronically and mechanically challenged, the picture shows the bbhd taken apart is that correct? If so I will put it up on the work bench and tear into it. Thanks again.

Thomas
Thank you, I am electronically and mechanically challenged, the picture shows the bbhd taken apart is that correct? If so I will put it up on the work bench and tear into it. Thanks again.
It shows the connectors on the controller. The type are Anderson. The first BBSHD came using them. Sometimes they had poor connections and were intermittent, other times one completely unplugged kept th3 system from starting up.

It shows the connectors on the controller. The type are Anderson. The first BBSHD came using them. Sometimes they had poor connections and were intermittent, other times one completely unplugged kept th3 system from starting up.
So today I took it out the volts read 55 on the first part of the ride, going home was uphill and when the voltage under load dropped somewhere around 50 volts it shut down on me 4 times just getting to the top of the street. Is this a battery problem or controller issue? This is the second time this situation has occurred. Luna said to balance charge the battery pack, but never gave me any high or low perimeters for the fusion. Frustration is a bad thing as is lack of support. Thomas thanks again for your advice.

Had the same thing happen... BBS02. Contacted the dealer, BafangUSAdirect, and received a super prompt reply (1hour response). This was the fix they provided - worked!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with your kit! Thanks for sending us a message with detailed information regarding the problem. We really appreciate it.

It sounds like the issue is coming from the connection between the battery and the mount. Please follow these steps in order to (hopefully) remedy the issue:

1. Turn your whole system off and remove the battery.

2. Once the battery is removed try and turn on your Bafang motor with the power button (though the motor won't power on because there is no battery it should use any residual power in the system so it doesn't spark when you fix the connection).

3. Once this has been done, use a pair of pliers to tweak/ squeeze the two outside male prong connectors on your battery mount inwards to make sure that your battery has a good solid connection with the mount.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We want to get you up and enjoying the ride ASAP!

Thanks!
Mari
BafangUSAdirect

Jeez, they all sell the funky blade connector Hailong cases! If the above is the solution, consider some silicon on the back side of the receiving slot, to create some back pressure. Also, those connectors really do need ACF50 or Boeshield treatments every 6 months or so. They corrode and fry too.

Back