Looking to purchase a barley used CCS - anything I should look out for during test drive?

mstotes

Hey All-

I am meeting up to possibly purchase a used CCS this weekend.
Are there any commons issues that I should look for when inspecting the bike?

A little nervous buying used but seller said in perfect condition, only 2 months old, and selling because too heavy carrying up to his office (which all seems legit).

Appreciate it! Thanks, Michael

Hey All-

I am meeting up to possibly purchase a used CCS this weekend.
Are there any commons issues that I should look for when inspecting the bike?

A little nervous buying used but seller said in perfect condition, only 2 months old, and selling because too heavy carrying up to his office (which all seems legit).

Appreciate it! Thanks, Michael
Maybe call juiced or go on chat and ask them if the warranty is transferable. I would ask the seller to charge the battery to full and make sure the voltage is close to 54.6 if it's a 48v system. This may be a first run bike, so could possibly have spoke breakage issues.

Meet at a bike shop and pay the mechanic $10-20 to give it a brief look. That will only cover mechanical issues.

Give it a test ride and see if anything sounds off.

And/or find another owner in your area perhaps and have him ride it too, to look for anything, and buy him a burrito or something.

Upon meeting, you could ask him to search his email to show the communication he's had with Juiced, to see what if any issues he's had. Sounds invasive but I'd be happy to do that for someone if asked.

If it’s only 2 months old it is unlikely to have the spokes issue as that was resolved in the last batch, though it would be good to check the rear wheel for any loose spokes. If the battery holds a full charge, I say go for it.

I’ve had mine since March and am also considering selling it as I want an electric fat bike. I really like my ccs but can not justify two ebikes, since I also have 4 conventional bikes. If I sell mine, someone will be getting a Great bike.

Also look closely to see if anything electrical has been tweaked or modded. (Mechanical changes and non electric part swaps don't matter, and the mechanic will catch them if they do.)

Repeating a little, but: be sure it has the new Sapim spokes. If it was delivered after November 2017, it does, so just get confirmation of that "2 months old" claim. Also, yeah, ask him to fully charge the battery and turn the bike on. The LCD display shows voltage in the upper left corner. I think Ryno is a little off; the stock charger will take my battery to 53.7 volts +- 0.2 volts. (This is around a 95%charge BTW.) Those are the top 2 in my book. I agree with the other comments.

Repeating a little, but: be sure it has the new Sapim spokes. If it was delivered after November 2017, it does, so just get confirmation of that "2 months old" claim. Also, yeah, ask him to fully charge the battery and turn the bike on. The LCD display shows voltage in the upper left corner. I think Ryno is a little off; the stock charger will take my battery to 53.7 volts +- 0.2 volts. (This is around a 95%charge BTW.) Those are the top 2 in my book. I agree with the other comments.

On mine a multimeter consistently reads 0.5V higher, and tops out at 53.7 or so, so I think it charges to nearly 100%.

I'll second that you need to check that the bike doesn't have the crappy spokes used on the first run. Mine does. It breaks spokes no matter how well the wheel is maintained, and Juiced won't step up and help even though they know it was poor design which they corrected.

The only reason I'd sell my CCS would be to buy a Rip Current. Spokes can be an annoyance If you try as hard as I
have to beat the daylights out of the bike. I just broke 2000 mi. & it rolls better than when I got it. However, I just
replaced a few spokes I popped on a chuckhole. (tires somewhat overinflated) Interesting chore, but I'm starting to
get good at it. Not the bike's fault. I know some of the CCS have had some issues,( in part due to user unfamiliarity),
but Juiced is pretty good about resolving problems...eventually. Juiced has grown so fast they've got their hands full
keeping up.

Back