Luna Folder? Whaa?

How tall are you?
I am 5‘6“ and like the smaller bikes for handling in general, lifting etc.

I have taken a fall off a folder but same with the big bikes, I’m more likely to drop a big heavy bike than any of my little ones or 20 inch fats

How tall are you?
I am 5‘6“ and like the smaller bikes for handling in general, lifting etc.

I have taken a fall off a folder but same with the big bikes, I’m more likely to drop a big heavy bike than any of my little ones or 20 inch fats
5’11”
I’ve been riding all flat foot frames since 2009. Longer wheelbase and very different fork rake, IME.
That is likely the reason I find folders to have much more responsive steering. Add narrow handlebars after riding wide cruiser bars and it’s just not my cuppa.

I have a harder time mounting a folder then I do with my step though. But that’s the result of my bum legs.

I see Maui Waui commented but I don’t ever bother reading the blather.

clown pedaling
My favorite! My physical therapist at The Mayo Clinic tells me that even clown pedaling has a positive effect on keeping my legs moving. Degenerative spinal disease and severely arthritic joints benefit from the movement, even without resistance. Me? I say live and let live. We're all different there is no right or wrong way to ride. The reason I stay out of brand threads is simply that I can'toffer any positive advice. AND I dislike the factory direct model in a majority of factory direct sellers.

Got the LUNA ECLIPSE FOLDING BIKE as promised. Luna communication and delivery time was perfect. It’s a fat little rascal. I am getting used to fat tires and bulk but it’s fun.
PAS 0. It rides like a normal bike but in mud
PAS 1 This is better but still a good workout. 10.
PAS 2 This seems like a very casual cadence and is good for around 10 miles an hour
PAS 3 This seems to be the sweet spot with a normal cadence but you’re going pretty fast. Generally this is around 15 to 17 mph.
I didn’t really try four or five because I just don’t need that and my legs can’t go that fast. The throttle is very responsive and fun. I put a cloud nine seat on it so it’s kind of like a fat cruiser. I felt like my wrist got pretty numb pretty fast because it is a very BMX style bike and I am 70 years old. The cadence sensor seems to be tuned well but I only can compare it to a few RAD bikes. The folding mechanism works pretty well in the bike to seem to be well-made. The delivery was good but the box was a little beat up. Nothing bad.
Overall I would say Luna has a good product and so far very good communication with questions. I compare this to a Lectric XP and this just seems much more sophisticated product. Granted it’s more expensive but I would say Luna has a good product and so far very good communication. Compared to Lectric it’s $400 more but with the belt drive, brand name brakes and LG CELLS it seems worth it. The bars seem way better than the normal folds bars on Lectric style bikes.

Attachments

• F4F2E49C-0DE1-4330-B022-19599CC4604A.jpeg
    F4F2E49C-0DE1-4330-B022-19599CC4604A.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
After 50 miles,I can say
Love it but it’s a big hoss. Feel like a tank until you get rolling. Very solid compared,to an XP
Climbs hills better than expected. pas4 rips up a steep hill
Getting 40 miles on a charge, it I pedal. PAS 3 is the sweet,spot
Front rack easily installs
Belt drive is silent and much better than expected.
Full suspension is good but don’t have a spring seat as well. Too bouncy
Good quality but the display could be more intuitive. Range and SOC are always blank. Display menus could be way better.
PAS levels could use tweaking.
PAS1 worthless
Pas2 ok for parking lot circles
PAS3 sweet spot but,requires rapid cadence. 16 mph
PAS4 5 only good for climbing.
The cadence sensor works great
Full review coming. For $1395 it’s a deal.

Last edited:
Comments. 1 it climbs way better than expected. 2 no rattles. Very solid 3 the BMX bars are superior to the XP type. If you watch them coming toward you it’s a fight compared to the Eclipse smoothness. 4 the belt drive is great. Gears and grease not missed. 5 great value for $1395. 6 the Luna forum is very helpful.

Had my Eclipse for 6 mo. now and got her pretty tricked out. This awesome fun bike can go anywhere, eats hills and the way I got her set up she's a super plush ride. Very nimble and goes 25 mph on the throttle for first half of the 14 ah battery. Impressive in person, where the machined and polished frame welds and the cable tunnel add to its beefy good looks. It's about double the original cost to get one lookin like mine, but I couldn't be happier with my ride!

Attachments

• IMG_2076.jpg
    IMG_2076.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
Had my Eclipse for 6 mo. now and got her pretty tricked out. This awesome fun bike can go anywhere, eats hills and the way I got her set up she's a super plush ride. Very nimble and goes 25 mph on the throttle for first half of the 14 ah battery. Impressive in person, where the machined and polished frame welds and the cable tunnel add to its beefy good looks. It's about double the original cost to get one lookin like mine, but I couldn't be happier with my ride!
Looks great! Where did you get the fenders?

Speedyebike.com. they are in Italy, took about 2 weeks, about $90 total, 20" x 4.0 on their website. Awesome steel fenders, matte finish, strong, light, and mount holes fit the Eclipse rear with a bracket. I made mine, a modified L bracket.
IMG_1853 (1).jpg

Speedyebike.com. they are in Italy, took about 2 weeks, about $90 total, 20" x 4.0 on their website. Awesome steel fenders, matte finish, strong, light, and mount holes fit the Eclipse rear with a bracket. I made mine, a modified L bracket.
View attachment 145512
Nice I think I may get one. I wish luna still had the little folder mid-drive they offered for $1800 bbs02 and the 13.4 ah shark pack

It's about double the original cost to get one lookin like mine, but I couldn't be happier with my ride!
So Luna will do a special order brushed (and clearcoated?) finish with contrasting ti bolts like that? That fender mount is from them or did you fab that yourself? It looks gorgeous.

The clearcoat frame is stock. they come in black or silver. They are awesome right out of the box, but pretty basic, and mine has come a long way from basic- in effort and $!

Attachments

• IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    921.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 110
I have almost 900 miles on mine. One brake adjustment. Well made and trouble free. It’s a hooligan bike. Love it m

tires are super 73 bdgr- badgers, and I'm running the thinn stem from flatten your bike, rigged up to remove from frame instead of just turn flat to frame. If your interested in the Eclipse, you should check out their forum. I have many posts there on modding my ride. Lunacycles.com - forum

I have almost 900 miles on mine. One brake adjustment. Well made and trouble free. It’s a hooligan bike. Love it m
How is it up steep inclines? I would like to get one but if it doesn't make it up the hill behind my house it would go on craigslist for sale.
I had a bbs02 on a folding bike that climbed really well. I heard the luna folder climbs well too for a rear hub motor.

Back