Loose screws on Disc Brake Moscow

AndyB

Hi guys, i got in from a ride yesterday and found my rear disc brake was quite loose.
On closer inspection several of the screws holding it on were missing and there were only 2 left.
Ive had the bike 3 weeks and have covered about 400km so far.
Ive purchased new screws and tightened everything but any ideas as to why this would happen? Is this a normal thing i should be checking regularly?

That's right yes. Im not too familiar with bikes so i took it to a bike dealer to adjust the brakes and gears after delivery and they say it was fine when they had the bike.
Im going to check this daily now.

Tbh the bike was assembled when delivered and whilst i gave it a once over it wasn't something i checked myself. I didnt check if the 2 screws that were still on were like that but the replacements i purchased didnt look like that.
Any advice on what I should do? Im not too familiar with these things on bikes abd tempted to take it back to my local repair shop again.

I would advise checking over all nuts and screws from time to time. When I built mine up from new I made sure everything was tight. Have used many times now and still find the odd thing that comes loose, especially after using off road.

That's right yes. Im not too familiar with bikes so i took it to a bike dealer to adjust the brakes and gears after delivery and they say it was fine when they had the bike.
Im going to check this daily now.
Tip: Never squeeze the brake when the wheel is off, They self adjust & will need to be realigned. Itś
fairly simply. Shown in handbook.

Tbh the bike was assembled when delivered and whilst i gave it a once over it wasn't something i checked myself. I didnt check if the 2 screws that were still on were like that but the replacements i purchased didnt look like that.
Any advice on what I should do? Im not too familiar with these things on bikes abd tempted to take it back to my local repair shop again.
It sounds like you might not be familiar with Loctite Blue. It's like glue for nuts and bolts. It comes in a little tube that you can get at any hardware or auto parts store. Whenever you replace one of these little bolts or screws you put a tiny dab of this stuff on the threads, screw it in, and tighten it down normally. The Loctite hardens and makes it almost impossible for the screw to back out on its own through vibration. The blue formula is not permanent. The red formula is for something you probably don't want to take apart later. It's good stuff. Look for it by name, not sight. The Blue comes in a red tube and the Red comes in a blue tube for some reason.

TT

It sounds like you might not be familiar with Loctite Blue. It's like glue for nuts and bolts. It comes in a little tube that you can get at any hardware or auto parts store. Whenever you replace one of these little bolts or screws you put a tiny dab of this stuff on the threads, screw it in, and tighten it down normally. The Loctite hardens and makes it almost impossible for the screw to back out on its own through vibration. The blue formula is not permanent. The red formula is for something you probably don't want to take apart later. It's good stuff. Look for it by name, not sight. The Blue comes in a red tube and the Red comes in a blue tube for some reason.

TT
I use it on everything that doesn´t need regular adjustment

Back