Love my Allant+7 BUT...

Dallant

Region
USA
Ok folks, time to send some thoughts/messages to Trek about this bike, specifically what they need to fix/change about it! Actually some of this could apply to the whole Allant lineup.
My list:
  1. Trek needs a more a la carte options list approach to their lineup. For instance, the +7 needs a couple of stem options, controller options, and tire options.
  2. The 625 battery should be an option too!
  3. I wanted to buy an Allant+7 in a Stagger frame for my wife. Not available yet the other Allant do offer it. Why? They have exactly the same frame as the +8.
  4. In a related matter, my only other option is the +7 low cut frame which DOES NOT OFFER THE RANGE BOOST YET COSTS EXACTLY THE SAME! This is just bs IMHO.
  5. One color? I like the Nautical Navy but really?
  6. +7 needs a more complete light system with brake light/blinking/ bright-dim capabilities.
  7. C’mon Trek, this is a $3600 bike! Don’t force me to buy a bike I’m immediately going to have to replace parts like the seat post on. Offer options (Or at least option packages like cars do, like a ‘+7 Limited’!) and make more money on the front end.

It was actually a selling point for me
20200904_150214.jpg

It was actually a selling point for meView attachment 65015
I tried this same version of Allaint 7 Yesterday : You know you can't get that quill stem option any longer ?: Bummer because it was a Nice riding Bike : This place had a Huge warehouse : 80 Yards long for test riding : I was disappointed to discover you can't order it with the Stem you have : The Size was Medium a Bit to small. They also had it on closeout for 3200.00

@Barry S I did not. One of the things my lbs told me was that was a nice feature of the bike because you could sit more or less upright giving you 2 completely different feels. I would like it to be just a little more upright but I think my brake cable is maxed out.
I have been riding some pretty rough roads and trails, lots of loose rocks and steep descents and have been very happy with the brakes so far.
I am however a very nonaggresive and cautious rider so that may be a factor!

Exactly. That’s why there’s no excuse for Trek. The +7s version does but not the +7. Why?
Oh I see, I didn't realize you didn't want the +7s. Either way your point seems valid. Is there a reason you aren't interested in the class 3?

Oh I see, I didn't realize you didn't want the +7s. Either way your point seems valid. Is there a reason you aren't interested in the class 3?
Considerably more expensive and my wife (who it’s for) certainly won’t want to go that fast.

@Barry S I did not. One of the things my lbs told me was that was a nice feature of the bike because you could sit more or less upright giving you 2 completely different feels. I would like it to be just a little more upright but I think my brake cable is maxed out.
I have been riding some pretty rough roads and trails, lots of loose rocks and steep descents and have been very happy with the brakes so far.
I am however a very nonaggresive and cautious rider so that may be a factor!
Yeah I have a Regular Trek Verve 3 and that adjustable stem is fantastic : I'm not sure why they changed it : When they first released the Alliant 7 series : I was told by Trek that the quill stem could be purchased separately to Fit. Which it can : But doesn't fit the Latest models

Yeah I have a Regular Trek Verve 3 and that adjustable stem is fantastic : I'm not sure why they changed it : When they first released the Alliant 7 series : I was told by Trek that the quill stem could be purchased separately to Fit. Which it can : But doesn't fit the Latest models
Wonder why they change things like that? It is such a nice detail. I rode a Verve 3. I liked it very much. After talking to the lbs the Allant seemed a better choice for my riding area. I live down several miles of gravel road and I prefer flat bars. The Allant offered a great option. I rode the Vado 4.0 and almost bought it instead. Both are really great bikes. I about wore my local shops out test riding them both. It was hard because I also really liked both shops.

Considerably more expensive and my wife (who it’s for) certainly won’t want to go that fast.
Bummer, I find I only go really fast when I am going down a long incline. I don't think I have ever gone that fast just pedaling along a flat road, and rarely downhill. I never even saw the Allant +7 I did not realize they were cheaper. That may have swayed me!

Wonder why they change things like that? It is such a nice detail. I rode a Verve 3. I liked it very much. After talking to the lbs the Allant seemed a better choice for my riding area. I live down several miles of gravel road and I prefer flat bars. The Allant offered a great option. I rode the Vado 4.0 and almost bought it instead. Both are really great bikes. I about wore my local shops out test riding them both. It was hard because I also really liked both shops.
Money.
My wife liked the Verve+3 but really only because of the upright seating position. I really want her to have the +7 so we have the same battery/tires/etc. The Verve+3 just didn't have the motor/tires/etc. to match my +7 and my wife and I want to tour together.

Bummer, I find I only go really fast when I am going down a long incline. I don't think I have ever gone that fast just pedaling along a flat road, and rarely downhill. I never even saw the Allant +7 I did not realize they were cheaper. That may have swayed me!
I can go plenty fast downhill with the +7...35 mph is plenty fast and that’s just coasting!

Money.
My wife liked the Verve+3 but really only because of the upright seating position. I really want her to have the +7 so we have the same battery/tires/etc. The Verve+3 just didn't have the motor/tires/etc. to match my +7 and my wife and I want to tour together.
I can definitely see the value of having the same bike with the same components. I would love my husband to ride with me but he is far more into things with bigger motors, i.e. dirtbikes.
Would sharing an extra battery help with the lack of range extender option on the low step?

I can definitely see the value of having the same bike with the same components. I would love my husband to ride with me but he is far more into things with bigger motors, i.e. dirtbikes.
Would sharing an extra battery help with the lack of range extender option on the low step?
Yes but its not ideal. And, to be honest, it just frosts me that they charge the same money for a bike thats missing a major option. I just don’t get why the +7 doesn’t have a Stagger frame option since the 7s does.🤔

I asked Trek corporate this question and got a lot of ‘we couldn’t offer that adjustability at that price point’ and even a ‘modifying the bike with an adjustable handlebar stem would void the warranty’. The reason it doesn’t fit is (according to Trek) because they put a threadless system on the +7 so it would work with the suspension fork.

@Dallant that doesn't make any sense. They both have a suspension fork. The difference is in the speed. Does yours have the adjustable stem?

@Dallant that doesn't make any sense. They both have a suspension fork. The difference is in the speed. Does yours have the adjustable stem?
I’m just telling you Trek’s response to me. So this your bike and it came new with that adjustable stem? Are you in the U.S.A? Honestly never seen a picture of that stem on a +7. I’m starting to really wonder about Trek’s sales/marketing strategy approach.🙄
EF477229-F212-4166-AFF0-D243AE398265.jpeg

Back